Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Birmingham | Sat 14 Sept | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• I think this could be a Sarr type game as Birmingham have no pace and we are at home. But agree, it would be hard to drop Pearce.
  • I see their manager has said we're a physical team. Not sure if he's meant that in the usual context but I really dont get this view some opposition have of us.

2-1 to us.
  • edited September 2019
  • Sarr to play to counteract the tall Polish guy up front maybe?
    Jutkiewicz will struggle to get off the ground with Pearce's Heimlich manoeuvres.
  • Think the brummies will make it tough tomorrow 1-1 draw.
  • 3-1 to the Addicks, with a Birmingham player sent off for a second yellow for rough tackles on a unplayable Jonny Williams 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2019
    I see their manager has said we're a physical team. Not sure if he's meant that in the usual context but I really dont get this view some opposition have of us.

2-1 to us.
    Blimey, did he really?

Physical - well we do press. But the sterotype is cloggers and long ball. 

Yeah we are a team of big units that cant play football....

Josh Cullen
    Johnny Williams
    Tom Lockyer
    Conor Gallagher
    Chris Solly

We do these managers keep doing our team talks for us? 

1-1 or 2-1 charlton but we will play them off the park in terms of effective and attractive passing football.

• First goal will be so crucial as if they get it I think we will huff and puff with no wmd product. Real test of our ability but we are due a defeat. 1-0 Birmingham.
  • The Addicks win 6-0
  • The Addicks win 6-0
    What happens in the second set ?
  • Now you’re being silly 
  • Wear a peaked cap against the sun.
  • seth plum said:
    Wear a peaked cap against the sun.
    Do you think Soapboxsam has got sunstroke?
  • First game of the season for me... apologies in advance.
  • In Dubai for 9 days. Usually watch on the laptop in perth, Don’t think I’ll get to watch the game here, valley pass won’t work on phones unfortunately. 
    We’ve not been at the races after the international break before and I hope we don’t have a hangover from this one. Hope for a win, would take a draw. 1-1. 
  • Sponsored links:

• ozaddick said:
    In Dubai for 9 days. Usually watch on the laptop in perth, Don’t think I’ll get to watch the game here, valley pass won’t work on phones unfortunately. 
    We’ve not been at the races after the international break before and I hope we don’t have a hangover from this one. Hope for a win, would take a draw. 1-1. 
    Valley Pass audio commentary works on phones abroad, ozaddick.
  • .seth plum said:
    Definitely makes a huge difference standing in the Covered End on a sunny day and beats having to shield your eyes with your hand for 90 minutes just to follow the game. 
  • ozaddick said:
    In Dubai for 9 days. Usually watch on the laptop in perth, Don’t think I’ll get to watch the game here, valley pass won’t work on phones unfortunately. 
    I think someone said it does if you use the normal (non-mobile) site in a certain browser, possibly Chrome.
  • Quick question. I've just bought my ticket for today. Usually buy early but couldn't this time so have never used the "print at home" option. Would it work if I just used my phone with the barcode scanner? As I er have no printer. Don't want to have to go early and queue for a paper ticket. 
  • 2-2 nailed on
  • I hope we come out of the blocks like we did against Forest and don’t sit back if we go two up. Hoping for a comfortable win. Oztumer to star. 
  • .seth plum said:
    Definitely makes a huge difference standing in the Covered End on a sunny day and beats having to shield your eyes with your hand for 90 minutes just to follow the game. 
    Just don't wear a Peaky Blinders style flat cap or you'll be refused entrance to home parts of the ground!
  • If LT isn't fit enough to start it would be tempting to play both Oztumer and Williams behind Hemed.

Hemed will play "between the posts" more than Taylor does and trying to pick up both of Williams and Oztumer would be a nightmare.  The problem would be starting 3 players who might have a problem completing 90 minutes.

Who would have thought Bowyer would have such choices on the 1st of August.