Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cardiff (H) 23/11 and Sheff Wed (H) 30/11 on SKY tele

2»

Comments

• If our games have to be switched for TV, I'd much prefer Friday evening like Birmingham vs Boro tonight
    This 
  • edited October 2019
    You leave them away games alone sky.
  • clb74 said:
    You leave them away games alone sky.
    The Middlesbrough Gazette have reported that our game is likely to be televised.
  • Really dont like tv games,it spoils the atmosphere,away support which contributes greatly to a vibrant valley will probably be diminished.
    I am old fashioned,football will always be 3.00 pm saturday afternoon.The odd game,fine,but 3 on the spin,dont understand this at all.
  • It would be interesting to see how many of you complaining have a Sky subscription?
    Never have, never will. Murdoch. 
  • It would be interesting to see how many of you complaining have a Sky subscription?
     Why is that? What would it tell you? 

Research without an intention is pointless 
  • Pleased they have changed the Chef Wendy game. Friends over from Cyprus who are coming back to stay afterwards and so going out in the evening wont be such a rush. They have persuaded me to go to the game and are buying my ticket so NAPM for Roland from me.
  • Anyone know how much the club/Roland pockets for a live tv game?
     Quick Google says £100k
     Quick Google says £100k
    £300K in the month . No idea whether that leaves us a profit after the gate reduction, especially in the away end
  • Sponsored links:

• Fuck... unbelievable.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    It would be interesting to see how many of you complaining have a Sky subscription?

No research required, the bottom line is if you feed the beast don’t complain when it bites you.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    It would be interesting to see how many of you complaining have a Sky subscription?

What it seems is being said is "fans complaining about the rearranged times are helping to contribute to what you are moaning about".

Perhaps @eaststandmike can confirm.
  • Pleased they have changed the Chef Wendy game. Friends over from Cyprus who are coming back to stay afterwards and so going out in the evening wont be such a rush. They have persuaded me to go to the game and are buying my ticket so NAPM for Roland from me.
    You going has still given the geezer more dough.
  • Dazzler21 said:

No research required, the bottom line is if you feed the beast don’t complain when it bites you.
    A bit like when our owner f**** Bowyer over and 4k new season ticket holders complain when our manager moves elsewhere.
    That is true Elfs but at least it isn’t my money :-))
  • edited October 2019
    Anyone know how much the club/Roland pockets for a live tv game?
     Quick Google says £100k
    £300K in the month . No idea whether that leaves us a profit after the gate reduction, especially in the away end
    Club won’t lost £100,000 in revenue per game - that would be 6-7.000 off the gate, excluding season-ticket holders. But there is an effect.
    That is true Elfs but at least it isn’t my money :-))
    A compromise I suppose.
  • Sorry, but as the only time I get to see Charlton is on Sky, I am pleased, but I do understand those who do not like it. As for atmosphere, I noticed a lot of noise from Charlton fans against Fulham
  • ross1 said:
    Sorry, but as the only time I get to see Charlton is on Sky, I am pleased, but I do understand those who do not like it. As for atmosphere, I noticed a lot of noise from Charlton fans against Fulham
    A local derby is less of an issue, as it's easy for both sets of fans to get there by 12:30 and have a pre match beer or 3 if you want to. Fulham has a restricted capacity anyway, so I doubt their gates will be affected either
  • Sponsored links:

Quick Google says £100k
    Club won’t lost £100,000 in revenue per game - that would be 6-7.000 off the gate, excluding season-ticket holders. But there is an effect.
    I suppose clubs might make more money on food sales for a 12:30 kickoff too? 
     Quick Google says £100k
    Is that for both clubs ? £400k if so when yesterday’s game is added to the mix. Also, what about the red button mid week games ?
     Quick Google says £100k
    Is that for both clubs ? £400k if so when yesterday’s game is added to the mix. Also, what about the red button mid week games ?
    Think it's £100k for the home club and £10k for the away club.