Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

West Brom tickets (SOLD OUT- 1,994)

Comments

• Options
    Absolutely clueless, now NOBODY has priority.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    My train ticket cost me 20 quid return and I only booked a fortnight ago. Great value day out with those match ticket prices too
    Well over the odds.
  • Options
    Price is good.
    Can you get a straight train from London to the hawthorns or do you have to change? 
    Also is the area any good for an away fan, ie pub? 
    Change at either New Street or Moor Street.

The Bull Ring Tavern at the top end of Digbeth is decent.

There is nothing by the ground, if you want to slum it go into West Bromwich.
  • Options
    brilliant value west brom 

return train ticket and match ticket for 7 quid more than fulham 

new ground for me 

10.23 out of euston
    18.30 out of brum new street 

£11.20 with railcard 
    £17 without 

when i booked them in august
    Slightly annoying as booked exact same trains first thing this morning for me and the boy £29 and £19.10 with railcard. Still good value if you jump on quick
  • Options
    Dont forget your oxygen if your going... Is the highest of all the Grounds in the Football League
  • Options
    Millwall friend said its an away day worth doing it. Also said the same about not many decent pubs around. He said they originally gave 1600 tickets and upped it to 2,400 in the end 
  • Options
    Millwall friend said its an away day worth doing it. Also said the same about not many decent pubs around. He said they originally gave 1600 tickets and upped it to 2,400 in the end 
    This is why it makes sense to go straight to general sale. Sell the first allocation ASAP and then it’s an easy decision to ask for more tickets early on. If it went on restricted sale it would take nearly two weeks to sell all the first allocation and then nobody at the club will want to take the decision to ask for more tickets.
  • Options
    This is why it makes sense to go straight to general sale. Sell the first allocation ASAP and then it’s an easy decision to ask for more tickets early on. If it went on restricted sale it would take nearly two weeks to sell all the first allocation and then nobody at the club will want to take the decision to ask for more tickets.
    By going straight on general sale it gives NOBODY priority.

That is wrong.
  • Options
    You cannot change the process of selling tickets from one game to the next.

Clearly there is no system in place on how to sell away tickets.
  • Options

That is wrong.
    The ticket office is damned if they do, damned if they don’t but at least this way we are more likely to get a couple of thousand fans or more up there to back the team. What’s more important ? Those that go regularly will have an advantage in that they have more practice in buying tickets so it shouldn’t be a problem for them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

That is wrong.
    I see your point but i'm sure anyone who wants to go will get a ticket.

Is there a limit on how many can be bought per person?
  • Options
    edited September 2019

You can and they have! What is winding you up so much here? You do not need priority for West Brom. This will take several days to sell out and the club know there are more tickets available if they need them anyway, so nobody is being penalised. Everyone who had priority to get the fulham tickets in those first 4,5 phases will have the opportunity to get one for West Brom if they want one across several days. So no need to stage sales. It was necessary for Fulham because if they had gone straight in general sale they would have all gone in a morning and people could have not had the opportunity of getting one just because they couldn’t get through on the phone or online in time. That won’t be the case here - everyone who wants one will have time and the opportunity to do so, so a priority system would be a pointless exercise.

if we sell them all out in 3 hours I’ll offer a red faced apology on here but I really don’t think we’ll sell the first allocation in 3 days, let alone the extras we’d get if we needed them!
  • Options
    That said I hadn’t properly clocked the 20 quid price which will increase demand... But still don’t think they’ll disappear that quickly!
  • Options
    I wonder how many were not going to this game but have changed thier mind because travel and match ticket can be less than £35
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    I wonder how many were not going to this game but have changed thier mind because travel and match ticket can be less than £35
    I always had this down as an away day i was attending the low cost is a massive bonus. Fair play to West Brom.
  • Options

That is wrong.
    Great for me and the 30 in my group Im buying for!
  • Options
    Games like this and Bristol C are a good opportunity for some to get their points up ahead of Millwall, Luton and QPR in the next couple of months which are likely to have phases
  • Options

You can and they have! What is winding you up so much here? You do not need priority for West Brom. This will take several days to sell out and the club know there are more tickets available if they need them anyway, so nobody is being penalised. Everyone who had priority to get the fulham tickets in those first 4,5 phases will have the opportunity to get one for West Brom if they want one across several days. So no need to stage sales. It was necessary for Fulham because if they had gone straight in general sale they would have all gone in a morning and people could have not had the opportunity of getting one just because they couldn’t get through on the phone or online in time. That won’t be the case here - everyone who wants one will have time and the opportunity to do so, so a priority system would be a pointless exercise.

if we sell them all out in 3 hours I’ll offer a red faced apology on here but I really don’t think we’ll sell the first allocation in 3 days, let alone the extras we’d get if we needed them!
    Nobody was expecting 6 phases, but having no phases when we have a points system is a bit odd. This isn't Boro, West Brom is an easy away trip.

