Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Is the Peninsula back on?
  • Something to do on Sat afternoon so that I didn't drink uninterruptedly from 1pm to 11pm.
  • The Valley is a magical enchanted place, now sadly out of bounds due to the actions of absentee evil wizard, Roland Gelbdent.
  • Brave question by the club at this time!. Will be interesting to see what responses are actually published. Hopefully it will reflect all peoples feelings 😉.
  • Affinity, passion , belonging , family , memories , dreams , belief . . . . Covered End , East terrace.
    Memorable games : Preston NE 3-1 1975 , Chelsea 4-0 1976/77 , Stoke City1985 , Portsmouth 1992 , The Premier League years . . . And now under Bowyer every home game 👍👍 COYR 
  • What is your favourite Valley memory? So many in my 54 years supporting the famous Charlton Athletic but my favourite will be when we can wipe away all trace of the Belgian cancer.
  • If you really want to ‘really experience’ South East London, look no further than the plumes of fag smoke emanating from the North Stand bogs.
  • Is the Peninsula back on?
    I think Salford City play there now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bit of how's your father in the centre circle.  
  • An elongated lowland between ranges of mountains, hills, or other uplands, often having a river or stream running along the bottom.
  • When you think of English Football grounds for me the Valley is the most unique name of them all

Could be biased but think its by far the best sounding in its simplicity of what it is, its a ground built into the Valley of a sand and chalk pit

For me its about going somewhere on a Saturday afternoon or weeknight where I can meet up with friends that I dont actually see outside of a matchday - Its enabled me to meet some really wonderful people over the years that I've been attending and wouldnt swap it for the Peninsula Stadium regardless of how much you offered me
  • edited September 2019

My first visit to The Valley, taken there by my elder brother in 1965, a few months after our father had passed away. The first 'rite of passage' in my then young life, and one that has been a constant in my life for the 54 years since.

Then, in turn taking my boys to their first match in 1997 - their first rite of passage also.

The Valley is not a football ground - it is a cathedral. And it means the world to me.  

• A place of happy memories that I've had and yet to have.
    A place that's 'Charlton'.