Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tequilla - WHY?

edited July 2007 in Not Sports Related
So we were out last night in a non-smoking bar in London, which incidently was EMPTY !!!

After a fair few pints someone decided that it would be a good idea to have tequilla shots.....

then of course this ritual needs to be repeated several more times over the evening....

I can still taste the stuff 12 hours on....

what part of human psychology drives this behaviour, it's bonkers !!!

On the positive side, it's friday so we've gotta go out and do it all again tonight....

Comments

• Shots are the worst, i hate them! You have a nice couple of pints, then someone suggests it, sounds good at the time, then it gives you the worst hangover!

When you learn the answer to your question, please dood let me know!
  • If you think tequilla's bad try butterscotch snaps.Not touched the stuff for a few years and i can still taste it,saturday nights after footy at the st christophers in greenwich!
  • Sambucca is the worst stuff in the world, yet someone always recommends it.

Agree with all the above. Shots are vile and should be avoided like the plague.
  • Flaming Sambucca... Hairs on your chest stuff. Yuck. Not for me anymore.
  • Ouzo.

That stuff caused the death of a rugby player, whilst participating in the game 'hungry eyes'.

Legendary story though
  • Jagermeister... dry retch when i smell the stuff. One shot of that and i'm guranteed to be sick.

Since turning 30 i'm with MCS, avoid all shots, even if i get forced into taking one... i tip it.
  • The worst ones T i find are the thick ones ala that aftershock nonsense! Its just not cricket (i mean ketman)
  • I'm with T here, Jagermeister is absolutely FOUL.

I have a friend who drinks it all the time, always make sure I sit far enough away from him not to have to smell it.
  • [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]The worst ones T i find are the thick ones ala that aftershock nonsense! Its just not cricket (i mean ketman)

I don't recall who but somebody was definitely drinking out of date aftershock on the way to Liverpool.
  • Sponsored links:

• I remember when I were a young lad..............

All you could get as a chaser anywhere was either vodka, rum or whiskey. That was rough stuff. Since more places do aftershock, tequila, ouzo, sambuca etc I have realised how easy the kids of today have it.

I remember the time I had to drink my own weight in guiness just to be allowed to join in the chaser games.

We should be grateful...

God I'm pissed
  • They're all evil... all based upon watching Westerns as a kid where the hero just knock backs drinks... blleeeerrrrgggghhhhaaaaa!

The otherone i don't understand is the swigging spirits from a bottle, yeah, it may look rock n roll but jeeesss, a little bit of lime and soda and it tastes so much better!
  • Funny how you're body turns you off something after repeated excesses. I can't even have a sniff of rum anymore. Just makes me gag. I've heard some ex-smokers say similar things...

/runs off
  • Jagermeister. yuck
    i had a terrible ight on that stuff once... i was still heaving 6pm the following day... so ill. cant smell it now without quivering.
  • wierd aint it tho, i can go and have 10 beers, and be totally mangleworzled, spew my poor little ring up, then the next day have some more beers! But when its the minging shot thing that puts you over the edge you can taste it for years! I can still taste aftershock after i chundered on it once (in Morts genius old garden have pocs to prove too!) about 6 years ago that was! Can still remember how i felt and i can still smell it and taste it sometimes. Wierd huh
  • :-)

Aftershock is vile. I'm sure theres a white chocolate and a creme egg one, that are both vile to the extreme.
  • after shock... yuck. sat in a very busy bar and did a shot of that and it came straight back up and out... not a good look.
  • i can't smell tequila without it making my stomach turn

long island ice tea.....tastes like the acid in ur throat after u've been sick!

the first time i got very drunk i was alternating moskow mule's with diamond white, and was soooo ill. can't drink/smell either of those. can only drink cider at glastonbury and its not diamond white.
  • martini an cinzano... eeeurrgggghhhhhhh - bought home in the back of the teachers car with a sick bag after church disco.
  • Go to the buffalo bar in islington, they do weird flavoured vodka shots. Such as mint, apple crumble.

I like to have a sambuca after every other pint. Or a strong appletini if its suitable.
  • Sponsored links:

• Medronho is a must if you visit Portugal. Just tastes of alcohol.
  • was shot-tastic at the weekend. Sambucca, Tequila and Aftershook = foul, snapps = good and refreshing, but the best of the lot was this honey and rum combination. Luverly, just a shame we discovered them mid-afternoon....
  • We used to snort Tequila out of bottle tops - Arf might remember doing that at Watford away one year
  • Raki is the worst stuff i ever had in a shot! Vile! Flaming Sambucca's can be done all day tho love the stuff! Tequilla aint too bad either! Worst ever story has to be going on a rival team i wont mention's players end of season party two seasons ago wen we started on Goldschlager shots at about 10:30am by 5pm we had a pile of shots as tall as me (6'1") and we were all dressed in nighties!, walking thru Bromley High St in a nightie at half 5 on a friday wasn't my proudest moment! So steer clear of the Goldschlager!
  • Tequila and jaigermeister - luvverly jubberly!
  • Drinking Guinness with Goldschlager chasers results in a phenomenon known as 'fools gold' the next day.
  • Is it sambucca shot chucked in a pint of guinness still in the shot glass thats an irish car bomb? can't quite remember exactly wat it was the next day after me and a pal had a few!
  • Pink Sambucca hmmmmm! Yummy!
  • I remember the tequila snorters at watford...what about the tractors half cider/half guinness with a dash of tia maria in the top!! And it wasn't a proper tractor unless the straw you drank it through stood up unaided in the middle of the glass
  • my head feels bad enough this morning and kept to the wine..... 5 bottles between 3 of us. ouch.

hen night tonight and going no where near shots. or wine.