Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mobile phone question.

My son has upgraded his mobile phone and now has a spare iPhone I,which I was going to use. The thing is that I currently have a very basic mobile , not a smart phone , with the old type SIM card in it. Now a don't really want to change my mobile number so , is it possible to get a new type SIM made up to fit the iPhone still using the same number or can the old SIM be modified in any way. Also if it can't , if a buy a new iPhone is it possible to keep the same number , even though I have an old type SIM card? Thanks for any suggestions.

Comments

• If you phone your current provider they should send you a new sim free of charge. 
  • Talal said:
    If you phone your current provider they should send you a new sim free of charge. 
    Cheers @Talal , do you know if this still applies on pay as you go ? Thanks.
  • Yes should be fine. 
  • Talal said:
    Yes should be fine. 
    Thanks for the info , much appreciated.
  • edited October 2019
    Take your SIM card to most local Mobile Phone stalls that sell cases etc. They will cut your sim card to either Micro or Nano depending on the size you need. Think it cost me a couple of quid.