Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Live - PODCAST AVAILABLE - Reaction to Birmingham with Lee Bowyer + your views

edited September 2019 in General Charlton
Listen live via our website here - http://www.charltonlive.co.uk/listen-live/ or if that doesn't work, via the tune in website here - https://tunein.com/radio/Charlton-Live-s268151/ - or via the Tune In app on your mobile phone/tablet.

Join us live at 7pm or via the podcast after as we look back at the defeat against Birmingham. We'll hear the highlights of the game and also have an exclusive interview with Lee Bowyer where he talks about the game and his late red card. 

Also - after the Blues bench launched an additional ball onto the pitch in order to waste time yesterday - we're asking for your memories of other instances where teams have deployed some extreme gamesmanship against us, or times we've dished it out to the opposition. 

We'd love to hear your views on yesterday's game, Bowyer's red card and also how we'll do as we have to cope without Lyle Taylor for the next few weeks. Let us know your thoughts below.

Contact the studio - 

Email studio@charltonlive.co.uk
tweet @CharltonLive 
or Comment in this thread

Comments

• edited September 2019
    Good evening gentlemen.

1 defeat in 7 matches is amazing in this division.

Lee was right to say that we shouldn’t get too carried away, but as supporters who can blame us, the last 5 years until recently have been pants!

However yesterday I didn’t think we looked like scoring a goal in a month of Sunday’s.

Birmingham, did a number on us, I felt for the fans , and the former players / manager visiting, that had to sit through that.

I hope Lee Bowyer was able to have a word with Alan Curbishley and pick up a few tips.

We've got a tough run of games coming up, and we got to learn to win with or without Lyle, other players simply have to step up if we are going to pick up points.

Yesterday was like playing the equivalent of a ‘Midlands Millwall’ I hope Birmingham sink without trace and get relegated, they tried every trick in the book to con the ref, don’t get me started on him!
  • Gamesmanship for: Mark Kinsellas corners that were never taken from the correct place.
  • edited September 2019
    Has LB actually said a few weeks ? I’ve heard it’s a much more serious injury than what’s being let on - not that much is being said at all. 
    It’s a good job we’ve got points on the board because Taylor will be extremely hard to replace as he is much more than just a striker.
  • Has LB actually said a few weeks ? I’ve heard it’s a much more serious injury than what’s being let on - not that much is being said at all. 
    It’s a good job we’ve got points on the board because Taylor will be extremely hard to replace as he is much more than just a striker.
    Bow said "a few weeks" yesterday. He wasn't happy to put a timeframe on it yet 
  • Has LB actually said a few weeks ? I’ve heard it’s a much more serious injury than what’s being let on - not that much is being said at all. 
    He doesn't even know how many weeks until treatment starts...Im guessing December. 

“I’m not going to chuck any figures out there because we don’t know for sure yet. We know that he isn’t going to be back in the next few weeks so he’s going to miss a run of games. we won’t know how many until he starts getting treatment and starts trying to make himself better but we’re going to miss him for sure.”
  • What length of ban will Seb get for his comments to the referee?
  • edited September 2019
    Rumours doing the roiunds it 2-3 months that Taylor will be out for
  • Funny 'cheats'?

The Leicester programme throwing game with Steve Brown trying to avoid the sending off for a definite red card by pretending to be shot by a sniper from the heights.

We all knew he should be sent off but were hoping that the ref would feel sorry for him for his career ending injury.

He was in the starting eleven the following week.
  • Someone I know (ahem) blew an old 'thunderer' whistle in the Middlesboro game during one of the protest games.

The 'Boro players stopped immediately and we went on and scored.
  • edited September 2019
    shine166 said:
    Has LB actually said a few weeks ? I’ve heard it’s a much more serious injury than what’s being let on - not that much is being said at all. 
    He doesn't even know how many weeks until treatment starts...Im guessing December. 

“I’m not going to chuck any figures out there because we don’t know for sure yet. We know that he isn’t going to be back in the next few weeks so he’s going to miss a run of games. we won’t know how many until he starts getting treatment and starts trying to make himself better but we’re going to miss him for sure.”
    So he said it ISN'T going to be a few weeks . That tally’s up with what I’ve heard . 
  • Sponsored links: