Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rugby World Cup 2019

Comments

• edited September 2019
    I like Rugby, but one of the big things that gets me about it is the amount of dead time within the game, for example, Japan got a scrum awarded in the 77th minute today, and they just wasted time setting and re setting and re re setting the scrum that it was taken until deep into the 79th . 
    Too much dead time allowed in the game.
    If the referee thinks there’s some gamesmanship by the attacking team in delaying a put-in at a scrum, he can award a free kick. Didn’t think Japan did much wrong at that situation, TBH
  • edited September 2019
    _MrDick said:
    I like Rugby, but one of the big things that gets me about it is the amount of dead time within the game, for example, Japan got a scrum awarded in the 77th minute today, and they just wasted time setting and re setting and re re setting the scrum that it was taken until deep into the 79th . 
    If the referee thinks there’s some gamesmanship by the attacking team in delaying a put-in at a scrum, he can award a free kick. Didn’t think Japan did much wrong at that situation, TBH
    I agree. I wasnt having a pop at Japan (was actually quite pleased it happened tbh!), but just generally the amount of time wasted game management in Rugby is, i would expect, quite exceptionally high in comparison with other sports.
  • _MrDick said:
    I agree. I wasnt having a pop at Japan (was actually quite pleased it happened tbh!), but just generally the amount of time wasted game management in Rugby is, i would expect, quite exceptionally high in comparison with other sports.
    Definitely around the scrum, the constant resetting does use up a lot time. Maybe stop the clock as they get set up? Enjoy watching rugby a lot though.
  • Get in you boys from the Land of the Rising Sun...

• Exactly the result the tournament needed, you always need the home team to do well, or at least better than expected
  • Waled 10 Aus 5 after 20 mins
  • edited September 2019
    Waled 10 Aus 5 after 20 mins
    Nicely poised game - 10-8 after half an hour.  
  • edited September 2019
    Waled 10 Aus 5 after 20 mins
    Nicely poised game - 10-8 after half an hour.  
    Less so now -  21-8 
  • edited September 2019
    Caught them napping and left the Aussies for dust with that try...must be a national trait for the men from down under to take ages to get their act into gear...
  • Sponsored links:

• These drop goals are killing the Aussies
  • McBobbin said:
    These drop goals are killing the Aussies
    Surprised drop goals seem to have gone out of fashion .. Johnny Wilkinson thrived on them. 
  • stonemuse said:
    McBobbin said:
    Surprised drop goals seem to have gone out of fashion .. Johnny Wilkinson thrived on them. 
    I remember in the 1999 World Cup South Africa knocked up 5 drop goals in half an hour against England.
  • The Aussies are still dangerous with their power runners.
  • stonemuse said:
    McBobbin said:
    I remember in the 1999 World Cup South Africa knocked up 5 drop goals in half an hour against England.
    De Beer wasn't it? 
  • McBobbin said:
    stonemuse said:
    McBobbin said:
    De Beer wasn't it? 
    Correct. 
  • Aus 25-26 wales going to last 10
  • Well done Wales!!

• Wooooo hooooo!
    Happy Hubby.
  • Didn’t expect that, good game to watch 
  • Sponsored links:

• Good game - Wales just hung on.
    Opens up who England could play in Quarters - more like Australia now - assuming of course that we top the Group !
  • Great game that, well done boyo's
  • Would we prefer to play Aus or Wales in quarters...?
  • MrOneLung said:
    Would we prefer to play Aus or Wales in quarters...?
    I think it will depend on the injuries to key players in both the Aussie or Welsh team, but a titanic clash awaits in this superb WC which has caught fire with the hosts beating the Irish.
  • Scotland 20 Samoa 0 HT

Scotland playing themselves possibly into a quarter final spot. If they win this, with maybe a bonus point, then they have Russia and Japan left. Not sure that Japan could do it again, and possibly see Scotland beating them.
  • Scotland 20 Samoa 0 HT

Scotland playing themselves possibly into a quarter final spot. If they win this, with maybe a bonus point, then they have Russia and Japan left. Not sure that Japan could do it again, and possibly see Scotland beating them.
    Personally think Japan go in favourites against Scotland. Don't think the Irish performance was a fluke at all 
  • Scotland 20 Samoa 0 HT

Personally think Japan go in favourites against Scotland. Don't think the Irish performance was a fluke at all 
    id probably agree with Japan being slight favourites with the added luxury of home advantage but still think it'll be us and ireland that get out the group   
  • Sunday 13th October Japan v Scotland
  • Samoa are shit !
    Penalty they kick off for a line-out and he kicks it behind the corner flag !
  • Sunday 13th October Japan v Scotland
    that's just four days after we play russia which, if we have a decent win and no injuries, is better than waiting eight days between games like the Japanese