Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A mystery surrounding Lyle Taylor’s injury?

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2019
    DOUCHER said:
    I don't believe that he is really injured. It's sounded a bit odd from the start. My bet is that we have made a deal for him and the buying club have insisted that he mustn't play.

I agree it's either that or he has strained a ligament and due to his contract situation, is not putting himself in any risk whatsoever. It won't be a full rupture or he would have had surgery. I was having treatment on a knee injury at the sports injury clinic where a lot of them go to be scanned and treated in Tottenham Court road last year. Quite interesting to hear some of the stories about players. Great news if he has started on the treadmill because its getting the strength back into his legs that is on the 'critical path' to getting him back on the pitch. The real key is once he is cleared to do the sideways movement stuff. I'd be very surprised if he's fully up to speed by the Millwall game.     
    *Lyle climbs scaffolding with injured leg
  • Options
    Suspect it'll be like the situation with Ricky Holes for the Millwall game a couple years back - where he was coming back after a layoff and wasnt fit to start but did come off the bench after 70 mins (to replace Jay Dasilva who had earlier come off the bench for his senior debut). 
  • Options
    he'll come on in the 89th min at the Den with it at 0-0 and we've just been given a pen....won't matter if he still has the brace on as he just strolls anyway ;)
  • Options
    Sage said:
    I don't believe that he is really injured. It's sounded a bit odd from the start. My bet is that we have made a deal for him and the buying club have insisted that he mustn't play.
    Please tell me you’re having a bit of fun... otherwise this has to be one of the most crazy and ridiculous things I’ve seen for a long time :confused:
    Still think I'm ridiculous Sage? 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Please tell me you’re having a bit of fun... otherwise this has to be one of the most crazy and ridiculous things I’ve seen for a long time :confused:
    I do, well ridiculous comment :smile:
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Don’t think you’re ridiculous. But 100% that comment was, you’ll see. 
  • Options
    It was said on Sky this afternoon that they (the coaching staff) weren't happy with his recovery & were going to 'step it up" this coming week. Or words to that effect. 

So expect to hear hat he has broken down again in training & wont be back before xmas. I dont often agree with @jimmymelrose but........
  • Options
    Longer this goes on the more I fear he'll need an op to correct whatever is wrong. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You really think he's faking an injury?
  • Options
    There is nothing wrong with him. Gradually you will all realise this. I mean seriously, how did he get injured? Didn't he nearly leave in the summer? Didn't he get shit from idiots on Twitter? He's as good as gone already. I bet the money is already in Belgium.
    Pros & cons on your surmising... ..

Pros.
    He came back 'injured' by himself & was spotted at Ebbsfleet International waiting around (for a lift...?) with just his crutches for company. Hardly conducive behaviour for your main striker to get better. Good photo shoot opportunity though.....

He 'climbed' up the scaffolding at Fulham with/without his crutches. Again, not really something an injured player should/would be doing.

Was 'touch & go' for the Preston game but had a set back. That was 3 weeks ago & he is still not ready to even be on the bench. 

It is known that Taylor was mightly pissed off that he didnt leave in August & also that any new contract was not going to be forthcoming anytime soon. LB is known to get rid of players who are out of contract in the summer & would prefer to get some money now rather than none later (ala Dijikstel after the Aribo shenanigans).

Cons.
    Players get injuries anytime/anyplace. And injuries can be tricky things & can take longer to heal than originally thought.

No player or coach would play silly games/invent an injury just to make sure they don't play before they get sold. 

• Options
    I don't believe he's feigning injury.

There is just a very odd feel to all of this. Something doesn't seem right.
  • Options
    There is nothing wrong with him. Gradually you will all realise this. I mean seriously, how did he get injured? Didn't he nearly leave in the summer? Didn't he get shit from idiots on Twitter? He's as good as gone already. I bet the money is already in Belgium.
    A big if, but if he does not play for us again before being sold then you could well be right.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    I think this may have happened with Carl Jenkinson and his transfer to Arsenal.

Once the story broke of Arsenal's interest, Jenkinson hardly played for us again.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Sage said:
    Everybody thinks you’re ridiculous.
  • Options
    I think this quote from Bowyer says more than any Lyle not wanting to play conspiracy theories

https://twitter.com/RichCawleySLP/status/1198257258532093956

LB: "Said to physio, in all my time in the game I've never seen this amount of injuries at the same time. You can't control the three knee injuries. But our problem is the muscle injuries - they are coming back and then breaking down."
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sage said:

Once the story broke of Arsenal's interest, Jenkinson hardly played for us again.
    The one that really pissed me of was Shelvey.  May have actually cost us promotion. 
  • Options
    I don’t think he’s faking the injury, mainly because I don’t believe he would have missed a couple of vital matches for Montserrat last week unless he had to.   
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Sage said:

The one that really pissed me of was Shelvey.  May have actually cost us promotion. 
    Not sure that was the money (or that it was just that). I think Parky was a bit conservative and JonJo was always the type of midfielder who needs players around him on his wavelength. After November or so some of his performances were not so effective and I think Parky bottled it. Certainly agree that he could have helped us get promoted if Parky could have fitted him in effectively. But we were in the 3rd Div.

Jenkinson hardly played for us at all, did he? But RM has always claimed that this was a tactical sale and that the money raised built the SCP champion team. If so, that was exemplary decision-making.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Sage said:

Not sure that was the money (or that it was just that). I think Parky was a bit conservative and JonJo was always the type of midfielder who needs players around him on his wavelength. After November or so some of his performances were not so effective and I think Parky bottled it. Certainly agree that he could have helped us get promoted if Parky could have fitted him in effectively. But we were in the 3rd Div.

Jenkinson hardly played for us at all, did he? But RM has always claimed that this was a tactical sale and that the money raised built the SCP champion team. If so, that was exemplary decision-making.
    If my memory is correct, which it might not be, he was 1st choice, playing every week, then the deal was done and we never saw him again, even on the bench. 
  • Options
    We would just be told there was a set back and he was out until January. What can happen is you get a slight reaction or feel it a bit which is a warning to slow down. I'm sure we will see him soon enough.
  • Options
    @SoundAsa£ after each return is delayed...

• Options
    Sage said:
    And what now @jimmymelrose
  • Options
    Taylor miraculously makes the starting 11 tomorrow.....
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Sage said:
    And what now @jimmymelrose
    Things might be different now. The new owners might make him a better offer, and we'll never know the truth. I might seem a bit crazy to some of you but it does seem fishy to me. Whatever the case, I think the idiots who slagged him off on Twitter have a lot to answer for and I wouldn't blame him if he were looking for a transfer.