Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2 poor referees in a week

Have just seen the referee for the west brom game on Saturday is matt donohue. This is his 3rd time refereeing Charlton already this season!!! People may remember he took charge of the home game against Birmingham where we lost 1-0. He sent boywer off for throwing a ball in the direction of the away dugout which was later rescinded!! From what I remember he was pretty poor that afternoon.
So Linington on Wednesday who has sent boywer off and donohue Saturday who has sent boywer off!!!  Good job Lee is in the stands!!! 😂 😂 😂 

Comments

• mmmm. conspiracy theory...
  • At least there an improvement on last year's lot 
  • So Linington on Wednesday who has sent boywer off and donohue Saturday who has sent boywer off!!!  Good job Lee is in the stands!!! 😂 😂 😂 
    With our track record with crap officials one of them will probably accuse Lord Bowyer of instructing his staff to abuse them and show him a red-and-blue-striped card, banishing him to the hell that is Selhurst.
  • doronron said:
    At least there an improvement on last year's lot 
    Afraid not doronron.
    James Linington was poor in the two homes games he did last season at the valley. 
    The Peterborough match where he was the only person who thought Lewis Page fouled the forward in the box which resulted in a defeat and another game we won when he disallowed a goal from a corner when a defender knocked his own keeper. Many other strange decisions in both matches.

The ref on Saturday was whistle happy but he played the advantage rule well and i assume he got the JFC booking correct as I couldn't see it clearly ?
  • doronron said:
    At least there an improvement on last year's lot 
    Afraid not doronron.
    James Linington was poor in the two homes games he did last season at the valley. 
    The Peterborough match where he was the only person who thought Lewis Page fouled the forward in the box which resulted in a defeat and another game we won when he disallowed a goal from a corner when a defender knocked his own keeper. Many other strange decisions in both matches.

The ref on Saturday was whistle happy but he played the advantage rule well and i assume he got the JFC booking correct as I couldn't see it clearly ?
    The JFC booking was harsh. I didn't think he dived but nor was it a pen; it looked to me like Jake lost his balance after being on the end of a number of challenges during his charge into the box.

That's how I called it at the time and I haven't seen any footage of the incident.

Saturday's ref seemed to give plenty to Derby but not to Charlton ... although that may be me wearing my Addick-tinted glasses again!
  • Well at least neither of them can send Bowyer off this time :-)
  • Over all I think the standard at home games has been pretty good this season with most of them keen to try and let the game flow. On Saturday the ref ignored a lot of Derby's tragic attempts to con him after losing possession. Haven't seen any replay of the JFC "dive" but I trusted his judgement based on his general handling of the game. There are going to be a few victims of misjudgements with these offences but if that's what it takes to stop the constant diving for penalties, I'll accept those. 

Haven't been to many aways this term but the guy at Reading was laughable, somehow being swayed by a home crowd that barely created a whisper. Even he at least gave us our pen.

The Bowyer incident v Brum was clearly badly dealt with but at some point we're probably going to have to accept that they're not all wrong - he was no saint as a player and does like to get in their ears; I've heard his discussions with officials even in friendlies! Again, I'll take that if it contributes to his incredible success. 
  • Matt Donohue who has already taken charge of 3 games this season (Barnsley and West brom away) (Birmingham at home)  will be our referee once again on Saturday at QPR. Everyone put your money on a manager or a player to be sent off. Loves a red card and giving naby sarr soft penalties 😂😂😂
  • Should be titled 23 poor referees in a season!
  • edited December 2019
    Should be titled 23 poor referees in a season, at home!
  • Sponsored links:

• Matt Donohue who has already taken charge of 3 games this season (Barnsley and West brom away) (Birmingham at home)  will be our referee once again on Saturday at QPR. Everyone put your money on a manager or a player to be sent off. Loves a red card and giving naby sarr soft penalties 😂😂😂
    Hopefully he can tell the players apart this time
  • edited December 2019
    I thought he was awful in the Barnsley game. Couldn't wait to blow his whistle every time a player went down resulting in what might have been a decent game becoming a stop start mess. Then gave us a very debatable pen which obviously I wasn't complaining about at the time.

WBA away, again gave us a soft pen. Missed the handball for their goal although you can't really blame him for that as it was very difficult to spot. But again, too whistle happy and keen to indulge the easy going down of players who quickly sussed him out. 

Strangely I can't remember much about his performance in the Brum game apart from the ridiculous sending off of Bowyer. If his other games are anything to go by though I shan't relish the prospect of him refereeing our game this weekend. 
  • Does highlight the growing lack of Professional Referees within the top leagues

Few years ago it would have been crazy to have had an official more than once a season let alone four times
    We were right to have been worried.   He was awful again yesterday.  

How does he keep getting championship matches? 
  • We got our first foul after 19 minutes. He literally gave them everything until then.
  • I agree. The ref was spoken and defensive. He got some decisions right but his attitude from the start towards the players was a paranoid how dare you one.
    I thought he was a homer, they all usually are (including for us,) but yesterday I thought it was worse than usual.
  • I think I've only seen us have maybe 3 decent refs all season which is even more worrying!
  • Good old Keith Stroud in charge on Boxing Day :)

EFL paying us back for Roland's latest rant surely!!
  • Good old Keith Stroud in charge on Boxing Day :)

EFL paying us back for Roland's latest rant surely!!
    The football equivalent of a couple of bits of coal in your Christmas stocking instead of a shiny new Play Station (other gaming consoles are available).
  • Have just seen the referee for the west brom game on Saturday is matt donohue. This is his 3rd time refereeing Charlton already this season!!! People may remember he took charge of the home game against Birmingham where we lost 1-0. He sent boywer off for throwing a ball in the direction of the away dugout which was later rescinded!! From what I remember he was pretty poor that afternoon.
    So Linington on Wednesday who has sent boywer off and donohue Saturday who has sent boywer off!!!  Good job Lee is in the stands!!! 😂 😂 😂 
    Are you related to BexleyBoy by any chance?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2020
    Bit remarkable really... Currently writing the preview for tomorrow

Referee will be Peter Bankes - Has taken charge of one other Charlton game this season: Charlton v Swansea!!

As a reminder this is the bloke that Bowyer questioned about being mates with Steve Cooper!!
  • Bit remarkable really... Currently writing the preview for tomorrow

Referee will be Peter Bankes - Has taken charge of one other Charlton game this season: Charlton v Swansea!!

As a reminder this is the bloke that Bowyer questioned about being mates with Steve Cooper!!
    Saw that mate. Not often you have the same referee for reverse fixture. Was this the one he got a ban after for the comments he made about him??