Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

@T_C_E in the programme tomorrow

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5d7b95379097b/valley-review-valley-centenary-special-on-saturday

"There is also six pages full of memories from supporters who explain what The Valley means to them and a special piece by supporter Ray Bates who tells a special story about how the Addicks’ famous home and its former groundsman helped turn his life around."

and @SE@SE7toSG3 gets in on the act too.

"...while Charlton Museum Trustee, Clive Harris, talks us through the history of the club’s association with ‘The Red, Red Robin’" 

Comments

• Are we talking about the wonderful Maurice here @TCE @Henry Irving
  • Are we talking about the wonderful Maurice here @TCE @Henry Irving
    You'll have to buy the programme to find out

PS Yes
  • Could i ask if someone would be so kind as buy an extra copy and send it it to me down here. Obviously I will cover your costs and buy you a pint 🍺 
  • T_C_E said:
    Could i ask if someone would be so kind as buy an extra copy and send it it to me down here. Obviously I will cover your costs and buy you a pint 🍺 
    I will get you a copy Ray, no charge but you can still buy me a pint : - )
  • T_C_E said:
    Could i ask if someone would be so kind as buy an extra copy and send it it to me down here. Obviously I will cover your costs and buy you a pint 🍺 
    I will get you a copy Ray, no charge but you can still buy me a pint : - )
    Thank you, I’ll get you two pints then. 😉
  • My tkt available if you want to go ya self. 
  • My tkt available if you want to go ya self. 
    Thanks mate, got a visit to do at lunchtime. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Good on you, Ray  :)
  • A lot of good stuff in the programme yesterday.

Good interview with Pearce about his role.  His comments about Sarr are food for thought.

Club Chaplin Matt Baker writes about the memorial garden which I've never visited.  Would be a good project for CL to support when the day comes.

Lots of good Valley photos including one said to be from 1907 which would be from before it was the Valley.

The Red, Red, Robin history was very good although I wasn't surprised that @SE7toSG3 managed to get a mention of the Gallipoli campaign in there.

Lots of "what the Valley means to me" comments from fans too.

And a book review too plus our @T_C_E in colour.
  • Now that the match day is over and those that purchase programmes would have already done so. Is there any intention to produce an on-line version of the programme for those that live in the modern world and that try to protect the rain forest? 
  • Solidgone said:
    Now that the match day is over and those that purchase programmes would have already done so. Is there any intention to produce an on-line version of the programme for those that live in the modern world and that try to protect the rain forest? 
    I'm sure telling the programme guys they don't live in the modern world and aren't protecting the rain forest will be just the encouragement they need to do an online version :smile:
  • edited September 2019

• Solidgone said:
    Now that the match day is over and those that purchase programmes would have already done so. Is there any intention to produce an on-line version of the programme for those that live in the modern world and that try to protect the rain forest? 
    The programme is part and parcel of the football experience.
  • Solidgone said:

Is that a poster or placard?

Shameless waste of our precious earth's resources.