Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bolton 2019/2020

Comments

• Options
    Did they get punished for missing the Brentford game yet?
    No. Cheating bastards. In my mind they should be on -14 at the moment. Wont happen though as the "fans have had enough stress as it is"......of whatever the bollox that was given at the time about West Ham fans after the Tevez affair.
    That may be so, BUT the fans are the ones suffering in all this.  They are not to blame.
  • Options
    Not fair on the teams that have to play the new Bolton when teams that played them already played against the kids

This all day long. 3 straight 5.0 defeats gifting these teams 3 points and a big goals for swing. Also, note home game against us switched to a Monday night on SKY
  • Options
    No. Cheating bastards. In my mind they should be on -14 at the moment. Wont happen though as the "fans have had enough stress as it is"......of whatever the bollox that was given at the time about West Ham fans after the Tevez affair.
    That may be so, BUT the fans are the ones suffering in all this.  They are not to blame.
    You're right, however, they enjoyed the good times, watching their team play the big boys, in Europe, Wembley whereas fans of other clubs who lived within their means never had those experiences so the fact their fans are suffering balances it out for me
  • Options
    You're right, however, they enjoyed the good times, watching their team play the big boys, in Europe, Wembley whereas fans of other clubs who lived within their means never had those experiences so the fact their fans are suffering balances it out for me
    Totally disagree.

Try telling this to a Bolton or a Bury fan.
  • Options
    Not a case of whose to blame. It's the rules. Failure to fulfill a fixture. Couldnt give a toss why that was. 
  • Options
    They are dead and buried imo, especially when they get a further deduction for not turning up for the Donny game. No sympathy for any teams that flout the rules. In the prem too long because they cheated. 
    is there a precedent of someone being deducted points that means the EFL cant not deduct points?

if not i reckon the EFL will let them off with a warning.
    No, but the Premier League (as was in 1997) gave Middlesbrough a three point deduction, which relegated them.

And they'd been in constant contact with the League over the issues, (http://miniboro.com/the-three-point-fiasco-steve-gibsons-letter), unlike Bolton who just called the game off because of concerns over the welfare of their younger players.
  • Options
    Not a case of whose to blame. It's the rules. Failure to fulfill a fixture. Couldnt give a toss why that was. 
    Read what @snowinberlin is saying regards THE FANS.

I am not contesting any punishment of the club.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Beating Rotherham 1-0 early on at The New York Stadium
  • Options
    Didnt last 1-1
  • Options
    2-1 Rotherham
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Took 2,600 fans to Rotherham today. I know it's only down the road but given their situation that's a great effort.

Scored their first league goal in 12 games.........but lost 6-1.
  • Options
    Going to be embarrassing to be honest, getting smashed every week makes a mockery of the league, even worse now because of Bury too. Should never have been allowed to play any games until their situation was sorted.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Going to be embarrassing to be honest, getting smashed every week makes a mockery of the league, even worse now because of Bury too. Should never have been allowed to play any games until their situation was sorted.
    TBH now they have been saved, and know they will be relegated regardless, I bet a lot of their fans have some great away days. Obviously the best away days are when the result really matters and you win, the worst are when it really matters and you loose.  Some of my favourite away days where when you knew that what ever the result it wouldn't really change your season. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Sage said:
    TBH now they have been saved, and know they will be relegated regardless, I bet a lot of their fans have some great away days. Obviously the best away days are when the result really matters and you win, the worst are when it really matters and you loose.  Some of my favourite away days where when you knew that what ever the result it wouldn't really change your season. 
    Great chance for their fans to complete as many of the 92 as possible. Have they ever been in the 4th tier before?
  • Options
    1 season 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Sage said:
    Hull 6-0
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Sage said:
    Hull 6-0
    Think that could still have changed our season mate, think we could have still stayed up then........ Hence it hurt 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Sage said:
    Hull 6-0
    Think that could still have changed our season mate, think we could have still stayed up then........ Hence it hurt 
    Did you still think we'd stay up after the game?
  • Options
    Didnt we go on to beat Rotherham 4-1 who stayed up in our place?
  • Options
    16 points off safety its also the psychological of winning games and still being firmly bottom, draws aren't going to help them much. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got back to back draws against Sunderland today

Missed out on all three points after Sunderland were awarded a 92nd min penalty!!
  • Options
    edited September 2019

Missed out on all three points after Sunderland were awarded a 92nd min penalty!!
    How is Jack Ross still in a job?
  • Options
    Croydon said:

How is Jack Ross still in a job?
    Days could be numbered if this Takeover hasnt been completed yet

If so then would DEFINITELY question how he's still in a job

Is far too defensively minded, rather than going for the jugular would prefer to protect a single goal lead

Very typical of Russell Slade when he was in charge of us
  • Options
    Really impressed how Hill has managed to create a solid unit out of his rag bag of players, some serious coaching needed to do that
  • Options
    18 points off safety already 
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Signed Joe Dodoo

✍🏻 Bolton Wanderers are delighted to confirm that striker @36Dodoo has signed a deal until the end of the 19/20 @SkyBetLeagueOne season, subject to clearance.

#BWFC 🐘🏰
  • Options
    Signed Joe Dodoo

✍🏻 Bolton Wanderers are delighted to confirm that striker @36Dodoo has signed a deal until the end of the 19/20 @SkyBetLeagueOne season, subject to clearance.

#BWFC 🐘🏰
    Saw him score on debut in the high scoring away win at Oldham two seasons ago and he caused us a few problems in last season's defeat at Blackpool still beggars can't be choosers.
  • Options
    2-0 up at Bristol Rovers, win puts them just 18-pts from safety

With two games in hand on MK Dons