Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tonights away support

As probably the first one back from the match tonight, our support was top-draw tonight.

Don't know how it came over on the TV, but well done everyone (supporters) that were there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Came over well on the box.
  • Options
    [cite] stanmoreaddick:[/cite]As probably the first one back from the match tonight, our support was top-draw tonight.
    Well we did well on the volume, but I dunno whether I'd describe our support as top-draw tonight. This is probably going to get me a bunch of flack, but how much of the volume was actually supportive of the team, rather than slating the opposition, or the traditional Millwall and Palace baiting? It was nice to hear the old favourites like "Goodbye Horse", but we don't really have a leg to stand on with the repeated choruses of "Your support is f***ing s**t", when we have to have a campaign just to get more than 1000 away fans for a London derby. I've got nothing against a bit of banter with the opposition, but come on, is that really the best we can do in terms of vocal support?

And don't get me started on the muppets who were more interested in making wanker gestures at the fans in the neighbouring stand, than the fact we were actually attacking at the time. (Although it did make me laugh when one of them spent several minutes hollering "who's the wanker in the pink" at some fulham fan, and turned round and realised that two of his mates sitting directly to his right were both wearing pink tops)
  • Options
    At least they turned up and tried to do their bit. Probably don;t like it any more than you, but reckon we need to be a bit nastier all round. youngsters giving it a bit is par for the cousre for any decent sized away support, so why not us?

Is that right? Maybe not. Is that how it is, yes. So, do we stop them or encourage them? Stopping them leads to no vocal support. encouraging them leads to ........... who knows.
  • Options
    Thought our support was quality last night. Obviously the goals knocked the stuffing out of us a bit, but at least we didnt take 600 over there. That was a good turn out imo, and so what if yoof dont watch the game, they pay there money just like the rest, if they wanna do cut throat signs to rival fans, let em, i think its well funny.
  • Options
    The only thing was when a few started singing Alan, Alan Curbishley and asking for Dowie out.

The club has moved on and so should we. Probably the same people moaning that Curbs should have gone.

We're so fickle arent we?!
  • Options
    had words with a Curb caller last night, really don't like arguing amongst our own.

though i'm not quite there yet, i can understand people giving Dowie stick, we're bottom of the league after all, but calling for a bloke that is never going to come back, and who most were pleased to have gone is the most pointless, depressing and demoralising thing you can do.
  • Options
    with you on that one afka. i think we are talking about the same particular person. ive never felt more like giving someone a smack but do feel a bit ashamed at my language at him so apologise to anyone who was offended by that.

and then the ironic "going down" chants. we have some fooking thick fans, even if that was supposed to be funny.

i got a lecture about football violence this morning... and causing trouble in the stands....
  • Options
    I must be alone as the only person who is actually enjoying this season. OK Results have not gone well so far, I still think we will turn it round, perhaps it's blind loyalty but I still believe in our team. Thought the support was good last night, people slag of ours well Fulhams was shocking last night.
  • Options
    I had a row with a Curb Caller as well, when I asked why sing for Curbs, I just got called a wanker.

Ho hum
  • Options
    im enjoying it ketman. The football is far better to watch, if we could now just get a few points.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    AFKA - I did laugh when you berated the curb caller and even he wasnt sure why he was doing it. Did I hear him right when he said it was because the game was on TV?
  • Options
    Was it David Pleat?
  • Options
    Curb caller or Curb crawler? Who berated you then?
  • Options
    [cite] 1905:[/cite]AFKA - I did laugh when you berated the curb caller and even he wasnt sure why he was doing it. Did I hear him right when he said it was because the game was on TV?

his exact words were "because curbs is on the tv in the studio"

cue disbelief from afka saying "and? bully for him!"

curb_it, didn't hear the first time you decided to use your choice words, but i did hear them numerous times when you repeated what you said 40 odd times as we were walking across the park, by the river, across the bridge, in the the car.......
  • Options
    40 odd times? are you trying to say im boring suzi?

i was just wound up, still get the hump when i think about it now.
    we have some crap fans.
  • Options
    Curb-It /Ketman - I am enjoying it too, if we are in for a relagaton struggle then so be it.
    The football is better on the whole than it has been for much of the last two years, I still believe the results will start coming. We played alright much of the time last night, but Jensen did show us that we are lacking a bit of class still.

I thought Hughes, Reid and Hasselbank were the biggest disappointments last night - unlike some, I actually expected a lot more from Hughes. He was central too so no excuses this time.

Hughes and JFH should not start on Saturday, bring back Kish and Marcus Bent. Maybe change Reid for Thomas too, but perhaps should gie him another game to get into his stride.
  • Options
    So with ***** where needed what did you say Curb it? I would ask Suzi but it sounds like she may not have heard it enough times to remember.
  • Options
    [cite] Curb_It:[/cite]40 odd times? are you trying to say im boring suzi?

i was just wound up, still get the hump when i think about it now.
    we have some crap fans.

perhaps that was a slight exaggeration and it was funny, not boring. :-)

what was boring, was the two gimps at half time, standing 3 foot away from each other shouting "red army" and punching the air, then the other one goes: "red army" and punches the air FOR 15 MINUTES NON STOP!!! oh my god. get a life. and if that wasn't bad enough, they started on "charlton are cool, charlton are cool, whoo-aah whoo-ahhh!"

what the f**k????? they were embarrassing!
  • Options
    Yeah I heard them, they were standing right next to you lot as well, we decided to make a strategic withdrawal & try to find one of those mobile beer Guys/Gals..!
  • Options
    you did well to get away, i didn't have any energy to move. did my hangover no good at all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    High Chav count in the stand last night
  • Options
    I like the mobile beer thing... if only they could come up and down the stands to your seats!
    make even better.

nice to see LTGTR after such a long time and nice to meet Solid Gone.
    Dont think i met anyone else new last night.

Off It was far tamer when he arrived than i expected him to be.
  • Options
    One of the Charlton Yoof asked for my 'Operation Craven' sticker I was wearing, was happy to oblige!
  • Options
    "Charlton are cool" - I wonder if it was Bollywood from Netaddicks?!
  • Options
    Suzi, did you hear those two women in the first half say 'he's hot, lets go and sit in front of him'. All over me like a cheap suit they were, but i took it in my stride and gave them the cold shoulder :-)
  • Options
    those mobile beer guys were a good idea, except as soon as he opened my bottle of fosters it almost exploded over me. howitzer asked him if he'd been doing star jumps!!!

and only £2.50 for a quality hot dog....not sure about trying to sell fruit bars though, whats all that about, there's no place for it!!!

saw those guys chanting red army at each other at half time, grow up please!!

also who is the guy with the mohawk haircut? i'm hoping its for charity or something mate!!!! : )
  • Options
    Couldn't get a Krispy Kreme doughnut though!
  • Options
    There was one selling them just before the start of the second half.
  • Options
    [cite] AFKA Bartram:[/cite]Suzi, did you hear those two women in the first half say 'he's hot, lets go and sit in front of him'. All over me like a cheap suit they were, but i took it in my stride and gave them the cold shoulder :-)

i know. i saw them at half time, one was consoling the other one that was absolutely distraught at the way you dismissed her. really afka, its happened to you so many times before, i'd have thought you could have learnt to brush girls off a bit more gently than you did....
  • Options
    [cite] Rothko:[/cite]Couldn't get a Krispy Kreme doughnut though!

they were by the entrance when you went in. 2 in a box.