Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fulham v Charlton - Saturday 5th October 2019 - Post-Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Great game and fantastic performance, the second time in four days we have gone toe to toe with a team expecting to be in the top two.
    3rd time in 8 days.
  • Options
    If you look at the money they've splashed on players compared to us. A brilliant result that. Could have won it as well. Well done Bowyer and the boys.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    aliwibble said:
    Laughing at Bow's interview on Sky now complaining that no-one fouled Cavaliero in the build up to the goal, because we're too innocent.
    Did think at the time Sarr should've fouled him and not run across with his arms in the air. 
    Stroud would probably have sent Sarr off if he’d fouled him so probably the right decision by Naby.
    Yellow.
  • Options
    Rob said:
    If you look at the money they've splashed on players compared to us. A brilliant result that. Could have won it as well. Well done Bowyer and the boys.
    £150 million?
  • Options
    Brilliant performance. First half we showed our footballing ability is as good as anyone in this league and second half showed no one can match us for character. Great point, made even better with Stroud as ref
  • Options
    Think we’re up in the top clubs in this league. 

Bowyer is is a magnificent manager. 

The team are amazing and love playing with each other and for Bows. 

Fulham fans are shit. 
  • Options
    Hugely pleased with this after wenesday. I honestly thought we might get something, we have a huge spirit at the club. When you look at the relative budgets, Parker is right to be looking down after the game. Bowyer just did a number on him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Proudest i’ve felt in a long time to be a Charlton. Lee Lee Lee Bowyer!
  • Options
    We’ve crossed a massive hurdle. We have all lived in fear of what teams like Fulham and Leeds could do to us in this division. That fear was demonstrated by the score predictions earlier this week. Well, Fulham and Leeds.
    P2 W1 D1 L0 F3 Ag 2..........Pts 4........we have nothing to fear. With some support in January we could be top 6-10 come April and ready for a push to another Wembley appearance. 
  • Options
    And more to the point, even if it was only a yellow, with Stroud there's a good chance he'd have found any excuse to follow up with a second not long after.
  • Options
    Funny how Bowyer has become the darling of football. His own swashbuckling spirit is embodied in every player that steps into the pitch. What a leader to have in the dressing room.

Roland....stop mucking about and get those golden handcuffs made in any size Bowyer wants. 
  • Options
    Another great shift put in by all players.It wasn't a surprise that JFC faded in the second half as this was his first start in ages - a surprise to most of us as well. He had a good first half but it was no surprise when Cavaliero switched sides and he looked a different player up against a fading JFC. Williams was excellent for an hour but will he ever have 90 minute in him? I hope so as Leko was the one player who was, well, anonymous when he came on. And what can I say about Dillon?

Most importantly the match showed what we can do and was a great advertisement for The Championship. I wish we weren't on TV three times next month though as my Sky feed isn't the best.

The good news is I'll be at the Derby game!
  • Options
    If RD had any sense, he would be extending Bows contract right now.

Also, the Sky commentator reckons a new buyer for the club has come forward, and Roland is looking for £50m.
    Bowyer must be thinking what he could do if he had some money. With all that Parker had at his disposal compared to us Fulham should have strolled that. But no. It shows how good Bowyer is. He loves Charlton but he'll walk the end of the season unless there is money available, either from RD or new owners.
  • Options
    Uboat said:
     <3 

I missed this, did anyone record it so can post up please?
    http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1003358309?-11197:833
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2019
    For those who did not see it, here is a few minutes

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1003356738?-11197:833
  • Options
    I hope Bowyer (and, ideally, the club in an official capacity) keeps pointing out the folly of the schedulers in giving Fulham an extra day rest.
    You only have to look at how all our players were blowing out their arses for the last 15 minutes and Fulham’s resulting dominance as supporting evidence. 
  • Options
    Well, I enjoyed that. I cannot praise the team enough, oh dear, I sound like LB. A shame we did not win, but after their second half domination, I am happy with 2-2. It was good listening to our fans, loud and clear, only heard Fulham fans after their second goal
  • Options
    Sarr should have wiped him out. Especially as it was outside the area and he wasnt the last man. He doesn't convince me still. 
  • Options
    Superb game! Noise from the Charlton fans was constant all through. They only got excited about their goals. 
    Phillips certainly proved his mettle and silences his critics - and the rest of the lads put in a proper shift. Undoubtedly tired, they pushed on regardless and against a side which on paper is the best in the league performed really well. 

As many on here have said, taking 4 points from 9 this week when considering the opposition is a brilliant result. 

In Bow we Trust!  
  • Options
    I love this Charlton team.... and our fans are the best in the division at the moment... for certain... Brilliant battling perfromance... Pearce was immense, an d a couple of world class saves from Dillon...
  • Options
    Phew, very happy with that in the end. Mitrovic is a player I'd love for us to have
    We are short of a whinger.
  • Options
    If RD had any sense, he would be extending Bows contract right now.

Also, the Sky commentator reckons a new buyer for the club has come forward, and Roland is looking for £50m.
    £50m. F*****g lunatic.