Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How long has Ole Gunnar Solskjaer got ?

Comments

• Options
    Pogba needs developing, but a combination of his ego and United's lack of direction means he'll never reach his potential unless something changes. Physically he's incredible, he can get box to box with next to no effort and he has the passing range and vision to open up a defence with a searching ball to a player in a tiny bit of space. He can play a cross-field 60 yard ball onto the toe of an attacker and start moves from his own half effortlessly. Beyond that though he has next to no idea how to manage himself in a game, how to play for the team or where he should be in phases of play meaning that he rarely influences games as much as he should. With Utd playing a different style every manager and Pogba more interested in amusing himself on the pitch than running a game he's never going to get to a point where he becomes the player he could. It's sad in a way, but also he earns millions of quid a month and seems well suited to the lifestyle of a young man with more money than he knows what to do with so good for him.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I agree about Pogba - put him next to players that fill in for his negatives and you get all the positives though. 
  • Options
    Speculation that he’s gone if they lose badly against Liverpool.
  • Options

Pogba is lackadaisical and gives the ball away too much, the latter is to do (I think) with the speed of the Premier League and how quickly players get closed down.

Great athlete and has all the attributes but in the position he plays, he need to concentrate/focus for 90+ minutes, not just whenever it suits him.

• Options
    Speculation that he’s gone if they lose badly against Liverpool.
    Which they will. 

Suppose it gives Woodward a chance to line up a replacement/interim. 
  • Options
    Football being a funny old game I can see man u winning
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Agreed. Liverpool are not playing that great despite the points - Man U could win.
  • Options
    I hope man ure  do win .
    Not because I like them or feel sorry for them.
    But I can't stand the thought of the bin dippers winning the premier league. 
  • Options
    Was it Tangoman who said basically him starting well was a disaster for United as they had to give it to him permanently and yet he'd probably be rubbish? 

Not far off.... 
  • Options
    Surely they'll go for Poch at the end of the season.

Unless Poch is happy enough to walk away from his £12m severance package from Spurs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The loss last night was one thing, what should
    have got people really concerned, was how bad they were at Anfield on Sunday, where they were abject, and Liverpool could have been six up in the first half. Yes they rallied for 20 minutes, but it was one of the worst United performance in years. 
  • Options
    United are unique (meaning weird).

Moyes is being paid more by Man U than West Ham.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Fascinating to watch a Manchester United side bereft of confidence, looking like they just want to take the shirt off, walk off the pitch and go home.

The transfer policy has been so bad for so many years now, where do you start? It would take 2-3 seasons to get them a squad worthy of challenging for the title again.

They've gone from a midfield of: Giggs Keane Scholes Beckham

To: Fred Matic Pereira & Mata! (Only the last of whom is probably worthy of a subs bench place in a Utd side).

And that's just one area of the pitch.

I wonder what happened to the scouting network there? The same one that picked out Solskjaer himself for practically nothing, but has since overseen players arriving for monumental transfers fees, and playing like turnips.
  • Options
    Admittedly he's not the best manager, but for me the issues at United are higher up. Who is in charge of recruitment? The Glazers entrust Ed Woodward, a non-footballing man, to make extremely important footballing decisions and that's the problem. Leave him to do what he's good at (getting very good sponsorship deals) and employ a director of football to put a plan in place and work with the manager on signings. 

How on earth have a club of United's stature and wealth ended up with a midfield containing the likes of Fred, Pereira and McTominay?!

United can keep changing managers, and yes Poch will almost certainly do better than Solksjaer, but overall until they sort things out off the pitch, the problems will still be there. And the longer they leave it, the further and further they will drift from City and Liverpool.
    McTominay is class, but they should never miss him as much as they do. 

I don't think they will ever slip so far behind that they can't get back.  They half a good team.  With right focus they could sort it out in 3 transfer windows.  They might not catch the other 2, arguably the best 2 teams in premier league history, but they certainly won't be finishing 40 odd points behind. 

Will they buy the right players in the next 3 windows?  Probably not, so it's a mute point. 

• Options
     Man U with only one decent striker. Who would have thought that possible?

There seems to be no cohesive plan as to what they are trying to achieve, what formation and style they are looking for. They need a Director of football in now to start the process. If they don’t, big Sam maybe a good choice.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Redrobo said:
     Man U with only one decent striker. Who would have thought that possible?

