Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eastwood interest confirmed ?

edited July 2007 in Rumours
The Echo. Local essex newspaper is reporting that Charlton are now ready to bid 2 million for Freddy. The article says Charlton have been monitoring the situation and now Bent is gone are ready to step up efforts to sign Eastwood. Is it true ? I hope so. Could it be just agent talk trying to get things moving ? I suspect so. What say you ?

Comments

• Options
    Hope so, think he will be great
  • Options
    Rekon it would be quite something seeing Luke and Freddy tearing up the CCC defences. Worth the season ticket money alone...Come on Pards !
  • Options
    Does anyone know if Varney can play deeper or on the wing? If we did sign Eastwood, which looks an increasing possibility, then we would either play three up front (Iwelumo, Varney, Eastwood) or have to play one of them wider or deeper if we went 4-4-2. We are not in a position to pay 2 million quid to stick people on the bench!!!

However, when are we going to sign some bloody midfielders??????
  • Options
    I always thought that Iwelumo was signed as 'something different' ie a bit of height and more of a bruiser so if we need to rough 'em up and get at 'em he'd be your man. So say Varney and Eastwood as first choice with Iwelumo and the raw talent of Dickson as back-up. Even then if James Walker fails to sign we still need another striker in my opinion, assuming Useless Bent goes.
  • Options
    this is all well and good but we still dont have a midfield or does he think holland, thomas, ambrose, walton, sicknote, asnd errr cant really think of anyone else, bougie? are enough..
  • Options
    of course not and I'm sure he's adressing that as we speak (well maybe not at ten past midnight exactly). We need at least two midfielders. I'd take Lee Hendrie as one of them. BTW you forgot Christiansen and Sam and, for the moment at least, Romm and Faye.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]of course not and I'm sure he's adressing that as we speak (well maybe not at ten past midnight exactly). We need at least two midfielders. I'd take Lee Hendrie as one of them. BTW you forgot Christiansen and Sam and, for the moment at least, Romm and Faye.

fair enough ... I just hope we arent left short...
  • Options
    Read that in the Echo as well.

In my opinion, Eastwood would prefer to come to us and everyone has been waiting on the Bent deal to go through before anything can happen. Will be delighted if they sign him.

From what I have seen of him, he likes to play in a similiar way to Rooney, dropping off, picking the ball up further up the pitch and running at defenders, so a bit different to our other strikers.

Currant bun also said that Chris Powell has come back? As cover for Thatcher and not too high wages, great news.
  • Options
    I think the pikey eastwood would be a great signing, go on Pards, do it, do it.
  • Options
    it all depends on whether the club is willing to lose revenue on the West Stand car park so that he can set up home.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    lol, west side apprentice
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    http://www.watford.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=71716

2.75m is way too much in my opinion. We could get Chopra for 1.5m which is better value for money for a better player.
  • Options
    with Norwich snapping up Cureton instead, the list of would-be suitors is diminishing day by day.

Personally i think Southend need to cash in, particularly with new stadium plans lodged, and this one should go through at a realistic price.
  • Options
    You've all got this totally wrong it's CLINT Eastwood we are interested in signing, from today's Times:

A search using your Firefox web browser will show you that Pardew is In The Line Of Fire following Charlton's Hearthbreak Ridge of a relegation. Not wanting to be Unforgiven, Pardew is lining up Eastwood. The Rookie is quoted saying "Sign me Any Which Way You Can". It is hoped he can make a Sudden Impact to help Charlton walk safely along the Tightrope of promotion following a proposed six figure move. The Million Dollar Baby won't be happy to be a sub though - he has publicly stated that he doesn't want to get a Rawhide sitting on the bench.
  • Options

image.php?AttachmentID=280
  • Options
    lol
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]You've all got this totally wrong it's CLINT Eastwood we are interested in signing, from today's Times:

A search using your Firefox web browser will show you that Pardew is In The Line Of Fire following Charlton's Hearthbreak Ridge of a relegation. Not wanting to be Unforgiven, Pardew is lining up Eastwood. The Rookie is quoted saying "Sign me Any Which Way You Can". It is hoped he can make a Sudden Impact to help Charlton walk safely along the Tightrope of promotion following a proposed six figure move. The Million Dollar Baby won't be happy to be a sub though - he has publicly stated that he doesn't want to get a Rawhide sitting on the bench.[/quote]

lol, sco your a genius dood.
  • Options
    looks like something could happen soon.

eastwood moving soon?
  • Options
    edited July 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH0qTMSi3y0

Some great goals here, particularly ones from outside the box. How great would it be to see a player in a Charlton shirt score (shoot even!) from 20 yards? And some of the one on ones remind me of those Dazza used to score... oh, those were the days!!!
  • Options
    looks fantastic.... hope he comes...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Two out of us, Watford and Wolves at a guess.
  • Options
    My Sarfend contact said we tabled a bid yesterday, but Wolves have topped it and that he is having a medical with Wolves.

Expects everything to be resolved one way or another before the weekend.
  • Options
    It'll come down to who's prepared to pay him the most, I reckon.
  • Options
    forget Eastwood, too much baggage, and go for Chopra.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_McMoist[/cite]It'll come down to who's prepared to pay him the most, I reckon.

I don't knowing what gypo's are like if he could earn roughly the same with all his family around him he will go for that
  • Options
    Too much baggage? What are you on? Unless you mean his horse n cart.

Chopra has been around for years and done nothing.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Looks like a two horse race ................
    Wolves v Charlton
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Too much baggage? What are you on? Unless you mean his horse n cart.

Chopra has been around for years and done nothing.

Think you'll find Chopra scored more goals in the same division last season. FRom what I've been told he has a major drink problem. As with all things it may be true it may not but I think Chopra is a better bet and is cheaper.
  • Options
    If we don't get him for the sake of £500k that'll be poor
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: No.1 in South London[/cite]Looks like a two horse race ................
    Wolves v Charlton

Two horse ? No mention of his caravan then.