Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Keith Stroud

13»

Comments

• Didn't think I's ever say this, but Keith Stroud is not the worst referee going.......

Just seen on BBC Sport website a ref sending off a player for not "exiting the pitch in accordance to the laws".

Glentoran player was being subbed & he was 2/3rd's to one side of the pitch. Saw that he was being subbed & naturally went off towards the subs bench as has been the norm for, well, forever. He trotted over to the bench......yes, he actually trotted. He didn't saunter, or shake hands with team mates, or hand the armband over to someone, he actually trotted off. Referee then gave him a yellow card & that being his 2nd he promptly gave him a red. Apart from the fact he took less time than most players ever do to leave the field (go on, watch it) what is the point of a yellow card in that instance ??

Refs really do think its all about them & not the game.

The lunatics run the asylum and common sense goes out of the window.

• When the f**k is this bloke going to retire... Feels like he's been around forever!!

In charge of Watford v Middlesbrough tonight
  • edited September 2020
    Oggy Red said:

Didn't think I's ever say this, but Keith Stroud is not the worst referee going.......

Just seen on BBC Sport website a ref sending off a player for not "exiting the pitch in accordance to the laws".

Glentoran player was being subbed & he was 2/3rd's to one side of the pitch. Saw that he was being subbed & naturally went off towards the subs bench as has been the norm for, well, forever. He trotted over to the bench......yes, he actually trotted. He didn't saunter, or shake hands with team mates, or hand the armband over to someone, he actually trotted off. Referee then gave him a yellow card & that being his 2nd he promptly gave him a red. Apart from the fact he took less time than most players ever do to leave the field (go on, watch it) what is the point of a yellow card in that instance ??

Refs really do think its all about them & not the game.

The lunatics run the asylum and common sense goes out of the window.

Talking about the EFL "@OggyRed" ?
    😊

• When the f**k is this bloke going to retire... Feels like he's been around forever!!

Got me worried there. Thought he was officiating our game 😅
  • Taxi_Lad said:
    When the f**k is this bloke going to retire... Feels like he's been around forever!!

Dont worry we're in League One now... We'll have someone just as bad, EVERY game!!
  • Taxi_Lad said:
    When the f**k is this bloke going to retire... Feels like he's been around forever!!

Dont worry we're in League One now... We'll have someone just as bad, EVERY game playing for us.

• Remarkable penalty awarded for Norwich against Coventry yesterday (first match on Quest).
  • Remarkable penalty awarded for Norwich against Coventry yesterday (first match on Quest).
    Great advantage for the coventry goal tho. Probably the best I’ve seen in a few years. 
    Great advantage for the coventry goal tho. Probably the best I’ve seen in a few years. 
    I assumed he didn't know what he was doing and that was a serendipitous outcome. ;)