Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ginger Baker RIP

2»

Comments

• Dotun Adebayo interview with Ginger from 2014. At his acerbic best. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m00093t9  (From 3 hours 43 minutes 25 seconds)

R.I.P.
  • A legend,Cream where a law unto themselves,Ginger was a great drummer,seen many of his clips playing for Jazz bands etc.even into his later years.RIP another one of his generation of great musicians has left us.
  • Can't say I warmed to him as an individual but somewhat unique as a drummer. Just Clapton left now from probably one of the most accomplished rock threesome (with the possible exception of the Jimi Hendrx Experience) of all time.

RIP
    I would respectfully say that Cream were a better band than the Jimi Hendrix Experience, as all three in Cream were absolute top class musicians (hence the name of the band), but music is art and not a competition, so let's not argue about that.

It seems strange to say rest in peace when talking about Mr Baker, but anyway, RIP.
  • edited October 2019
    Saga Lout said:
    Can't say I warmed to him as an individual but somewhat unique as a drummer. Just Clapton left now from probably one of the most accomplished rock threesome (with the possible exception of the Jimi Hendrx Experience) of all time.

RIP
    I would respectfully say that Cream were a better band than the Jimi Hendrix Experience, as all three in Cream were absolute top class musicians (hence the name of the band), but music is art and not a competition, so let's not argue about that.

It seems strange to say rest in peace when talking about Mr Baker, but anyway, RIP.
    Agree mate!
    Take a listen to Stormy Monday from their reunion gig in 05 .
    Yes Clapton’s vocal and playing are exceptional but listen to what baker is playing!
    Outstanding, Hendrix and his lot would have never got close to this....
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r8S7Nn6si0E