Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Song Book

I used to be in the ‘Covered End Choir’ during the mid to late seventies when there were only a handful of us and we only had a hand full of songs

The covered end choir today is absolutely fantastic, what support, so many great songs, which I’m afraid I don’t know all the words to.

Is there a chance of any of you guys putting down the lyrics to some of them, so we can all fully join in?

Many thanks

COYR

Comments

• Options
    1) Come on you Reds

2) Red Army

3) Shall we sing a song for you

4) You don't know what you're doing

5) (clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap) Charlton 
  • Options
    6) C A F C
  • Options

Lol, Yes thank you, I think even at my age I can understand the words to these.

• Options
    edited September 2019

I used to be in the ‘Covered End Choir’ during the mid to late seventies when there were only a handful of us and we only had a hand full of songs

The covered end choir today is absolutely fantastic, what support, so many great songs, which I’m afraid I don’t know all the words to.

Is there a chance of any of you guys putting down the lyrics to some of them, so we can all fully join in?

Many thanks

COYR

Won't do a song book as that is very very palarse, but happy to tell you the words on here (as I'm sure others would be too).

Any new songs in particular you're struggling with?
  • Options
    A Charlton song book.

Sounds like a Palace thing to do 

No need to be funny, genuine question from OP. They obviously meant they wanted the lyrics and if there is any site/ or can people share so they can learn them.

• Options
    You might be able to help,  on that 70's 80's and 90's DVD of a few years back, there is a corus of 'you'll never walk alone' on a seventies game, being very young at the time I can't remember that breaking out, please confirm that song didn't catch on, thanks concerned Jon.
  • Options
    You might have trouble doing "Knees up Mother Brown!" with all those bleddy seats in the way.

It was the song we all sang down in the Covered End late 60s/70s every time we scored.

We would all link together in a long line doing the knees up, tumbling into the lines of lads below on the terrace steps doing the same.

Terrific atmosphere under the old low Covered End roof, with the standing terracing.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

The most popular song that is sung by the whole stadium (in fact, even the west stand get on their feet for this one) starts off like this:

Your sister is your mother...……..

• Options

The most popular song that is sung by the whole stadium (in fact, even the west stand get on their feet for this one) starts off like this:

Your sister is your mother...……..

The wittiest and original song ever, sung to all fans from Brentford to Sunderland 
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Just look at any other club's song book and change; the clubs name to Charlton, the colour to red and Harry Maguire to Oshilaja...
  • Options
    My, my, you are a sarcastic lot! Genuine question from OP. Must be the busy, stressful lives CAFC fans lead. ;)
  • Options
    Goodbye horse (I would write the words but they're pretty complicated)
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    A Charlton song book.

Sounds like a Palace thing to do 
    what, wanting to know the words to songs so you can join in and help the atosphere be even better ?

its a thread on a forum, not an actual book ffs

after almost every single game this season the fans have been praised by players for the atmosphere.

whats the 'highlight' for you ?
  • Options
    We roll our own,
    We roll our own
    Sausage in pastry
    We roll our own. 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    To heart of glass

Maddison, what what a beautiful pass
    Oztumer, what a wonderful pass.
    Chucks upfront