Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A glaring lack of quality.....

edited October 2006 in General Charlton
watched it on TV over here, firstly well done to the CAFC fans there - loud & clear & deserved more than was dished up by the players out there

Fulham were very poor, terrible in the first half & only lifted by the magical Jensen in the second - oh to have him back at The Valley

we were also mainly dreadful, huffed & puffed but didn't string more than 3 passes together for the entire game & the number of silly, unforced errors was incredible

we had absolutely no class, no Jensen type player to put their foot on the ball & find the right ball - instead it was lump it up front to the useless JFH or poor old Bent who chased all night

Romm was his usual frustrating self, moments of class but bottled every challenge - at least he had more impact than Reid, Hughes & Faye who were all anonymous.

My marks out of 10

Carson - 7 - nothing to do all night except pick the ball out of the net twice
Young - 6 -lost the ball countless times & failed to get forward to support Reid
HH - 6 - one of his better games, but again first touch was often shocking
El Kak - 4 - thought he was pony, keep him away from free kicks please & needs to think about what he is doing, booting the ball into Row Z with 2 mins remaining is not bright
Diawara - 7 - thought he did OK, a bit unpredictable - but generally won every 50:50 & more
Romm - 7 - his usual self
Hughes - 3 - forgot he was playing until i saw him being subbed
Faye - 6 - clumsy but persistent
Reid - 4 - fat & useless most of the time, terrible dead ball work
JFH - 0 - get rid quick, he's so far over the hill he's practically underground - dreadful, dreadful, dreadful
Bent - 7 - took his goal well but starved of decent service

Holland - 5 - not much time to do anything other than his usual chasing the ball around
Thomas - 5 - did nothing
Bent M - 6 - better than JFH, should replace him next game

I'm not calling for Dowie to go, but it's getting serious now - need 3 points against Watford or we are really in trouble

harrumph

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2006
    A pretty close to the mark representation of what it seemed like at the match- except i think you are being harsh on Reid.

Three points against Watford are now absolutely essential.

Come on you Addicks!!!!
  • Options
    I think you are being harsh on the whole team. We dominated the first half and although you have to turn the possession into goals, which would be a fair criticism, I think conversely that your criticisms are not so.
    If you think that we didn't string 3 passes together in the first half then I think you need to realise that we were in fact the team playing in red.
    Rommerdahl was not his usual self - he was MOTM in the first half. If you're asking more of him than that then you're not being realistic.
    I agree to some extent about Elk & JFH. Personally I think Diawara is not going to be anything special and I'm worried about this area particularly.
    Dowie deserves some criticism I think but no more than Curbs who is responsible for the loss of players like Jensen in the first place, and without whose disastrous final season(s?) in charge we wouldn't be in this mess now.
  • Options
    Oh, and another thing. How on earth can you say Thomas did nothing? He came on and created the goal. Funny definition of 'nothing' that. Reading your comments again I just think you are over-reacting in a big way. For me Rommerdahl is just beginning to show us what he can really do. What about that superb centre from Bent that Rommerdahl controlled well, and then blasted it just past the post? That was a superb move. Aside from that he had the Fulham defense in a shambles.

This is beginning to remind me of when I was playing. We'd play well and lose. Everyone just said we were crap but it wasn't true then and isn't now. I even got nicknamed 'bottom' at school (yeah jimmymelrose was at school - that's mad -eh?). Guess what though - we escaped. Welcome back to the late eighties. So who's up for it now? - not you Oakster - but I am.
  • Options
    it's all about opinions mate

i thought we were pretty shoddy, our passing & use of possession was woeful at times

but if you are happy with a defeat by a poor Fulham side - so be it

i stand by all i said, Romm was Ok - better than most, but the rest were by & large poor & it's the complacent attitude of we were OK & nearly got a point that will cost us big time

i agree this mess is largely of Curbs making but we can't keep making that excuse
  • Options
    How can you say Thomas did nothing, he only got the ball few times, and was one of only a few who got the ball and ran with it into danger areas, hence the goal he made for Benty.

How that wasn't a pen i dont no.
  • Options
    To be fair to Amady Faye, he got insulted in the middle when Flum went with 3 in the middle, and was working like a dog.
  • Options
    Thought Faye did well, he was up against that fcuking great thing in the middle, diop is it. That geezer is mahoosive.
  • Options
    Thought that we played quite well in first half. Did our usual trick of not turning up after half time. Do they give them ovaltine in the dressing room?? One other basic problem is that we never win contested headers. I know that Fulham have some big players but this happens every game and has done for more than a season. But last night we only won 7 contested headers out of approx 50-60 challenges. If we can't win the ball, we can play the ball/
  • Options
    Corners didn't work, we had several last night and each time tried an inswinging kick to the edge of the six yard box, presumably for someone to flick on, every corner the same with the result that it was cleared and a free ball into the box was wasted. We need to vary the corner kicking policy a bit more.