Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Swansea new years eve.

With the choice of 4 hrs on the train to include an hour on a bus or 14hrs on the coach are many planning on going down the night before.
Add on the time of the game could possibly change

Comments

• Options
    Is this a 3 o’clock KO?
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Swansea for New Year's. Nice. 
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Is this a 3 o’clock KO?
    At the moment
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    With the choice of 4 hrs on the train to include an hour on a bus or 14hrs on the coach are many planning on going down the night before.
    Had a hotel booked near the ground and we were gonna spend a few days in Wales for new years, unfortunatly had to cancel as I get travel sick on coachs so can only travel by train and train was more expensive than hotel
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Had a hotel booked near the ground and we were gonna spend a few days in Wales for new years, unfortunatly had to cancel as I get travel sick on coachs so can only travel by train and train was more expensive than hotel
    Cant get away with it this year.
    Id of done derby then drove down to swansea staying a couple of nights in hereford but the wifes got no holiday left.
  • Options
    For those not familiar with the area, Swansea sits at the top of the Gower Peninsula. Probably not a place for hardcore partying but the Gower has some of the best coastline in the UK. Great spot for a weekend away and I’m sure there’s a decent night out to be had in Swansea if you try hard enough. 
  • Options
    Swansea will be heaving, avoid like the plague.
  • Options
    For those not familiar with the area, Swansea sits at the top of the Gower Peninsula. Probably not a place for hardcore partying but the Gower has some of the best coastline in the UK. Great spot for a weekend away and I’m sure there’s a decent night out to be had in Swansea if you try hard enough. 
    Cheers exiled im not into partying and even on new years eve like to be in bed by 1am
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Cheers exiled im not into partying and even on new years eve like to be in bed by 1am
    You surprise me.
  • Options
    Will be staying in The Mumbles if I manage to get my arse in gear.

Last time we had Nigella Mansell as our cab driver to the ground. Even shit me up she was going so fast - and that takes some doing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addickted said:
    Will be staying in The Mumbles if I manage to get my arse in gear.

Last time we had Nigella Mansell as our cab driver to the ground. Even shit me up she was going so fast - and that takes some doing.
    PM @clb74 as this place will suit him nicely.
  • Options
    Couple of us out on Bristol NYE then just jump on the railway replacement bus from there. Haven't started looking at hotels yet but can imagine it's going to sting.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    Id of done derby then drove down to swansea staying a couple of nights in hereford but the wifes got no holiday left.
    Sounds like good news-:smile:
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    Sounds like good news-:smile:
    Not for his beloved.
  • Options
    Never fancied Swansea for NYE! I'll be in Edinburgh.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    I could stay in Edinburgh Bob but that would leave me with an 8 hour drive to Swansea 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Really, you don't fancy a trip back to the 70'S ?
  • Options
    Interesting......

• Options
    Wouldn't recommend this. They absolutely hate the English. Was there with my son around 2013 when looking at potential universities. It was the week before the grand slam decider in Cardiff. Potential powder keg. 
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    clb74 said:
    Paulie, call yourself a Charlton fan?

You're not pwopa Charlton. Any real Addick would know there are other ways to get by train from London to Swansea.

It's easy ...... Euston to Shrewsbury (some services need a change at Birmingham New Street.
    Then change at Shrewsbury for direct train to Swansea.

Can't believe you couldn't work this out. I dunno, Millennials.
    *shakes head in despair*

:smile: