Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Evergreen Simon Royce

48 year old ex-Addick keeper Simon Royce, who hadn’t played a competitive match for over 8 years, was named on the bench yesterday by Gillingham after an injury to the sub keeper in warm up. 

Comments

• edited September 2019
    If they had a spare sub with a minute to go they should have brought him on .. :-)
  • Bromley could have done with doing the same yesterday

Lead Yeovil 1-0 yet lost their 'keeper to a nasty injury (18 minute delay) - Didnt have a sub goalkeeper so lost 3-1

Lead Yeovil 1-0 yet lost their 'keeper to a nasty injury (18 minute delay) - Didnt have a sub goalkeeper so lost 3-1
    Pretty silly not to have a sub keeper these days given the amount of subs you can name. Even if they have injuries, they could've at least had the youth team keeper on the bench. 

Pretty silly not to have a sub keeper these days given the amount of subs you can name. Even if they have injuries, they could've at least had the youth team keeper on the bench. 
    Jeff Stelling made a comment say no clubs have sub keepers at that level, i didnt believe it so looked at lineups, over half the teams never named a sub keeper.
  • Could be wrong but Conference and below you can only name five subs rather than the seven you get in the Football League and above
  • We woz robbed.

Heard Bromley have made a cheeky bid for another Charlton player this week.
  • Kap10 said:
    If they had a spare sub with a minute to go they should have brought him on .. :-)
    Upfront. 
  • McBobbin said:
    That's a situation that demands Steve Brown
    Or Matt Taylor. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Those were the days; footballers sharing lifts up from Brighton in a battered old Sierra. Halcyon. 
  • 48 year old ex-Addick keeper Simon Royce, who hadn’t played a competitive match for over 8 years, was named on the bench yesterday by Gillingham after an injury to the sub keeper in warm up. 
    Shirt number 48  :)

Surprised they only have 1 senior keeper (with a 17 year old as his deputy, who was injured yesterday)
  • Bit of a tangent, but wasn’t it Royce that was in goal for Leicester when Shaun Bartlett scored his wondergoal?
  • Bit of a tangent, but wasn’t it Royce that was in goal for Leicester when Shaun Bartlett scored his wondergoal?
    I thought it was Ian Walker..... But I could be wrong 
  • It was Royce in goal.
  • edited September 2019
    Definitely Royce

Because he then did a jig in front of the Covered End when they started singing: You should have stayed the Valley - Best opposing player reaction to banter I've ever seen

Although Robbie Keane runs him close... Went complaining to the ref because of the harmless abuse we were giving him one game and so just made it worse for himself
  • Definitely Royce

Because he then did a jig in front of the Covered End when they started singing: You should have stayed the Valley - Best opposing player reaction to banter I've ever seen

Although Robbie Keane runs him close... Went complaining to the ref because of the harmless abuse we were giving him one game and so just made it worse for himself
    Yes my bad, it was Walker in goal when the catalogues were thrown on the pitch.  I think.