Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Please don't shoot the messenger.....but I think Lyle may be injured :(

Comments

• Options
    On CL today I’ve read Taylor is out until the next game, 6 weeks, 8 weeks and 6 months. Possibly some others as well can’t remember them all. The fact all these people are being told different timings means most of them don’t know anything. 
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    On CL today I’ve read Taylor is out until the next game, 6 weeks, 8 weeks and 6 months. Possibly some others as well can’t remember them all. The fact all these people are being told different timings means most of them don’t know anything. 
    Worst case scenario...
    1. Out til the transfer window
    2. No club comes in for him in Jan
    3. Scores 12 goals in the second half of the season
    4. Walks at season-end and we get no fee. :s
  • Options
    Typical charlton life.  All that hysteria for nothing 
    But this is Charlton. You do realise by training tomorrow, Bowyer really means out for 6 months! 
    Nailed it
  • Options
    I would worry about the medical facilities playing for Montserrat though, a small and fairly impoverished island
  • Options
    Garry Poole, Cory Gibbs, Kelly Youga, Lewis Page. Probably Lyle Taylor.

Thanks for everything Lyle.
  • Options
    I predict Page will play more mins this season than Taylor. 
  • Options
    I predict Page will play more mins this season than Taylor. 
    Lyle has already played 540 minutes!! (six full games)... 

Hope Lewis didnt read your post as bet he's broken into a sweat at the though of managing that many in a season ;)
  • Options
    I would worry about the medical facilities playing for Montserrat though, a small and fairly impoverished island
    This  situation seems surreal.
    Lyle plays the whole game and looks happy and unconcerned in a team photo at the end of the game and in the airport with a fan. Obviously there's an issue because that's why he flew home early.

Then before Lyle has even had a scan, some Cafc fans who state they are ITK, announce the news that Taylor could be out for months ! 

It's a shame Lyle Taylor or Cafc didn't realized it was serious as he could have been in a taxi and not making it worse on cheap old crutches.

Personally after a lost driving home, when it's patently clear that Taylor is the main man as goal scorer and most assists, I don't want to hear Bowyer say it looks bad after saying it was just precautionary and a slight knock and he might be training on Friday.

The Charlton roller coaster takes a downturn. 

• Options
    Lyle plays the whole game and looks happy and unconcerned in a team photo at the end of the game and in the airport with a fan. Obviously there's an issue because that's why he flew home early.

Then before Lyle has even had a scan, some Cafc fans who state they are ITK, announce the news that Taylor could be out for months ! 

It's a shame Lyle Taylor or Cafc didn't realized it was serious as he could have been in a taxi and not making it worse on cheap old crutches.

Personally after a lost driving home, when it's patently clear that Taylor is the main man as goal scorer and most assists, I don't want to hear Bowyer say it looks bad after saying it was just precautionary and a slight knock and he might be training on Friday.

I would assume he said they’d see how he trains on Friday in an attempt to keep Birmingham guessing
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hopefully he comes back for the Millwall game and runs riot over them 
  • Options
    For me its such a hard one to take this for the reasons mentioned above. I can imagine Lyle is not feeling great at the moment and that's after the obvious pain of the injury. 
  • Options
    We still don’t know where and when it happened and what the injury is?
  • Options

I would assume he said they’d see how he trains on Friday in an attempt to keep Birmingham guessing
    Obviously that was the reason but it just makes it more depressing when you hear the news after a defeat. I believe my other points are valid. 
  • Options
    We still don’t know where and when it happened and what the injury is?
    Given it was scanned, I'm going to gamble on a ligament injury as unless they believe he has beyond a grade 2 muscle strain
  • Options
    I hate International football! 
  • Options
    I would have expected to at least know the details of the injury by now? 

It's quite rare a club confirm they've had a scan, that the results are not good and provide no further diagnosis. 
  • Options
    i know lees hands are probably tied but cant help feeling a little bit pissed off being kept in the dark about the injury - i fear this is going to be really lengthy, the only saving grace is lyle has announced he will be doing his hair pink again for cancer charities - surely a big part of this fundraising comes from playing games etc. 
  • Options
    https://t.co/Mr95m5AubL?amp=1
    Knee ligament damage it says, but not for how long.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    https://t.co/Mr95m5AubL?amp=1
    Knee ligament damage it says, but not for how long.
    Same info that was posted on the club website on saturday, be nice to see an update.
  • Options
    Knee ligament damage varies from grade 1 to 3 and to a single or multiple number of ligaments. 
  • Options
    lyle just tweeted 

week 1 of sofa familirisation was fun... hoping for more of the same in week 2 #excited 

obvs a sarcy tweet but this is what makes me think its quite serious to not even train on it for 2 weeks minimum
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    I hope Lyle doesn't spend too long as a couch potato as the thought of him as a Peter Garland is scary.
  • Options
    The good news is we’ll probably have him until the end of the season. The bad news is he’s being treated at the Cory Gibbs memorial hospital 
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Got a huge problem with the way things are diagnosed.

Grade I is anything up to and including 10%
    Grade II is 11-90%
    Grade III is anything above 90%

I just wish when diagnosing injuries, the prognosis will be far better and accurate and treatment tailored more specifically if we just knew the % rather than categorising it.

If he has a Grade II, what is the % and what is the plan going forward? Then we can start talking and looking at when he could be back. 
  • Options
    Are we talking percentages of our "Goals scored" column,  in ratio with the grade of ligament injury ;-)
  • Options
    Have we even been told yet exactly when and how it happened, given that he played the full 90 minutes of their first game? I'm very worried that in the time between the injury happening, and the scan, he wasn't properly supervised. Maybe the injury is such that it doesn't make much difference, but I'm still bewildered that he was shuffling around Ebbsfleet on crutches, on his own, before they had properly assessed it.
  • Options
    Have we even been told yet exactly when and how it happened, given that he played the full 90 minutes of their first game? I'm very worried that in the time between the injury happening, and the scan, he wasn't properly supervised. Maybe the injury is such that it doesn't make much difference, but I'm still bewildered that he was shuffling around Ebbsfleet on crutches, on his own, before they had properly assessed it.
    Indeed.....I agree entirely.
    One can only think it was done in training.
    Pure speculation here, but I wonder what the surface was like where their training was taking place?
  • Options
    Indeed.....I agree entirely.
    One can only think it was done in training.
    Pure speculation here, but I wonder what the surface was like where their training was taking place?
    Seeing what Lyle has been commenting on recently, I would assume it’s fair to say it was 3G/4G and not natural grass.