Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Guitar Experts on here?

2»

Comments

• milo said:
    If you take a look at the list on the other thread about most influential guitarists, this one: 

https://m.ranker.com/crowdranked-list/the-greatest-guitarists-of-all-time

6 of the top 10 played strats or super-strat copies.  Not that the strat is my favourite guitar but there must be something good about them for six of the ‘best’ guitarists in the world chose them.

These guys own hundreds of guitars between them. I bet they all own at least one Strat, just at they all own a Gibson Les Paul, a Fender Telecaster and a Martin D-45.
  • PopIcon said:
    milo said:
    If you take a look at the list on the other thread about most influential guitarists, this one: 

https://m.ranker.com/crowdranked-list/the-greatest-guitarists-of-all-time

6 of the top 10 played strats or super-strat copies.  Not that the strat is my favourite guitar but there must be something good about them for six of the ‘best’ guitarists in the world chose them.

These guys own hundreds of guitars between them. I bet they all own at least one Strat, just at they all own a Gibson Les Paul, a Fender Telecaster and a Martin D-45.

Yes you’re completely right, I agree, I was going by the photographs that accompanied each entry - most were them standing on stage, covered in sweat, strange sex face to accompany the solo they were playing.  Which suggests it might be their ‘workhorse’ guitar.  

Although as I said earlier, The photo of Steve Miller is actually Bobby Moore (wearing a West Ham kit) so I’m not sure you can totally trust whoever was compiling the pictures.  Plus the picture of a Jimmy Page he has the double necked guitar which I think he only used to play Stairway to a Heaven.  So maybe whoever made the list just loves strats (and West Ham).
  • I'm selling one of these if anyone's interested 
    Why are you selling it? You need to get yourself down here to the open mic.