Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Good sportsmanship - Doing it the Charlton way

edited October 2006 in General Charlton
Now I'm all for playing fair and giving everyone a go, but our players are being too soft for their own good.

Twice tonight we put the ball out of play when a Fulham player was injured (and have done it several other times this season) when we had a clear opportunity to attack. The (unwritten) "rules" on this were supposed to have been changed so that play only gets stopped if the ref says so. How many other teams have put the ball out of play when we've had someone injured?

We can't afford to be all nice and "Ooh look, Johnny's fallen over, I'd best put the ball out for a throw so he can get some attention" - we've gotta be mean and tough and play every advantage we get. Ok, so you may feel a little guilty about taking advantage, but you don't feel guilty about diving, so why feel bad about legitimately playing-on?

Comments

• Options
    Spot on, totally agree with ya. It was so frustrating to me that they kept on doin it, whats the point, the other team will always nail it straight back kti the keeper.

Another thing that got my goat last night, el kak hoofing it into row zz when we were losing and trying to equalize. Its as tho he was wasting time. In fact i think el kak is, well ell effing kak.
  • Options
    Have to agree with you that El Kak is kak.
  • Options
    He is living on a few goals in a short period of time.

if he never scored those goals he would be booed.
  • Options
    Agreed FB, also agree about El Kak but we have been short on options - anyone know if Sorondo and/or Traore might be fit for Saturday?