Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Simon Walton & Chris Perry

edited October 2006 in General Charlton
Went to Ipswich vs. West Brom at the weekend as I was up visiting some friends and they had a spare ST, so thought I'd report back on our new lad and an old lad.

Despite losing 5-1 Walton was the only player for Ipswich that had any telling contribution and this was despite Ipswich's midfield being over run time after time. Made some good tackles, doesn't pull out of a challenge and played the simple ball well. If I have any criticism is that his final ball can be a little poor but I guess that will come. Good engine and is rated highly by all the Ipswich fans I spoke to.

Chris Perry - Was just like watching the CP of 2/3 seasons ago. Hardly ever beaten in the air despite playing against taller oppo, good positional play and tackled well. Very unlucky with the OG he scored, which was fired at him with pace and deflected off him 20 odd yards from goal. Freak goal! We could have done with his experience in the current side.

Comments

• How was his Temper Dan? I would of thought with them getting hammered he would have been flying into tackles!
  • Seemed OK actually. You could tell he was getting frustrated and went in for a few tasty challenges but didn't look as though he was gonna ever do anything stupid
  • Were WBA that good or ITFC that bad. Championship seems wide open to any team that can put a run together. Even if Cardiff are six points clear
  • i don't know if the bar has been raised by the premiership and champions league without us really realising it, but ALL football i have seen outside the top division has been incredibly bad in terms of technical ability this season so far.
  • edited October 2006
    A combination of both.

Ipswich had no pace anywhere in the team and struggled to break down what is essentially a prem level defence. WBA had pace in Kamara and the ability of Kevin Phillips, who at this level can still be very dangerous.

Agreed Smudge. WBA played the ball on the deck, but all the other games Ive seen have been long ball affairs
  • What were the fans like CharDan??? Both Home and away???
  • Needless to say Ipswich were quiet and Albion were having a rare old time. This was their biggest away win since..... yep Charlton!

Think I may start following them away as they always seem to score a bucket load of goals.