Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England v Czech Republic / Bulgaria

Comments

• were they?

my problem is that we should of been better. we got a team who apparently play in the best league in the world. they get paid the bet wages. i really believe we could of been better against Croatia. in the second half we showed our limitations. we had no, plan B as they say. Kane up front by himself and sterling running around was doing nothing. 
  • Very poor all round, with the major issues being the defence and midfield.

Keane looks like a nervous wreck, and isn't even that good on the ball, so not sure why he is there, and Ben Chilwell is clearly in better form that Danny Rose, so why he didn't play is beyond me. Similar for Trippier and TAA on the other side - though I do like Trippier and know he has done well in Spain.

Midfield balance is all off, and we are crying out for Phil Foden (a left footer), to come in and play on the left of that three. I know he is inexperienced but, then Mason Mount isn't that far ahead of him.

I have said it before, but if Rashford played for Burnley or Southampton, he wouldn't be in the squad - done nothing when he came on, and in injury time had two chances to get it into the box and failed miserably with both.

• The Czech captain, Jakub Brabec, who scored their first goal said that they know England are the stronger team, so they would have to work harder. He plays for Viktoria but I have never seen him play like that.  I said to my neighbour that he played like he wanted
    to impress Lee Bowyer. Then you've got the 30 year old who plays in the MLS who
    comes on for his debut, and scores the winner. On the night, they wanted it more.
  • The Czech captain, Jakub Brabec, who scored their first goal said that they know England are the stronger team, so they would have to work harder. He plays for Viktoria but I have never seen him play like that.  I said to my neighbour that he played like he wanted
    comes on for his debut, and scores the winner. On the night, they wanted it more.
    They played really well and not only battled but played some decent inventive football. But, England were wellll below their best and to lose to a team you beat 5-0 is not acceptable. Tonight and the Kosovo game really raises questions about our defence, but with TAA, Chilwell and Stones to come back I’m not overly shitting myself. If anything, I’m more concerned with the central midfield. Barkley was inventive when he came on. Rice and Henderson doesn’t work. I’d rather have winks in there for his ability to start things from deep. Sancho and Sterling didn’t fire on the night. We just need to work on the things that let us down, including the basic will to out battle the Czechs and we become better.
  • Back in Prague Old Town

We were terrible and got everything we deserved. 

I was at the last qualifier defeat in 2009 in Ukraine but was surprised it was 10 years ago after hearing that tonight.
  • Back in Prague Old Town

We were terrible and got everything we deserved. 

I was at the last qualifier defeat in 2009 in Ukraine but was surprised it was 10 years ago after hearing that tonight.
    Saw a couple of vids of England fans getting pepper sprayed and charged at, was it uncalled for?
  • Didn’t see it mate, Prague is a large city and England fans were spread all over the place. We were beginning to make our way to the ground when it happened.

Things had seemed fairly calm with a subtle police presence up till then.

Whilst there is no denying there were plenty of morons about, expected in a 6k away following to Prague, rumours suggest the Czechs attacked a group and it resulted in police action. Most articles, despite leading with the England fans angle, do go on to say there were arrests on both sides.

One things for sure, it will be blown out of proportion.
  • Why play two DMs when the full backs barely entered the last third? Henderson has always been toilet and has played only 7 games for Liverpool this season.
    Bit harsh on Henderson there. Yes he's only played 7 games, but we're only 8 games into the season!

He's pretty much been a regular under Klopp, played 44 games in league and CL last season in a side that got 90+ points and won the CL. If we're going to pick a problem then it's really not him. Rice was a lot worse.
  • Didn’t see it mate, Prague is a large city and England fans were spread all over the place. We were beginning to make our way to the ground when it happened.

Whilst there is no denying there were plenty of morons about, expected in a 6k away following to Prague, rumours suggest the Czechs attacked a group and it resulted in police action. Most articles, despite leading with the England fans angle, do go on to say there were arrests on both sides.

31 arrests, 14 were England supporters.
  • Sponsored links:

• Why play two DMs when the full backs barely entered the last third? Henderson has always been toilet and has played only 7 games for Liverpool this season.
    Bit harsh on Henderson there. Yes he's only played 7 games, but we're only 8 games into the season!

