Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Blades to sign Sharp for 1.5m

edited June 2007 in General Charlton
2m fee less 0.5m they are due back on the 25% sell on they agreed when he left them for Scunthorpe. Very good deal in my opinion.

Comments

• Still think Varney is a good deal, from what I've seen he's a far more rounded player then Sharpe or Eastwood
  • Jimmy Floyd MoneyBank was a well rounded player, and i wouldn't pay £2m for him !
  • Eastwood would be cheaper and has proved himself at Championship level. Still not happy that we have spent big money on a 3rd division player unlike 97/98 when we signed Clive who had scored a load at that level.

Clive - good record in relegated Div 2 side - scored loads for us.
    Eastwood - good record in relegated div 2 side - Will score loads for Wolves :)

Pards obviously doesnt rate him though.
  • Funny seeing as Sheff Utd (Warnock) let him go as just two seasons back. I saw him regularly at Rushden and Diamonds when on loan and he was very useful then, no surprise he was a success at Scunnie
  • Has he gone yet? Would be a steal @ 1.5mil I reckon!
  • I think the thing that most miss in these 'we should have got him' deals is that these players possibly prefer 'lif oop north', maybe they just dont want to play in London, I.E House prices, cost of living, kids settling, missus settling.

maybe a bit of a long shot but that is what I look into whe 'we have missed another one'
  • OOH those Frenchies love a piece of cold steel.