Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Neil Harris has resigned

Comments

• Options
    Massive shame, I think they were for the drop with him in charge. From the very little I had seen of them this season they seemed very direct. It will be interesting to see what happens if the new manager comes in and wants to play it on the deck, have they got the players to do that, hopefully they have not.
  • Options
    He was a good manager for Millwall and hard to dislike, especially after his courage in fighting back from a terrible illness. Whilst it is always great to see Millwall struggling, it is easier when you don't like the manager. I can enjoy it much more now unless Chrissy Powell takes over!
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Sure I read somewhere cahill has just done his badges

Bet he was buggered up there 
  • Options
    Club legend jumping before he was pushed so as not to taint his 'legend' status.
  • Options
    Club legend jumping before he was pushed so as not to taint his 'legend' status.

It's what all good legends should do.
  • Options
    Worst case scenario: Houghton
    Best case scenario: Keane
  • Options

Maybe you'll get the bite on your third try. 😉
  • Options

Please please be Roy Keane. The guy is an absolute tool who 10 years later is still bitter about Fergie.

Would like to see him fuck up at another club, and no better club than the spanners.

• Options

Keane wouldn't be a bad fit, to be honest.

Worst case would be Holloway but that wont happen.

Nathan Jones, Keane, Gary Rowett (my preferred choice)....all good choices for me.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSS said:

Maybe you'll get the bite on your third try. 😉

I'm just matching the number of failed tries by others ;)
  • Options
    Maybe worth a new thread, but when has a club playing legend, gone on to manage the same team successfully?
  • Options
    ....Harris was probably doing okay for a while I spose
  • Options
    Swedish Huski Chocolate man wants a Swedish coach.

• Options
    Massive shame, I think they were for the drop with him in charge. From the very little I had seen of them this season they seemed very direct. It will be interesting to see what happens if the new manager comes in and wants to play it on the deck, have they got the players to do that, hopefully they have not.
    The direct style made sense for the players they have. It would be a big risk to appoint a manager who played a completely different way as De Boer at Palace showed until tragically Roy Hodgson turned it around
  • Options
    Never knew he signed in the first place
  • Options

Millwall fans force out manager as the style of football employed was too industrial.

I've heard it all now...

Beaches of Rio Wapping, 
  • Options
    It's never nice to see a legend hounded out by a very vocal section of the crowd. He knew that time may have been around the corner so walked with his dignity in tact, unlike other legends at other clubs.
    Neil Harris is someone I have never quite been able to dislike, especially having spoken to him once or twice when he's been down Sparrows Lane. He's clearly knowledgeable about the game, though perhaps the style of football he played throughout his career rubbed off on him a little too much and impacted his managerial style.

I don't mean that as too much of a slight by the way - more that Bowyer, for instance, played at a higher level, and thus he engenders a "prettier" way of playing. Harris is a horse for a certain course, but relegation with (I presume) limited funding this year looked on the cards.

What might be slightly unfair on him is that you appoint someone who is then backed in the transfer market in January.

Either way, I hope whoever comes in next has an absolutely awful time of it and you go down, of course, but I do have a respect for Harris and it's a shame he had to jump before being pushed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In the few encounters I had with Harris usually at U23 games he always came across as a good bloke, and seemed generally respected.
    My impression is he did well and was a good fit for Millwall, maybe it is familiarity breeding contempt or a seven year itch that has led to a parting of the ways.
    The next appointment will be interesting, if it is somebody completely new to English football and Millwall I think it will be quite a risk.
  • Options

We certainly have the players to play a more expansive game. Continuously bypassing midfield to lump it up to Smith who, when played alone up top, is ineffective, is counter productive.

We've also got wingers that can play but rarely got a touch due to the tactics employed.

Our midfield always complained of neck-ache.

• Options
    Spanner at work mentioned that Cahill has now done his badges and could be in with a shout?
  • Options
    I've picked the Spanners to draw with Leeds in the prediction thread. Reckon that will be wrong now :smile:

It seems odd that a manager who is over-achieving given their budget should walk, but suspect he is "leaving as a legend" (C) @Big_Bad_Worldbecause he knows what the fans are like and could see the writing on the wall. He's been doing it for 4 years now, which is a long stretch at any club (I only hope we've still got Bows in 3 years' time). 

Millwall also have a decent owner, so it's not like they'll go for Karel Fraeye. 
  • Options
    It would be good if they try to bring in a manager who wants to play football as their current squad is not set up for this. The transition is likely to be problematic.
  • Options

Nathan Jones, Keane, Gary Rowett (my preferred choice)....all good choices for me.

Ha, your lot would have Nathan Jones in tears within a couple of weeks.

Keane, being a complete psycho, would be the perfect fit.
  • Options
    It would be good if they try to bring in a manager who wants to play football as their current squad is not set up for this. The transition is likely to be problematic.

Balderdash.
  • Options

Balderdash.
    Who's he.
    Has he got his coaching badges. 
  • Options

Balderdash.
    Who's he.
    Has he got his coaching badges. 

He's married to Poppycock. They're inseparable.
  • Options

Won't be Holloway in a million years. Didn't he get all sort of abuse when he went back managing another club? (Can't remember who)