Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post mortem

edited October 2006 in General Charlton
a bit early to be picking the bones out of that I know, but wanted to get some stuff off my chest whilst quaffing my final beer of the day - a cheeky little nelson i've just plucked from the fridge.

Firstly, the support. don't really see what else we could've done. good support in terms of numbers, volume, etc. got a tube back with a load of scroats, not good but I spose it's better than a load of flasks - just!

Secondly, the performance. Was totally underwhelmed by the first 20 mins or so. It got better, and Romm had a good first half, but thought we flattered to deceive against a pretty ordinary Fulham side. The second half was a bit of a shambles from where I was sitting. Yeah, we got going eventually, but for fucks sake (can I swear AKKA?), we were 2-0 down by then.

Thirdly, the rest of the season. Make no mistake here, we are in a relegation fight. To all those people who wanted "excitement", well here it comes. I've seen it before, been there and done that. Don't fancy it meself, but that's what we've got.

Fourthly, drinking beer all day - with the odd short thrown in - is not good and should be left to professionals. Drink sensibly people.

Comments

• Options
    Ahhh, go on then - maybe just one more, in case someone wants to talk.
  • Options
    Can't argue with any of that. Especially point three...
  • Options
    Point three is the on I was wanting comfort on. Come on Inspector, you're an intelligent and trustworthy fella. Surely you can tell me it's all gonna be alright, can't you???
  • Options
    We are undoubtedly in a relegation fight...... No shadow.....

I feel that Dowie(who Im increasingly starting to dislike) can have us pass the ball a bit but we can't sem to get the break through.... Reid missed the exact same certain goal that Hasslebaink missed the other week against Arsenal.....

Weve got the relegation luck at the moment.... no penalty against Gallas......

If we dont beat Watford were F##$% and 2 more games and then Dowies gonna get it!!!!!!!
  • Options
    we're Not getting the rub of the green at all. I thought Mcbride caught the ball, greatstrike when it came down.

Reid, HH, Rom should all have scored... I still think we'll be out the mire by Christmas.
  • Options
    the one thing you would expect HH to do is get his nut on the ball from 3 yards out.

You can't afford to let simple chances like that go to waste.
  • Options
    Had that header gone it it's exactly the kind of result to kick start the season.

What exactly is Hasslebank doing on the pitch? Start with the Bents on Saturday. And why did no one get the ball to Romm and Thomas in the second half?

We're on to Watford now and they created plenty of chance against Arsenal, it certainly isn't going to be easy.
  • Options
    I only live round the corner from the valley and the way I feel at the moment I would rather stay in and watch the cricket on saturday.

Must admit I'm looking forward to taking the nephew to the junior reds xmas do.
  • Options
    Off_it, the pub opens in 2 hours, start again.
  • Options
    "Thirdly, the rest of the season. Make no mistake here, we are in a relegation fight. To all those people who wanted "excitement", well here it comes. I've seen it before, been there and done that. Don't fancy it meself, but that's what we've got."

Spot on, off it,spot on. I haven't felt this low about the team for I can't remember how long. My heart tells me that never do well at Fulham, that we played some good stuff and created chances, that Thomas was back and Diawara will get used to the prem, that Pouso may be the missing link, that our luck's got to change and that we've still got our Darren.

My head says ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Having watched the game in the early hours after a four hour meeting. My observation is we look like a newly promoted team trying to stick to our principles. The problem with that is that those sort of teams tend to go down.

We play some pretty stuff at times, but the fundamental skills seem to be missing and we don't have much cutting edge.
  • Options
    If your head is saying ARRRRHHHHHHHHHH, you really don't want to know what my stomach is telling me.

Damn you Burger King...
  • Options
    It's not all doom and gloom.

The Premierships is so average that outside of the top 4 everyone can pick up points off everyone. There is no reason that any of the sides at the bottom can't take 20+ points from the next 10 games. If we're still bottom with 10 games to play then i'll be worried.
  • Options
    Im worried now..... and i will be positively cacking myself if were still in trouble with 10 games left....
  • Options
    I'll take 17th right now. I've been posting that since the summer.