Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Singing the wrong words to chants

Comments

• Options
    The first time I heard, 'Kin-Kin-Kin-Sella', I thought it was 'Keep, Keep, Keep It Up. Then I thought, hang on, that would be a very sedate football chant from 1929
  • Options
    Carter said:

Breaks down into two categories:

Intentional (normally for parental reasons)

We've deliberately been singing a version of Allez Allez, Allez since the start that leaves out the f***ing 'We are dynamite'

I tried to explain against Forest that their support were duck & sheep instead of the more agricultural version.

And its well known that many people have proclaimed that South London is full of chips and grannies.

Unintentional (ie. a bit stoopid)

We've all had people sitting near us over the years who have sung 'We are Charlton, Cupboard End / Coming In' instead of the Covered End

the latest entry is I've been staggered this season just how many people still seem to be 'on the waaaaay' to the Championship instead of the Premier League.

Anyone got any other examples of intentional / unintentional incorrect singing they've been guilty of or heard from others over the years?

I've got one mate 

Since I was young......

lol, did this prompt it?

Knew a bloke who when we sang "come onn you redddsss!!"

He would sing "we'll cum on your headddss!!"

He was a bit of a special case 

• Options
    .. I followed on...
  • Options
    Been racking my brains. My boy at a game last season during a rendition of CAFC CAFC said “Daddy why are we singing about Messi he doesn’t play for us. ? Even now I don’t think I’ve answered him. Strange 9 year old. 
  • Options

My daughter (bless her) when hearing the Allez, Allez, Allez song turns around to be and says "that's a bit out of order isn't it?" Me being rather puzzled says 'What is?' to which she responds........

'The line that goes "Now we've got Ebola we're 'F******g gonna die".... Proper cracked me up...

She's 'only' 23!! 

Thats the winner
  • Options
    Guy next to me used to sing:

"Chris Solly Solly, he's only 5 ft 3, he's better when on tele, Chris Solly Solly"

Also when I was younger I used to sing the Steve Brown song.... "Oh Stevie Brown won't let you down, he's got a name like a colour, oh Stevie Brown wont let you down"

I still don't know what the real words were.
  • Options

"Chris Solly Solly, he's only 5 ft 3, he's better when on tele, Chris Solly Solly"

Also when I was younger I used to sing the Steve Brown song.... "Oh Stevie Brown won't let you down, he's got a name like a colour, oh Stevie Brown wont let you down"

Full of red, white and Charlton. Well it was when we made it up in a pub somewhere. 
  • Options
    Going back some years, I thought that “and now you’re going to believe us” of the “we’re gonna win the league” chant was “and Harry won’t believe us”. I thought this was a reference to the captain, Harry Gregory. I could never work out why Harry was such a pessimist and, frankly, why on earth he should be captain if he thought we couldn’t win the league.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reminds me of Chelsea fans

GEOFFREY wherever you may be...
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Full of red, white and Charlton. Well it was when we made it up in a pub somewhere. 
    I always thought it was ‘grit, fight and Charlton’ 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Oh sod it - I’m sticking to ‘he’s got a name like a colour’
  • Options
    Valley Floyd road, oh miss, rolling in from the Thames,  my desire is always to be here..etc"
  • Options
    A chap behind me always used to shout 'chips' to cover up the end of the Hovis Ad song for his nipper.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

I always thought it was "in the red and white of Charlton "

Perhaps we should ask Brownie what he prefers  :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Late 90's, away at QPR, a friend came with me who is not really 'into' football. A long and loud rendition of "Red Army" eventually finished, he asked me who Fred is? 
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    My old man, it transpires, has got a few minor words in TRRR slightly wrong since I was very little, and I now have no idea what the actual lyrics are (and am now desperately re-educating myself):

- "... when he starts throbbin' his old sweet song" (should be own)

- "What if I feel blue" (I've been)

- "I'm like a kid again" (just)

I definitely misheard this one when I was little, but "live long laugh and be happy" (so this one almost certainly wasn't his fault!). 
    Whoa - it’s “own sweet song”? Genuinely always though it was “old”.
  • Options

My daughter (bless her) when hearing the Allez, Allez, Allez song turns around to me and says "that's a bit out of order isn't it?" Me being rather puzzled says 'What is?' to which she responds........

'The line that goes "Now we've got Ebola we're 'F******g gonna die".... Proper cracked me up...

She's 'only' 23!! 

Literally crying with laughter over here. It's a good job my neighbours are at work, or they'd think I'd totally lost the plot with the manic cackling emanating from my flat in the last 5 minutes.
  • Options
    `We're gonna get our fuckin' heads kicked in'

Leeds at home.
  • Options

Breaks down into two categories:

Intentional (normally for parental reasons)

We've deliberately been singing a version of Allez Allez, Allez since the start that leaves out the f***ing 'We are dynamite'

I tried to explain against Forest that their support were duck & sheep instead of the more agricultural version.

And its well known that many people have proclaimed that South London is full of chips and grannies.

Unintentional (ie. a bit stoopid)

We've all had people sitting near us over the years who have sung 'We are Charlton, Cupboard End / Coming In' instead of the Covered End

the latest entry is I've been staggered this season just how many people still seem to be 'on the waaaaay' to the Championship instead of the Premier League.

Anyone got any other examples of intentional / unintentional incorrect singing they've been guilty of or heard from others over the years?

Its full of Chips, The Valley and Charlton
    Haha will sing this from now on. Up the ‘addicks! 
  • Options
    When I first started supporting Charlton, I thought Red army was Who are we
  • Options
    When I first started supporting Charlton, I thought Red army was Who are we
    You want the Now we are getting older thread. 
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    My hearing is not the best I admit but does anyone else find the diction of the singing almost impossible to follow?

I simply cannot identify the words to the songs other than the odd one.
    So that would be

Valley ... Road, ... mist ... in ... the ..., my ... is ... to ... found ... Valley ... Road.