Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Congratulations Airman!

edited October 2019 in Not Sports Related
Just become leader of Thanet District Council following a vote of no confidence in the incumbent Conservative leader and his administration.........well whadda you know.

Comments

• Options
    So he's ousted one bloke, just needs to oust the Belgian one.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    It’s not what you know, it’s who you know. ;)
  • Options
    Where is the first Gulag to be sited comrade?
  • Options

Clicked on this CL congratulatory thread wondering engaged or new baby.
  • Options
    One of his first jobs should be to sort out the bogs at Minnis Bay .. disgusting
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I forgot to say ..... Congratulations Airman!

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Can he put pressure on labour MP’s to deliver Brexit like his region voted for ! 
    Aaaaaaagh! He said the Brexshit word.

This is a football forum, donchya know?  :neutral:

• Options
    I was just being mischievous 
  • Options
    Well done Ricardo.... 
  • Options
    Home rule for Thanet!

well done AB more power to your elbow
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    One of his first jobs should be to sort out the bogs at Minnis Bay .. disgusting
    Ha, I actually raised the disgusting state of Botany Bay toilets with him last year.

”you’ll be delighted to be informed that in my lifetime of non league, Sunday football and general public toilet loitering, the public toilets at Botany Bay are without doubt the most disgusting thing I have ever seen in my life!! 🙈“

I got directed to the Tories / UKIP...

First objectives councillor.... :-)
  • Options
    I will be making spot-checks on said public toilets during my half-term break in the People's Republic of Thanet. I shall report back. In the meantime, "ooh, Rick Ev-ritt, ooh Rick Ev-ritt." Good luck in running a minority Council Rick.
  • Options
    Can Thanet Council now buy the club ? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Congratulations Rick. 
  • Options
    Any pot holes in car parks that need attention 

Congrats 
  • Options
    Congrats Airman,

In the early eighties my parents took me to Broadstairs and to Manston Airport as I had a big interest in aviation then.

At that time I remember old cargo Bristol Britannias and outside, the remnants of rotting RAF light aircraft (herons, they may have been called).

On my last trip to Broadstairs about 10 years ago, we drove past and a 747 was taking off. 

See Charlton fans aren’t all trainspotters!

Anyway, my question is, what does the future hold for it?

After tracking a few times a year, I see a report that it may reopen at some point. Though from what I’ve read over the years, sticking houses on it seems a more likely option?

• Options
    Congratulations Rick.

I come into contact with elected Members through work, and even up in these parts, we are now seeing younger, committed people taking on what can be a thankless task for scant  reward, people with real world experience who want to do good and make places better. Unfortunately no Labour councillors where I am though!
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Looks like your first task Rick is gonna be to resolve Pissgate. B)
  • Options
    Used to be widely regarded as one of the most crooked, inept and corrupt local authorities in England so good news for Thanet.  Congrats and good luck. 
  • Options
    Apologies to MrOneLung and thanks to AFKA/ moderators. I was pissed.....