Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

If you could live in any other country. What one would it be?

Comments

• Options
    stevec said:

I've lived in France since 2006. Only regret is not going to the valley every 2 weeks.
    Where in France, Steve?
    I live about 30 kms north of Limoges. Are you over here also?
  • Options
    stevec said:
    stevec said:

I've lived in France since 2006. Only regret is not going to the valley every 2 weeks.
    Where in France, Steve?
    No mate, not now, i was in Luxembourg for 2 and a half years until a month ago.
    You must be close to IBBORG then?
  • Options
    New Zealand.

Surprised at the number of votes for Spain. Nice country but if you could choose anywhere in the world??
  • Options
    New Zealand definitely has the most votes.

Interesting and informative. I wouldn't have guessed that.

I haven't been there...so that's probably why.
  • Options
    Must admit, i went to NZ for a weekend, and i thought it was closed !
  • Options
    South of France
  • Options
    Sardinia/Sardegna (Italia). Relaxed, beautiful, warm, great food, and they have the most centurions in world I think. 
  • Options
    Not full emigration but we are talking about Jan to  April  in a warmer climate, Tenerife is a possibility due to having friends out there, but for me missing a chunk of the season would hurt. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It would be Italy as I am half Italian and speak the language. But also because it is a beautiful country for all of its faults and the food is second to none. But I reckon I would get caught in Italy so I'd probably need to run off to a country like Cuba where I might be able to escape the law.
  • Options
    It would be Italy as I am half Italian and speak the language. But also because it is a beautiful country for all of its faults and the food is second to none. But I reckon I would get caught in Italy so I'd probably need to run off to a country like Cuba where I might be able to escape the law.

I've only been to Rome and a bit of Florence (I think)

There's only one nightclub and one hostel in Rome.

I remember making friends there.

If I'm really honest, the colleseum didn't do much for me.

It's an amazing piece of history and I learned a lot of stuff in VC too.

You know when you're just a bit...oh "meh".
  • Options
    Spain ;)
  • Options
    Hersonnisoss ,Crete
  • Options
    spain, italy or france - great to go the other side of the world in winter but honestly, nowhere as good as europe 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
     There are 33 countries with which Britain does not have an extradition agreement: Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Belarus, Bhutan, Cameroon, China, Dominican Republic, Egypt, Ethiopia, Georgia, Iran, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Madagascar, Mongolia, Namibia, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, UAE, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Venezuela and Yemen are all potential havens for British criminals.

I would have to choose Dominican Republic out of those. Easy enough to hide amongst the transient tourist population without arousing suspicions. 
    This 100%. Surely it has to be a Country which doesn’t have an extradition treaty with the UK otherwise it’s far too risky.

Out of the above I’d probably pick Dominican Republic, Namibia, South Korea or Madagascar 
  • Options
    Would Iceland tempt anyone?

You're garunteed a job. Getting a round in might cost half a day's wage..
    But it still might be good
  • Options
    2nd to most of SE asia 

Or 3rd if we include the middle east.

Oh..... India

;)
  • Options
    Got to be Melbourne... already here... :)

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
     There are 33 countries with which Britain does not have an extradition agreement: Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Belarus, Bhutan, Cameroon, China, Dominican Republic, Egypt, Ethiopia, Georgia, Iran, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Madagascar, Mongolia, Namibia, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, UAE, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Venezuela and Yemen are all potential havens for British criminals.

I would have to choose Dominican Republic out of those. Easy enough to hide amongst the transient tourist population without arousing suspicions. 
    This 100%. Surely it has to be a Country which doesn’t have an extradition treaty with the UK otherwise it’s far too risky.

Out of the above I’d probably pick Dominican Republic, Namibia, South Korea or Madagascar 
    Namibia is stunning.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    India. Love the place, as it is so diverse and the people are pretty friendly and seem to love Brits. But in reality probs moving to Sweden in a few years. Summers are fine but winters beer and no Charlton ☹️
  • Options
    I'd say Italy but actually probably somewhere like America or Canada would be preferable.
  • Options
    stevec said:
    stevec said:

Where in France, Steve?
    No mate, not now, i was in Luxembourg for 2 and a half years until a month ago.
    You must be close to IBBORG then?
    Sorry never heard of it.
  • Options
    Question here.

I'm thinking about moving abroad permanently in 2 years time.

By that point , I should have a Mechanical Engineering Btec level 3 qualification.

I know this might sound stupid, or something that I should attempt to look into independently, but does anyone know whether or not that specific qualification would at least make me eligible to move to Australia on a permanent basis?

Of course, I would be working within the sector and would be happy to take an apprenticeship.

Thanks for any information 
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    Question here.

By that point , I should have a Mechanical Engineering Btec level 3 qualification.

I know this might sound stupid, or something that I should attempt to look into independently, but does anyone know whether or not that specific qualification would at least make me eligible to move to Australia on a permanent basis?

Of course, I would be working within the sector and would be happy to take an apprenticeship.

Nah mate, but they need hairdressers.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    Question here.

Nah mate, but they need hairdressers.

Typical Ozzie's. 

They only want a decent haircut 
  • Options
    India. Love the place, as it is so diverse and the people are pretty friendly and seem to love Brits. But in reality probs moving to Sweden in a few years. Summers are fine but winters beer and no Charlton ☹️
    Wonderful country, nice people, attractive women,great lifestyle 
    why would you want to go @The Prince-e-Paul 
    seriously don’t go, who’ll drive me home from from Wembley when I’m tired and emotional 
  • Options
    The Basque country.....namely San Sebastián.
  • Options
    The Basque country.....namely San Sebastián.
    Agreed, What a lovely place that is.
  • Options
    Forgetting the extradition thing, because I don't like the options, I fancy Antigua, having been there a couple of times and it's nice and warm, or Singapore, where my nephew and his girlfriend live.