Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pensioner!!!!!!!

Gas and Electric meter reading man referred to me as a, ‘Pensioner’ today, FFS, bloody cheek!

So I decked him 🥊 🙀 what would you have done?

Comments

• Options
    Gas and Electric meter reading man referred to me as a, ‘Pensioner’ today, FFS, bloody cheek!

Get a smart meter, don't have your meter read then
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Just so we can get a sense of perspective, how old are you?

I SAID, HOW OLD ARE YOU?
    Sorry can you repeat that I'm a trifle deaf.

65 and I can't officially retire until May next year, not that I'm planning too.
  • Options

He probably thought you were giving him a friendly pat on the head.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

I SAID, HOW OLD ARE YOU?

65 and I can't officially retire until May next year, not that I'm planning too.
    So if you are 65 you are officially a pensioner then
  • Options
    Macronate said:

I SAID, HOW OLD ARE YOU?

So if you are 65 you are officially a pensioner then
    Not necessarily Paulie.  Pension age gradually increasing, it'll be 67 soon and who knows what'll happen after that?

6 December 1953 – 5 January 1954        6 March 2019
    6 January 1954 – 5 February 1954          6 May 2019
    6 February 1954 – 5 March 1954             6 July 2019
    6 March 1954 – 5 April 1954                   6 September 2019
    6 April 1954 – 5 May 1954                      6 November 2019
    6 May 1954 – 5 June 1954                      6 January 2020
    6 June 1954 – 5 July 1954                      6 March 2020
    6 July 1954 – 5 August 1954                   6 May 2020
    6 August 1954 – 5 September 1954         6 July 2020
    6 September 1954 – 5 October 1954        6 September 2020
    6 October 1954 – 5 April 1960                 66th birthday  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    At sixty five you are officially an old git.

And a bloody miserable one as well!🤯
  • Options
    I was officially a miserable old git long before 65! Never miss an opportunity to get an OAP discount, much to my wife's annoyance!
  • Options
    redman said:
    I was officially a miserable old git long before 65! Never miss an opportunity to get an OAP discount, much to my wife's annoyance!
    Good lad! I belong to a club called the ‘old gits’ and still only 64. 
  • Options
    Apart from your body disagreeing with you, there are many benefits in being an OAP. I must say after 9 years, I am still enjoying it
  • Options
    Mametz said:
    I went to an Albert Lee gig last week. The place was packed  with pensioners in tee shirts, jiggling up and down in their seats. The only reason I wasn't one of them was I had to stand up on account of my arthritic knee!
    Was he on form @Mametz
  • Options

Get a smart meter, don't have your meter read then
    Good thinking, boy blunder.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Addickted said:
    Macronate said:

I SAID, HOW OLD ARE YOU?
    You never have to ask a pensioner their age as they all tell you anyway.
    Have I told you I’m 65?

Got any Werther’s Originals?
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

He probably thought you were giving him a friendly pat on the head.
    I broke my wrist, I’m in A & E.
  • Options
    Mametz said:
    I went to an Albert Lee gig last week. The place was packed  with pensioners in tee shirts, jiggling up and down in their seats. The only reason I wasn't one of them was I had to stand up on account of my arthritic knee!
    I knew I was getting old, when I went to see Steely Dan a few years ago and I was surrounded by a sea of bald heads.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    redman said:
    Admittedly there are some perks but just hearing someone call me a Pensioner was a bloody shock. As Graham Taylor may have said, ‘Do I not like that.’
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:
    Apart from your body disagreeing with you, there are many benefits in being an OAP. I must say after 9 years, I am still enjoying it
    And here’s me thinking you were a young whippersnapper?
  • Options
    My hairdresser was bemoaning being on her own and in need of a lunch break, she even sent a customer packing.  She told me I was ok though as she could cut my hair in two minutes flat.  I told her she was unkind :neutral:

• Options
    I went to see Dartford play a year or two ago. I went with my brother in law who was a year younger than me at 64. I had to ask for the OAP discount; he got the discount with being asked.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Getting called "young man" at least twice a day is one of the benefits of doing some charity work with the elderly.
    https://youtu.be/7Nk9vSx7nE0
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Hubby (who is 59 in November) went to pay for us both to get into the local show.
    ’Two OAP’s please’ says he.
    ’Not a bother’ says the man behind the jump.
    I’m not 50 until December!
    Fecking cheek!
    Still, got in half price. Loving this grey hair mullarkey ;-)
  • Options
    I had some friends over from New York and one of them went to the National on the south bank to get some theatre tickets. ‘Excuse me sir, says the lad behind the counter, may i ask you if you are over 65’. Yes came the reply , because in his early 80s he probably was. ‘Then I can offer you the tickets even cheaper as a pensioner but some people feel insulted if we just offer them.’ Not a problem says my friend who was not familiar with the concept of older people being given concession prices, you can insult me anytime. Mind you, in his case he could have probably bought the theatre...ok, perhaps not that one...
  • Options

Another 4 years before I'm officially a pensioner, but one of the first things I did when I hit 60 was get a Senior Railcard.

There are some benefits!!

• Options
    Best thing for me was getting my freedom pass, I don't drive. I use it on buses trains and DLR and travel about quite a bit.
  • Options
    Our local barber offers a discount to over 60s, which is absolutely no fecking use all  😢😢😢