As it is there will be a mass surge on Wednesday morning. Yes further tickets will be available, but it's created unnecessary friction 
  • Options
    It will be interesting to see how quick the 1st 1600 sell.
    Im going a 1000 in the 1st day
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Games like this and Bristol C are a good opportunity for some to get their points up ahead of Millwall, Luton and QPR in the next couple of months which are likely to have phases
    Millwall it will not work.

Points don't become on your account to after the date of the game and tickets will likely go on sale before WBA you would think. Point stands for Luton and QPR. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I am going to Bristol City and this, I think if people want a ticket Wednesday they will get one, leaving it till Thursday would be a little risky. 

For Millwall as a non ST Holder I don't think I will have a chance so am going to sit in the dark-side with some good mates who were dropped on their heads at birth. Its never been a problem in the past.   
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    As has been the case before, I think the problem is the information provided. Clarity about the maximum allocation would cut through the debate. Neither Bristol City nor WBA are able to limit the Charlton allocations to the advertised numbers without the specific agreement of Charlton - and there is no financial risk to Charlton in the Championship either.

Assuming more are available if needed, general sale is fine. If anyone at the club agreed these as final allocations they are naive, but it’s more likely a lack of understanding behind the announcement.
  • Options
    As has been the case before, I think the problem is the information provided. Clarity about the maximum allocation would cut through the debate. Neither Bristol City nor WBA are able to limit the Charlton allocations to the advertised numbers without the specific agreement of Charlton - and there is no financial risk to Charlton in the Championship either.

Assuming more are available if needed, general sale is fine. If anyone at the club agreed these as final allocations they are naive, but it’s more likely a lack of understanding behind the announcement.
    What do you do at Ebbsfleet for Dover, Bromley etc?  ;)
  • Options

That is wrong.
    The ticket office is damned if they do, damned if they don’t but at least this way we are more likely to get a couple of thousand fans or more up there to back the team. What’s more important ? Those that go regularly will have an advantage in that they have more practice in buying tickets so it shouldn’t be a problem for them.
    Ridiculous.

There has to be a system of sale, at present there is not.
  • Options

So why have priority selling in the past?

For how many years?
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

That is wrong.
    Great for me and the 30 in my group Im buying for!
    I rest my case!

I think you are seeing my point of view.
  • Options
    @ElfsborgAddick I completely agree with what you’re saying. If they have had restrictions in the past with phases of sale, they ought to have it for every game. I do think the previous phases have been ridiculous as it is not fair on many other supporters with the way it was done before. Going straight to general sale for this doesn’t help anyone.

However, I do believe anyone who wants to really go will be able to go. Personally would be very surprised if we sold out quickly and many missed out who really want to be there.

That said, I know I will get my two tickets tomorrow morning because of the fact the initial sale is going to be in very high demand.

Overall, the way the club sells tickets for away games needs a rethink and overhaul to make it fairer for everyone to get the chance to go. I’m sure they’ll get it right sooner or later.
  • Options
    It is a bit ridiculous to have no phases for this one. I'm sure everyone who wants a ticket will get one, but the club could save themselves a mad rush and possible software crash by just having 1/2 phases prior to general sale.
  • Options
    the away followings so far this season have been impressive from a club who are not renowned for the big numbers. 

i am hoping that this is an initial figure although if we can take just shy of 1k to wigan i would think we could double that new ground factor few a few - myself included and its cheap, with beer money trains and tickets your looking at under 100 quid which in the championship is great value. 
  • Options

I assume they don’t shout about the true allocation for a reason though. If people knew there would be 2400 available then they might not rush to buy as soon as they go on sale. Whereas people already seem to be panicking about a 1600 allocation.