Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fulham v Charlton - Saturday 5th October 2019 - Post-Match Thread

Comments

• ross1 said:

And we all love you Lee
  • edited October 2019
    It is a shame that after a brilliant game today, we have slipped down to 10th, at the moment, but only 4 points off top
  • We are within range after playing possibly the three best teams in the league (Maybe West Brom can argure with that) in three consecutive games.
  • ross1 said:
    It is a shame that after a brilliant game today, we have slipped down to 10th, at the moment
    Very close in the top ten. Bearing in mind the three teams we played in the last week, we are looking good. 
  • Sponsored links:

• We are within range after playing possibly the three best teams in the league (Maybe West Brom can argure with that) in three consecutive games.
    We are within range after playing possibly the three best teams in the league (Maybe West Brom can argure with that) in three consecutive games.

Leeds behind at Millwall,  and down to ten men .. WHAT a performance at Fulham .. especially after the disappointment against Swansea .. Bowyer has developed a team full of guts, bottle and no little skill .. this could be the start of something as big as was achieved under Lord Llewellyn Curbs
  • ross1 said:
    You’ve come a long way, @Dillon_Phillips! #cafc

he hasn't changed a bit
  • Don't tell Lyle Taylor, but Granty's scored for Hudders.

Is that 5 or 6 now for Karlan?

• Oggy Red said:
    Don't tell Lyle Taylor, but Granty's scored for Hudders.

Is that 5 or 6 now for Karlan?

6?
  • Just now 90th minute goal for Stoke.

Swansea 1 Stoke 2.

This Championship .... you can't make it up.

• ross1 said:
    You’ve come a long way, @Dillon_Phillips! #cafc

he hasn't changed a bit
    Dillon didn't have a beard in the top photo.

• Croydon said:
    Great point and what a week to be a Charlton fan.

Special mention to the Fulham fans for their silence. They won a corner in the first half and they responded with the sort of applause you'd see at the ballet. 

Thats because they spend their Saturday evenings watching frigging ballet :/
  • Sponsored links:

• Bow says that "Leeds are the best side in the division".

But they've lost the same amount of games as we have.

• What a performance that is 
    unreal how do we keep doing it 
    Pearce is a beast , love him 
    Bonne was exceptional in the air today , fairplay 
    love all of them 
    beyond my wildest dreams 

one sad note today,  the gap to the scum is down to 4 points , I wonder what game they’ll chose to go above us 

• one sad note today,  the gap to the scum is down to 4 points , I wonder what game they’ll chose to go above us 
    Eff off, OohAah, you miserabilist ....... don't spoil our weekend! :smile:

• edited October 2019
    Strong result. Better side first half and deservedly led. Faded a bit as the rigours of a demanding week took its toll on our legs. Warriors the lot of them though and we know this side loves having their backs against the wall.

An incredibly tough week. Think we’ve definitely played the 3 best teams in the division. To get 4 points when a number of key players were only fit enough to be partially involved, if at all, is brilliant.

• PWRY We were the better team early on and well deserved to be in the lead. Lost our impetus when Williams went off. Clinging on in the end - Phillips kept us in it. Deserved but disappointing draw.
  • Blucher said:

What a magnificent point and a great atmosphere from our supporters, who thoroughly out sung the assembled fund managers. We oiled the vocal cords watching the rugby at our local, the Sussex Arms in Twickenham and had time for a quick one near Putney station. 

An excellent first half from our lads and a thoroughly deserved half time lead. Bowyer’s tactical plan was spot on and, as well as stifling Fulham’s attacking efforts, we looked very dangerous and threatened throughout. A great cross from JFC, a cushioned header from Chris Solly and a lovely finish from Connor. As with Leeds last Saturday, our much vaunted opponents felt compelled to introduce two substitutes for the second half - what a tribute to Lee’s tactical acumen and the team’s application.

The second half was a different story, as Cairney started to control the midfield and Fulham’s expensive wingers hugged the respective touchlines, apparently on instructions to run the chalk lines. We responded superbly to going behind and, whilst I initially thought it was a Mitrovic own goal (how sweet would that be ?), I am reliably informed that it was a lovely header from Macauley. Well deserved for a very good performance, with good movement, pace and some decent headers against their two big centre halves.

It was then largely backs to the wall stuff, save for Leko’s deflected effort, and I thought that the side showed tremendous grit and determination to hold onto the point after Mitrovic’s equaliser. Naby struggled a little out of position against Cavaleiro, a winger for whom Fulham have reportedly an option to buy for £14million. I believe they have paid a £4million loan fee for Knockaert, with an option to buy. Plus, of course, £26million for Mitrovic etc., etc

A couple of magnificent saves from Dillon, especially the last one - and not forgetting his great stop just before Mitrovic equalised. A goalkeeping performance to rank with the best in recent years.

Elsewhere, Pearce - our Alpha Beast -  Lockyer (what a signing - a cross-breed of Peter Reeves and Chris Perry) and Chris Solly were excellent, while Pratters broke up play repeatedly. Our midfield performed extremely well and Jonny Williams gave them no end of trouble in the first half. Up front, Bonne worked hard and ran intelligently. 

Enjoying a few cleansing ales in Barnes en route home. Talking to a few Fulham supporters in the pub and they are undecided about Scot Parker as manager. He has a tough gig there with a bunch of highly-strung, overpaid prima donnas, plus the big expectations of the moustachioed devil, Shahid Khan. The contrast with our players could hardly be greater - what a great bunch they are - and led by a great manager.

Fingers crossed for an injury free international break. 18 points thus far is a superb return.

Great report 
  • Stig said:
    PWRY We were the better team early on and well deserved to be in the lead. Lost our impetus when Williams went off. Clinging on in the end - Phillips kept us in it. Deserved but disappointing draw.
    Williams certainly caused them a lot of problems 
  • We definitely missed him but he was knackered and had to come off.  
  • Fulham are a really good side who gave us no time or space but our lot don't half know how to battle

first half we played some great stuff and deserved to be ahead, second half was yet another immense backs to the walls performance, we won't lose many games when we can withstand onslaughts like that

Everyone put in a shift but the standout was Dillon who was incredible out there today

The mixed concourse and pretty much unsegregated stand was a little odd but then why would you need segregation in a library, their support is quite embarrassing while ours was incredible once again

I feel kinda bad for this but at half time when they brought the blind football team out to take penalties was I the only one thinking 'I wonder whether they've told them that the goalie is a man in a giant badger suit' ?