Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What to do on a miserable wet day (for those retired / not working)

edited October 2019 in General Charlton
For all of those who have to go out to work, do not read anymore

As an OAP, it is lovely in the summer and it is warm and sunny, but what to do on a day like today where is is absolutely gushing down and cold? Easy, put on the recent play off at Wembley against Sunderland and enjoy, stress free, all over again. I know some of you younger folk will name a few other things that I have not got the energy for anymore, but I enjoyed 3 hours from build up to celebrations.

Comments

• Got my haircut, went to the gym, had a look at CL (do most days), it's brightened up down here now so off out for a pint or 2 down the Old Town before meeting Mrs H for a few more drinks and dinner....she is working from home tomorrow so don't have to get up at 5.30am.
  • Got my haircut, went to the gym, had a look at CL (do most days), it's brightened up down here now so off out for a pint or 2 down the Old Town before meeting Mrs H for a few more drinks and dinner....she is working from home tomorrow so don't have to get up at 5.30am.

Which pub?
  • Exercise the dogs with even less worry about lunatic's. (are those "killer dogs type people)  :)
  • Wife got her hair done, had a light lunch out, spent the afternoon playing some favourite CD’s and reading, off out in an hour or so for drinks and dinner in our favourite local Italian restaurant, Il Vesuvio in Bexleyheath. 
  • ross1 said:
    For all of those who have to go out to work, do not read anymore

As an OAP, it is lovely in the summer and it is warm and sunny, but what to do on a day like today where is is absolutely gushing down and cold? Easy, put on the recent play off at Wembley against Sunderland and enjoy, stress free, all over again. I know some of you younger folk will name a few other things that I have not got the energy for anymore, but I enjoyed 3 hours from build up to celebrations.
    Cold its shorts weather
  • Just had a nice swim. Been lazing about most of the day reading and listening to music.  Mind you, it’s about 28 degrees here!! ☀️🏊🏼‍♂️🎧😎
  • TelMc32 said:
    Just had a nice swim. Been lazing about most of the day reading and listening to music.  Mind you, it’s about 28 degrees here!! ☀️🏊🏼‍♂️🎧😎
    Where is here?
  • Not retired as of yet however, put logs on the fire, take the dogs out, read the papers via the Ipad, loads of tea, dogs out once again footy on the TV, hopefully a dry day tomorrow B)
  • Sponsored links:

• Bright sunshine in Bexley today B)
  • Sponsored links:

• London Bridge has some covered platforms if you fancy a bit of trainspotting 
  • It's wood collecting and chopping time of year for me. The last few storms have brought down some lovely dry branches. I'm not a great fan of winter, but sitting by the fire with 'free' wood and a glass of sloe gin is one of the good bits of it.
    Poor sloes 😉

@Arsenetatters ?

We pay between €45 to €50 for chestnut / oak mix
  • Played indoor football for 2 hours followed by yoga for an hour went home and watched about 3 hours worth of sport ...went to quiz night at the local came 2nd ..watched the capture when I got in 

Funnily enough it's a beautiful day today so if it does stay dry I 'll be in garden cutting back etc 
  • addick05 said:
    Got my haircut, went to the gym, had a look at CL (do most days), it's brightened up down here now so off out for a pint or 2 down the Old Town before meeting Mrs H for a few more drinks and dinner....she is working from home tomorrow so don't have to get up at 5.30am.

Which pub?
    Met in the Royal Standard and then went to the Hastings Arms (Ruby Tuesday....lamb Madras).
  • bobmunro said:
    Reading this thread has made me realise that it's time to seriously think about retiring.
    If you can do it Bob.
  • 59 and can't afford to retire.
  • TelMc32 said:
    Just had a nice swim. Been lazing about most of the day reading and listening to music.  Mind you, it’s about 28 degrees here!! ☀️🏊🏼‍♂️🎧😎
    Where is here?
    Playa Blanca in Lanzarote. I am not looking forward to coming back on Sunday.  Advanced planning trip for retirement in a couple of years.