Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is 4 Points A Successful September?

2»

Comments

• Options
    We reacted well last season. That is all we have to go on.
  • Options
    We reacted well on september 8th 2018 against coventry, as that was our last loss at home.
  • Options
    6 & dirty leeds will end our unbeaten run :-(
  • Options
    In the big picture if we get 4 points from Wigan and Birmingham, anything else would be a bonus. 

4 from the 1st to I'll be happy, 6 I would be well pleased, 5, 7 or 9 I'll really start believing 
  • Options
    Think we’ll turn over Leeds we seem to do well when no one expects us to. Wigan away can see first defeat.
  • Options
    If you end the season with two points per game or close to it, you will be there or thereabouts.
  • Options
    The next three matches will mark the end of the first 9 game block as used by Mr L Bowyer.

Last season he aimed for 18 points from each block so with 14 points so far another 4 would have us bang on target.

But after such a good start we'd all like more, that's how success increases expectations.

Personally, I think unbeaten runs can become counter-productive as sides aim to protect the run rather than win the game.  See Huddersfield in 2011/12 and their run which contained lots of draws and defeats in play-offs and they still couldn't get near Powell's side.

I think Bowyer is different as his mentality is "Just win games" (remember that reductive statement @JamesSeed : - )  ) so I think he'll try to win them all.
    Which is why you should be sitting on the bench next to Bowyer and Jackson. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    The next three matches will mark the end of the first 9 game block as used by Mr L Bowyer.

Last season he aimed for 18 points from each block so with 14 points so far another 4 would have us bang on target.

But after such a good start we'd all like more, that's how success increases expectations.

Personally, I think unbeaten runs can become counter-productive as sides aim to protect the run rather than win the game.  See Huddersfield in 2011/12 and their run which contained lots of draws and defeats in play-offs and they still couldn't get near Powell's side.

I think Bowyer is different as his mentality is "Just win games" (remember that reductive statement @JamesSeed : - )  ) so I think he'll try to win them all.
    They asked but I politely declined.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

They asked but I politely declined.
    I’ll say yes, when I finally get my chance.