Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett: Derby County stars charged with drink-driving

Comments

• Options
    If the replies are accurate it was recorded by Tom Huddlestone, Derby’s new captain.
  • Options
    All 3 of them are Tw*ats deserved to be locked up for a long time, that could have been so much worse for innocent bystanders.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    If the replies are accurate it was recorded by Tom Huddlestone, Derby’s new captain.
    It was definitely recorded by him, as there's a TH in the corner of his snapchat on the videos i've seen.

Seems like he's already been stripped of the captaincy though, Curtis Davies was their captain yesterday even though Huddlestone started.
  • Options
    Am fairly sure the photo doing the rounds is a fake (ie someone else’s leg)
  • Options
    Yep, pretty sure that's the case as well, unless Richard Keogh just really loves shopping in sports direct for sondico gear.
  • Options
    Yep, pretty sure that's the case as well, unless Richard Keogh just really loves shopping in sports direct for sondico gear.
    Also why would he be in his kit on a night out?
  • Options
    Full kit Wanker maybe? 
  • Options
    IF that was him, He would have been cut out of his trousers by paramedics and you could argue that the Umbro shorts are Derby shorts that someone has given him so he’s not sat about in his pants/hospital gown. The Sondico under shorts however would not have got over the injury safely so he either wears them all the time or it’s not him.

dont even start me on what looks like dog shit on his knee...
  • Options
    Confirmed today that Keogh has snapped both his MCL and ACL, and will be out for 15 months!

He'll do well to play again given he's 33.
  • Options
    Wonder if Derby will now sack him? Surely their owner isn't going to continue paying his (probably quite high) wages for the next year or so.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How long is his contract with them? After that 15 months it will take a lot to get back to match fitness etc. I would say his career is over.  Absolutely stupid. I have been impressed with him in the odd game I have watched with Derby? He should have known better at his age
  • Options
    In this link it states. His contract was signed up until Summer 2021 so bye the time he gets back he will have about 8 months left of his contract? Can the club sue him for being unavailable. ?
  • Options
    Has keogh done anything wrong? (Worthu enough for getting the sack anyways) he got drunk and got in a car as a passenger. Nothing wrong there. The two idiots the hot drunk and then started driving is a different matter - they should definitely be sacked.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    If this is too gruesome I will delete the post but i got sent some photos of Keogh's leg. I think its safe to say he won't play again 

• Options
    Wonder if Derby will now sack him? Surely their owner isn't going to continue paying his (probably quite high) wages for the next year or so.
    Most likely not, because then they would have to sack Lawrence and Bennett too, and there's no way they're letting that amount of recoupable transfer money go for nothing
  • Options
    Most likely not, because then they would have to sack Lawrence and Bennett too, and there's no way they're letting that amount of recoupable transfer money go for nothing
    Why? Bennett and Lawrence can still play (assuming the court case doesn't go badly for them), Keogh can't. 
  • Options
    I have the photos of Keoghs knee injury from the crash but not too sure if its offensive if I post in this thread?

Have seen them and wouldn't be too sure they are real. Ask yourself; who took them? If it was a mate they would hardly put them on social media. Don't think medical staff would have taken them and even if they had it would be a serious breach of patient confidentiality to post them.
  • Options
    Why? Bennett and Lawrence can still play (assuming the court case doesn't go badly for them), Keogh can't. 
    They can't sack a player for being injured, quite rightly.

They might be able to sack a player for gross misconduct but if they sack Keogh for that but not the other two his lawyers would argue that he was being treated differently and punished more harshly for a lesser offence EG being a passenger in a car against driving and crashing a car while drunk.

It will be interesting to see what Derby do but it will be difficult for them to sack one and not the others in my non expert opinion.
  • Options
    Keogh’s career is well and truly over.

ACL and MCL ruptures alone is horrific. Add in that awfully terrible laceration. He’s finished.
  • Options
    Dont say out... and then its plastered all over social media.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wonder if Keogh will lose that natural pace of his.
  • Options
    Wonder if the club insurance would pay out on his injuries? 
    Getting into a car being driven by an obviously intoxicated driver isn’t exactly protecting yourself. We know insurance companies don’t like paying out especially if it’s going to be in the millions (as I assume it would be for a footballer).
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    If this is too gruesome I will delete the post but i got sent some photos of Keogh's leg. I think its safe to say he won't play again 

“Lessons to be learnt Don’t speed when you’ve been drinking”

Not quite...
    Just want to point out these are screenshots that were sent to me, I don't know anyone involved in the messages, they sounds like awful human beings.... they are laughing at the situation in the first message
  • Options
    Flesh wound, Tony Adams & Yann would wrap a bandage round that and be back on the pitch.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

“Lessons to be learnt Don’t speed when you’ve been drinking”

Not quite...
    Just want to point out these are screenshots that were sent to me, I don't know anyone involved in the messages, they sounds like awful human beings.... they are laughing at the situation in the first message
    Oh sorry - wasn’t inferring that it was you and your mate laughing at this, if it’s real then I assume it’s someone whose mum works at the hospital (and is probably getting sacked tomorrow).
  • Options
    They can't sack a player for being injured, quite rightly.

They might be able to sack a player for gross misconduct but if they sack Keogh for that but not the other two his lawyers would argue that he was being treated differently and punished more harshly for a lesser offence EG being a passenger in a car against driving and crashing a car while drunk.

It will be interesting to see what Derby do but it will be difficult for them to sack one and not the others in my non expert opinion.
    I'd imagine that it will be a fair old legal battle, but given he's unlikely to play for them again, i can see Derby pushing to have Keogh's contract mutually terminated with perhaps the condition that they agree to support his knee rehabilitation. 

I can't see how they're going to just willingly pay him his usual salary for the next 15 months.