There seems to be no cohesive plan as to what they are trying to achieve, what formation and style they are looking for. They need a Director of football in now to start the process. If they don’t, big Sam maybe a good choice.
    Well they can feck off if they want to take Steve Gallen!!

Agree completely though with Chris_From_Sidcup's post above; Woodward is literary another Katrien Meire - Okay at doing the fancy unimportant shit but seriously leave the Footballing side (especially Transfers) to people who actually know what they're doing
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Admittedly he's not the best manager, but for me the issues at United are higher up. Who is in charge of recruitment? The Glazers entrust Ed Woodward, a non-footballing man, to make extremely important footballing decisions and that's the problem. Leave him to do what he's good at (getting very good sponsorship deals) and employ a director of football to put a plan in place and work with the manager on signings. 

How on earth have a club of United's stature and wealth ended up with a midfield containing the likes of Fred, Pereira and McTominay?!

United can keep changing managers, and yes Poch will almost certainly do better than Solksjaer, but overall until they sort things out off the pitch, the problems will still be there. And the longer they leave it, the further and further they will drift from City and Liverpool.

I don't think they will ever slip so far behind that they can't get back.  They half a good team.  With right focus they could sort it out in 3 transfer windows.  They might not catch the other 2, arguably the best 2 teams in premier league history, but they certainly won't be finishing 40 odd points behind. 

Will they buy the right players in the next 3 windows?  Probably not, so it's a mute point. 

He tries hard but he's not top class like you'd expect of a United player.

He wouldn't get near the City or Liverpool first XI.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

You need Darren Fletcher types.  City don't have anyone comparable but he is potentially better than Henderson.  I would say he is the least of thier problems. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

You need Darren Fletcher types.  City don't have anyone comparable but he is potentially better than Henderson.  I would say he is the least of thier problems. 
    Thats the role Fernandinho and Rodri play isnt it?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Thats the role Fernandinho and Rodri play isnt it?
    Similar role, but I wouldn't compare them as players. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Liverpool have a midfield of Henderson Milner and Wijnaldum
  • Options
    I think theyll wait until the summer to get rid.

United are awful but as others have said, the club needs to rebuild from the top.  The sooner they get rid of Woodward & appoint a proper chief executive/director football, the sooner they can move forward.  Nothing will change all the time he's pulling the strings 
  • Options
    Let’s face it. If Klopp and Solskjaer swapped places right now, then Man Utd would be doing better and Liverpool worse. Solskjaer might be a United legend but I doubt that cuts too much mustard with the raft of foreign stars and players that they want to sign. If OGS isn’t replaced in the summer I will be very surprised.
  • Options
    Let’s face it. If Klopp and Solskjaer swapped places right now, then Man Utd would be doing better and Liverpool worse. Solskjaer might be a United legend but I doubt that cuts too much mustard with the raft of foreign stars and players that they want to sign. If OGS isn’t replaced in the summer I will be very surprised.
    Your probably right but I don't think it would be anything like a 30 point swing, that doesn't include Liverpool 2 games in hand. 
  • Options
    Appointing Ole could have been a PR stroke, they are getting rid of a ton of deadwood and reducing the wage bill. He has  a bit more leeway with the fans due to be a legend there. He gets sacked in the summer or next summer, a new, elite manager (poch maybe) can come in and rebuild properly
  • Options
    Appointing Ole could have been a PR stroke, they are getting rid of a ton of deadwood and reducing the wage bill. He has  a bit more leeway with the fans due to be a legend there. He gets sacked in the summer or next summer, a new, elite manager (poch maybe) can come in and rebuild properly
    Not sure that’s how one of the worlds biggest clubs operate. Man Utd really can’t afford to not qualify for Champions League football. Ok, they get away with it for a year or even two but getting back into the mix must be their priority. I doubt they give two hics for PR in getting rid of a few players. Trust me, questions are being asked at the highest level as to why Utd are 30 points adrift with little chance of Champions League qualification.
  • Options
    as I wrote on another post, he is well put of his depth and was a ridiculous appointment in the first place .. problem is, who can replace him .. despite the club's stature, a t m the managers chalice is a poisoned one
  • Options
    Not sure if any decent managers would want the job. Ole is on borrowed time.