Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fulham v Charlton - Saturday 5th October 2019 - Post-Match Thread

15678911»

Comments

• edited October 2019
    Expected a defeat but disappointed we only got a point in the end. 

• Fulham fans very strange - lots of drinking and chatting on the concourse while the game was going on. 

I've never understood this. The same thing applied to some Charlton fans, is the half time pint with your mates that important that you go to half time 5 or even 10  minutes early and come back several minutes late? A group around me missed our first goal for example, and I'm sure some people weren't back to see Fulham's equaliser

Several minutes late ?!!. Last week v Leeds 3 blokes all trooped in TEN mins after the start of the 2nd half. East stand btw.

• Fulham fans very strange - lots of drinking and chatting on the concourse while the game was going on. 

I've never understood this. The same thing applied to some Charlton fans, is the half time pint with your mates that important that you go to half time 5 or even 10  minutes early and come back several minutes late? A group around me missed our first goal for example, and I'm sure some people weren't back to see Fulham's equaliser

Several minutes late ?!!. Last week v Leeds 3 blokes all trooped in TEN mins after the start of the 2nd half. East stand btw.
    East stand hooligans. 
    I avoid them by sitting in the North stand  (cupboard end).
  • Southbank said:
    ross1 said:
    That goal is a perfect passage from five different individuals. Could have taken it straight off of the training ground.

-Bonne wins his header against their CB. He knows where the runner is and finds him.
    -Gallagher is positioned and ready for the flick on. He lays it off out wide and makes a run into the box.
    -The advancing wing back in JFC pings the ball on a sixpence to the back post.
    -Don’t miss the overlapping run from Williams that forces the Fulham full back to drop instead of pressuring the cross.
    -Solly knows where the ball is going and is already there. He intelligently cushions it into a dangerous area.
    - Gallagher has made the perfect run and smashes it first time leaving the keeper helpless.

ross1 said:
    That goal is a perfect passage from five different individuals. Could have taken it straight off of the training ground.

-Bonne wins his header against their CB. He knows where the runner is and finds him.
    -Gallagher is positioned and ready for the flick on. He lays it off out wide and makes a run into the box.
    -The advancing wing back in JFC pings the ball on a sixpence to the back post.
    -Don’t miss the overlapping run from Williams that forces the Fulham full back to drop instead of pressuring the cross.
    -Solly knows where the ball is going and is already there. He intelligently cushions it into a dangerous area.
    - Gallagher has made the perfect run and smashes it first time leaving the keeper helpless.

Trainers washed & drying out.....still red soles though. Calmed down (a bit) to post a few thoughts.....

Up there with Pompey away (1-0 win) for atmosphere & enjoyment. Agree with AFKA about the walk through the park too.

JFC played brilliantly seeing as he hasnt had much game time & was out of position. 

Phillips MOTM.....but only just pipping the while defence. 

Fulham the best team we've played this season.....their crossing was so dangerous & imo they will be in the top 2 at the end of the season. 

We wont get relegated but wont also be top 6 (sadly). Just enjoy the ride.
    Don't forget accurate kick out from Phillips to start it off.
    SSSHHHHHHHHHH you are not supposed to say that  :)
  • edited October 2019

“He was doubting himself, so how do you chuck in a lad who is doubting himself?”

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1004175391?-11197:833
  • ross1 said:

“He was doubting himself, so how do you chuck in a lad who is doubting himself?” 

And Williams coming off early in the 2nd half was purely a tactical move in order to play 2 strikers.

Some people have been saying it was because Williams was already tiring, can't last 90 minutes, etc.

• ross1 said:

Definitely agree with keeping Bonne around, it's pointless signing someone raw like him and loaning him out straight away, as what he needs is coaching and being around better players

I've been pleasantly surprised with him actually, not the finished article yet but definitely not out of his depth
  • Really like Bonne!!... Reckon he's going to be an important player once he stops listening to the doubts in his head
  • Oggy Red said:
    ross1 said:

And Williams coming off early in the 2nd half was purely a tactical move in order to play 2 strikers.

Some people have been saying it was because Williams was already tiring, can't last 90 minutes, etc.

Tbf Williams has rarely played a full game for us.
    What would it be, once or twice ?
    Not a criticism, just a fact.
  • Oggy Red said:
    ross1 said:

Tbf Williams has rarely played a full game for us.
    What would it be, once or twice ?
    Not a criticism, just a fact.
    Fair enough. But my point was, despite many people saying Williams was taken off early 2nd half because he was tiring, Bowyer himself said it was tactical and a change of formation - and gave his reasons in the article.