Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Life Museum Cabinet Appeal - Can you help?

Thanks to @AFKABartram and the rest of the CL team for letting the museum do this.

As we slowly but steadily upgrade the museum one of the things we've badly needed were proper museum quality cabinets that locked and had internal lighting and adjustable shelving.

These don't come cheap but two Charlton fans (both lifers as it happens but I'll let them ID themselves, if they want to) stepped forward to sponsor a cabinet and have a name plaque remembering their families in the cabinets.

It would be great to have a similar Charlton Life cabinet in the museum.  @charltonnick sourced some great cabinets which with delivery and VAT the cabinets cost just under £1,000.

Charlton Life already raised £550 for the museum via the trip to the Somme so another £450 would pay for a Charlton Life cabinet to house valuable Charlton objects.

£1,450 would be enough for two.

So if you can help, that would be fantastic

You can make any size donation into our bank account via

NatWest
Charlton Athletic Museum
Sort Code 60 16 03
Acct no 7377 2593

or via PayPal to

CAFCHistorian@gmail.com

If neither works for you please inbox us

If there are any individuals, companies or supporters' groups reading this who'd like to get involved and have their own sponsored cabinet then we're all ears.

This is what the two new cabinets already purchased look like empty and in use.  You can see in the second photo what a step up they are from the much smaller, and non-lockable, display shelves (left of photo) we've been using.

Thanks in advance, everyone.

Comments

• Thanks guys
  • @HantsAddick

Your donation came through.

Under £400 now to hit the target for one cabinet.
  • Another donation via Paypal brings the fund up to £680.

£320 away from the first Charlton Life cabinet.
  • Thanks CB

£310 to go
  • Donated. Good luck.
  • Donated. Good luck.
    Thanks, very generous.

Thanks also to NP who also donated overnight.

Another £70 donated overnight so £240 away from the first cabinet.
  • Wow, £1000 that's quality whoever did that!! Hats off to you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Donated. Good luck.
    Thanks, very generous.

Henry - don't want to divert your thread, but do the museum take donations of programmes? I presume you have quite a back catalogue but don't know if extras provide a potential source of extra revenue?I am getting ready for a house move and when clearing out the loft yesterday I found I still had a stash of 200 odd programmes from the 10 seasons 1997/98 - 2006/07, so certainly not ancient history. Mainly home programmes but a few aways and a couple of old editions of VOTV.
  • Donated. Good luck.
    Thanks, very generous.

Henry - don't want to divert your thread, but do the museum take donations of programmes? I presume you have quite a back catalogue but don't know if extras provide a potential source of extra revenue?I am getting ready for a house move and when clearing out the loft yesterday I found I still had a stash of 200 odd programmes from the 10 seasons 1997/98 - 2006/07, so certainly not ancient history. Mainly home programmes but a few aways and a couple of old editions of VOTV.
    We do but we already have those more modern home programmes and they have no re-sale value.

Very early VOTV (1 - 10) have some value.

The aways could be of interest as would any minor cups/friendlies.

We just don't have the storage for the programmes we have now and haven't yet sorted through but thanks.
  • Donated. Good luck.
    Thanks, very generous.

We do but we already have those more modern home programmes and they have no re-sale value.

Very early VOTV (1 - 10) have some value.

The aways could be of interest as would any minor cups/friendlies.

We just don't have the storage for the programmes we have now and haven't yet sorted through but thanks.
    Understand. When I get a chance I will Inbox you and CharltonNick with a list of the away programmes, just in case they are of any interest.
  • lovely, thanks.
  • Will check the bank account overnight to see if there have been anymore donations.
  • Lifers never fail to surprise and delight.

Just had a £1,000 donation from one lifer for the second cabinet.

Wow

Just wow.

£240 to get that Charlton Life cabinet.
    I knew @elfsborgaddick would come good
  • clb74 said:
    Lifers never fail to surprise and delight.

Just had a £1,000 donation from one lifer for the second cabinet.

Wow

Just wow.

£240 to get that Charlton Life cabinet.
    I knew @elfsborgaddick would come good
    Generous is my middle name.
  • Looking forward to seeing your donation @ElfsborgAddick
    Halleys comet is due in2061
    @clb74 give the man a blue one tomorrow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Another £50 overnight, for which many thanks, so just £190 to go.

• Small donation, but lots of little will get you there. 
  • Thanks,

No donation too small, it all helps.
  • Should it be called Cabinety McCabinetface?
  • CAFC museum cabinet more secure than Boris Johnson's, well done all. 
  • Was about to say thanks to more yet very generous donations, including one from a certain Eltham drinking establishment we have another £60 so only £120 to go.

But scrub that.  One very kind lifer just sent £200 (plus gift aid as we're a registered charity) via their CFA account so you've done it.

CL cabinet paid for

@AFKABartram and @LoOkOuT What do you want to plaque to say?

Thanks from all trustees and volunteers.

“Back to Ignore Mode”

Been snowed under this week, brilliant effort from those who have generously donated
  • Plaque ordered.
  • Henry,
    Congrats on securing the funding for the cabinets. Did you see that I Inboxed you and CharltonNick with a list of those away programmes I had in case of any use to the museum?