Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England v Czech Republic / Bulgaria

Comments

• Didn’t see it mate, Prague is a large city and England fans were spread all over the place. We were beginning to make our way to the ground when it happened.

Things had seemed fairly calm with a subtle police presence up till then.

Whilst there is no denying there were plenty of morons about, expected in a 6k away following to Prague, rumours suggest the Czechs attacked a group and it resulted in police action. Most articles, despite leading with the England fans angle, do go on to say there were arrests on both sides.

One things for sure, it will be blown out of proportion.
    The Czech media indeed reported it that way. They made it clear that that one was the Czechs starting it. The second incident was in Tyn Square where there is a big sports bar, and that's where the police got stuck into English fans. I've not read any clear explanation of what caused it. But that'sall. Nothing new this morning. TBH that's a pretty decent outcome given the numbers and the pretty disastrous day and KO time. If you are staying over this evening I'm sure you'll have a great time.

As an aside it seems the Czechs who attacked the English fans were wearing masks. Most Czechs think the so-called "ultras" are twats, and this has just added to that perception. My neighbour fancies himself as a bit of a retired senior ultra, defender of flares, etc; so the masks have given me banter material for the next few months. 
    Perhaps Mr V is better looking with a mask!
     :p 
  • Why play two DMs when the full backs barely entered the last third? Henderson has always been toilet and has played only 7 games for Liverpool this season.
    There’s only one DM mate
    Yes, Depeche Mode!
    Everything Counts is a top tune.
  • Disgraceful. Bowyer out.
  • What does Declan Rice bring to the team ?  - he has been our weakest player in each of the games he has played.   Altho Mason Mount is one for the future his place should go to someone more creative like James Madison (or Conor Gallagher  !!!!)  Henderson can do the holding role on his own. us 
    apart from from a really bad haircut - nothing. 
  • Czechoslavakia were a very decent side before the split .. now there are two mediocre east European sides .. perhaps the Czechs have moved from mediocre to indifferent against a  badly selected England team
  • What does Declan Rice bring to the team ?  - he has been our weakest player in each of the games he has played.   Altho Mason Mount is one for the future his place should go to someone more creative like James Madison (or Conor Gallagher  !!!!)  Henderson can do the holding role on his own. us 
    apart from from a really bad haircut - nothing. 
    His fade really is atrocious. 
  • Thought Rice & Keane were awful and can’t see what they bring to the team.

Having said that the whole team were poor, when Kane came off at the end it didn’t look like he’d broken sweat.

The team looked totally disorganised at corners and free kicks and Southgate has to take the blame after all he was supposi

• Czechoslavakia were a very decent side before the split .. now there are two mediocre east European sides .. perhaps the Czechs have moved from mediocre to indifferent against a  badly selected England team
    Ahem. You appear to have forgotten Euro 96 when the Czechs did better than the host nation, and were only beaten by Germany in the final with that abominable "golden goal"

You also appear to have forgotten Euro 2004, when the Czechs again did better than England, only losing to Greece with that abominable "silver goal". Do you start to see a pattern or two here?

The Czechs dont have an inflated opinion of themselves in football, rather the opposite, and we haven't seen players recently who might reach the heights of Nedved and others from that time. However across the board they remain technically better than all but the most elite English players, and sometimes as a team add up to more than the sum of the parts. As you saw last night.
  • Seems Tyrone Mings will be starting in Defence tonight ahead of Joe Gomez

Really hope that Joe refinds his form / confidence not just for England but for himself too

Getting Matip picked ahead of you must be one thing but having two Defenders picked ahead of you who are both in a relegation battle at the moment must make you doubt yourself a little
  • Sponsored links:

• I think we lost it in midfield on Friday. It wasn't the right game for playing both Rice and Mount. The Czechs played above themselves and really competed for everything and they were a bit like rabbit's caught in the headlights for me.
  • edited October 2019
    Seems Tyrone Mings will be starting in Defence tonight ahead of Joe Gomez

Really hope that Joe refinds his form / confidence not just for England but for himself too

Getting Matip picked ahead of you must be one thing but having two Defenders picked ahead of you who are both in a relegation battle at the moment must make you doubt yourself a little
    In absolute fairness to Joe, he's not particularly out of form, just those ahead of him are playing well at the moment.

A defender in a relegation battle will have played more minutes than one who simply isn't getting picked because two players are ahead of him at the moment. I'd like to think in form, playing players will be picked over players that aren't currently playing.
  • Tomori looks a better player to me than Mings, and Keane. 
  • edited October 2019
    Tomori looks a better player to me than Mings, and Keane.

Think it is a disgrace that someone is in the squad having only played a handful of games in a struggling defence. Was also poor in under 21s last summer. Feel sorry for consistent performers like Cody and Tarkowski. 
  • 32 year old English bloke found in a bad state in city centre ( drink or drugs ) was taken to hospital became aggressive so was then taken to a police station upon arrival was dead. 

Also heard a palace fan got slashed by a Brighton fan - seems this trip has attracted a lot of dickheads, also saw a group of forest lads earlier trying to burn a derby flag 😳😳
  • 32 year old English bloke found in a bad state in city centre ( drink or drugs ) was taken to hospital became aggressive so was then taken to a police station upon arrival was dead. 

Also heard a palace fan got slashed by a Brighton fan - seems this trip has attracted a lot of dickheads, also saw a group of forest lads earlier trying to burn a derby flag 😳😳
    Was this in Sofia or Prague?
  • Sofia.

Drug overdose - such a waste. 

Some of the fake news on these things is ridiculous. 
  • Sofia.

Drug overdose - such a waste. 

Some of the fake news on these things is ridiculous. 
    You out there for the game tonight?
  • No, but just spoke to some mates out there. Saving myself for Kosovo next month.

I went to Sofia in 2011 and we got attacked the day after the game, minding our own business in a park of all places. One to be on your guard certainly.
  • Whilst I don’t necessarily agree with it I understand the squad rotation in these games. 

What doesn't make sense sense is why we are giving Trippier two games instead of utilising maybe our most creative player in TAA. I’m beginning to think Southgate doesn’t rate arguably the best young RB in world football.
  • Sponsored links:

• No, but just spoke to some mates out there. Saving myself for Kosovo next month.

I went to Sofia in 2011 and we got attacked the day after the game, minding our own business in a park of all places. One to be on your guard certainly.
    Yes i heard it was a place to be on guard. Mate of mine, Leyton Orient, was there for that game and said a lot of England fans in small groups were getting jumped and filmed on phone.
  • Five changes
  • Thank god he has taken Rice, Rose and Keane out of the team. 
  • In the words of Happy Valley comfortable away win 0-4
    Just a shame Rashford is there now!!
    Just a shame Rashford is there now!!
    You do realise you have just set him for a couple of goals and MOM now! 
  • Anyway onto the actual match. It seems Southgate really doesn't like Alexander-Arnold. Trippier preferred again.

Happy to see Mings given a game and Rice deserves to be dropped. Can't believe Rashford gets a start though. He's been awful for weeks.
  • Happened on friday and has happened again crowd to quick with national antham, finish long before the players and the music
  • Couldn’t hear it under all the Bulgarian booing