He's pretty much been a regular under Klopp, played 44 games in league and CL last season in a side that got 90+ points and won the CL. If we're going to pick a problem then it's really not him. Rice was a lot worse.
    The previous comment about Henderson being 'toilet' was an understatement. He was an entire sewage system.
    Any time he attempted more than a four yard sideways/ backwards pass, he gave the ball away: the man doesn't have an ounce of creativity in him, and the pairing of him and Rice is as prosaic as it is ineffective.
    His move to to the right in the second half saw him become more 'involved', but also resulted in him having more opportunities  to fuck things up.
    I don't care for him.
  • The luckiest draw in the history of the World Cup made the blinkered believe we were better than we are. 
    We’re an ok England team no better than the failed wonder teams of years gone by 
  • Is it me or is Rashford a completely average footballer? (Relatively).
    They played really well and not only battled but played some decent inventive football. But, England were wellll below their best and to lose to a team you beat 5-0 is not acceptable. Tonight and the Kosovo game really raises questions about our defence, but with TAA, Chilwell and Stones to come back I’m not overly shitting myself. If anything, I’m more concerned with the central midfield. Barkley was inventive when he came on. Rice and Henderson doesn’t work. I’d rather have winks in there for his ability to start things from deep. Sancho and Sterling didn’t fire on the night. We just need to work on the things that let us down, including the basic will to out battle the Czechs and we become better.
    Excellent summary. Pity the media will have most of the country wetting the bed.
    Is this a whoosh? 7 out of 8 games for the team top of the table yet to drop a single point.

The Czech media indeed reported it that way. They made it clear that that one was the Czechs starting it. The second incident was in Tyn Square where there is a big sports bar, and that's where the police got stuck into English fans. I've not read any clear explanation of what caused it. But that'sall. Nothing new this morning. TBH that's a pretty decent outcome given the numbers and the pretty disastrous day and KO time. If you are staying over this evening I'm sure you'll have a great time.

As an aside it seems the Czechs who attacked the English fans were wearing masks. Most Czechs think the so-called "ultras" are twats, and this has just added to that perception. My neighbour fancies himself as a bit of a retired senior ultra, defender of flares, etc; so the masks have given me banter material for the next few months. 
  • JaShea99 said:
    Is it me or is Rashford a completely average footballer? (Relatively).
    A major issue for England is that Man U and Spurs are both struggling at the moment, and their players are carrying that poor form into the international arena. Kane not at his best, Rose poor, Deli and Dier not even in the team, Winks coming back from injury, Rashford struggling, Maguire playing in a poor team, Lingard dropped, Bassaka injured etc

Liverpool are the form team, but we only had Henderson playing with TAA and Gomes on the bench
  • edited October 2019
    The luckiest draw in the history of the World Cup made the blinkered believe we were better than we are. 
    We’re an ok England team no better than the failed wonder teams of years gone by 
    It was a poor performance, but no need to guild the lily Morts. Ten years undefeated in qualifiers, and it's still not good enough?

Germany in Japan/Korea - came out of a group with ROI, Cameroon and Saudi to face Paraguay, the USA and South Korea. 

• What does Declan Rice bring to the team ?  - he has been our weakest player in each of the games he has played.   Altho Mason Mount is one for the future his place should go to someone more creative like James Madison (or Conor Gallagher  !!!!)  Henderson can do the holding role on his own. us 
  • Rice, Rose and Keane bang average. 

• Sponsored links:

• Rice, Rose and Keane bang average. 

There's a grain of truth to that...
  • Rice AND Henderson in that team is a waste of a player.

Keane’s defending for both goals was really poor.
  • Hoddle in the highlights was taking about how we needed the defensive midfielder to drop back into defence to help the centre backs when required, something that Dier does and indeed Darren Pratley does to great effect too. Keane isn't good enough, but he he's being given enough cover from midfield despite us having 2 water carriers
  • The luckiest draw in the history of the World Cup made the blinkered believe we were better than we are. 
    It was a poor performance, but no need to guild the lily Morts. Ten years undefeated in qualifiers, and it's still not good enough?

Germany in Japan/Korea - came out of a group with ROI, Cameroon and Saudi to face Paraguay, the USA and South Korea. 

I’m just saying we aren’t anywhere near threatening to win a major tourney .
    We have always qualified well and done fuck all at the tourneys 
    and the easy draw in the last World Cup meant some thought we’d made the jump up to world beaters but we aren’t imo a top top team hence we lost to a pony Croatia in the semis 

basically last nights result may make some smell the coffee or it may not 

• Hoddle in the highlights was taking about how we needed the defensive midfielder to drop back into defence to help the centre backs when required, something that Dier does and indeed Darren Pratley does to great effect too. Keane isn't good enough, but he he's being given enough cover from midfield despite us having 2 water carriers
    Dier?!!!

Id honestly rather Pratley.
    There’s only one DM mate
  • Didn't watch the game and not too bothered.
    However, can someone explain why Declan Rice is so highly rated?
    Dier?!!!

Id honestly rather Pratley.
    He wasn't suggesting we pick Dier, but pointing out that was something Dier does as the defensive midfielder but Rice doesn't
    There’s only one DM mate
    Yes, Depeche Mode!