Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The 100

Comments

• Options
    Michael Vaughan criticises the lack of English coaches appointed so far .. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/49442509
    But muh nasser Hussain said it was good 🥴🥴🥴 I didn’t realise Lehman had been appointed at Leeds, surely he shouldn’t have a coaching career after what happened in Australia?
  • Options
    edited September 2019

Oh oh, here we go, cant think of anything constructive against the argument, so post the most stupid Simpsons JPG.
    Doesnt look good on you - who looks stupid now ??

Or Canters for LOL'ing it - you should know better.
    Says the guy who has given zero responses to any of the criticisms of the hundred... definitely a troll. Admins ban please. 
    Have you bothered to read the thread ?

It really is a trait of this forum to try to ridicule anyone who has opinions other than the norm. It is a really childish thing.
    Nah, just ridicule anyone who can't contribute to a discussion constructively, other than "bE mOrE pOsItIvE gUiZe".

What are your responses to my criticisms?
    Kent - i think you should go back to your lego and chill out.
    What are your responses to my criticisms, @The_President?
    Sorry i didnt answer, i was busy cycling home from work.

Did you get your tricycle back home ok?
    And did you ask your mum for that chill pill too ?
  • Options
    To be fair, reading this at the end, it looks like you've replied within minutes to every other post on this thread. Had a quiet afternoon? 
  • Options
    To be fair, reading this at the end, it looks like you've replied within minutes to every other post on this thread. Had a quiet afternoon? 
    well he is the Prez .. with a staff of hundreds ((:>)
  • Options
    The Leeds based side just effectively guaranteed getting Ben Stokes.  From BBC website...

At least one England Test player will be signed to each of the eight men's teams competing in The Hundred, the new 100-ball competition starting in 2020.

Each city-based side will first have the chance to select one England player based in their catchment area.

Teams without a contracted player in their region will then get to pick one of those left unassigned.

Each side can then select up to two more England players from their area before a player draft on 20 October.

The system for England player selection means that, for example, Joe Root, Jonny Bairstow and Ben Stokes are all available to be selected first by the Leeds-based team which represents Yorkshire and Durham.

The two not picked could end up being snapped up by another franchise before the Leeds-based team gets another opportunity to sign them, but it is a possibility that all three could play in the same side.

so what about the England games going on at the same time? Does that mean the England team will be made up of players not in the 100? Can the ECB get any more stupid?
  • Options
    Skipped a page or so 

we can have Starc v Kohli now in the T20
    why is it more likely in The 100 ?
  • Options
    The following is an accurate assessment of the foolish franchise proposal. They’re so desperate that they’re including the matches in the Surrey membership package at no extra cost!
    Anyway the following is a cracking read...
    http://www.themiddlestump.co.uk/2019/08/the-small-guys.html
  • Options

Oh oh, here we go, cant think of anything constructive against the argument, so post the most stupid Simpsons JPG.
    Doesnt look good on you - who looks stupid now ??

Or Canters for LOL'ing it - you should know better.
    Says the guy who has given zero responses to any of the criticisms of the hundred... definitely a troll. Admins ban please. 
    Have you bothered to read the thread ?

It really is a trait of this forum to try to ridicule anyone who has opinions other than the norm. It is a really childish thing.
    Nah, just ridicule anyone who can't contribute to a discussion constructively, other than "bE mOrE pOsItIvE gUiZe".

What are your responses to my criticisms?
    Kent - i think you should go back to your lego and chill out.
    What are your responses to my criticisms, @The_President?
    Sorry i didnt answer, i was busy cycling home from work.

Did you get your tricycle back home ok?
    And did you ask your mum for that chill pill too ?

Chill out mate, stop with the petty personal insults and get back to the thread.

what are your responses to my criticisms @The_President
  • Options
    yeah, a bit childish....innit !!?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Last week at work - things are a bit chilled :)
    Then off 'home' - you'll know what that means - very excited.
  • Options
    yeah, a bit childish....innit !!?
    What’s your response to my criticisms of the 100 @The_President?
  • Options
    Steve Smith makes himself available to The 100 (amongst others)..

https://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/49887057
  • Options
    Steve Smith makes himself available to The 100 (amongst others)..

https://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/49887057
    the 'draft' process makes the NFL equivalent look uncomplicated in comparison .. Warner is also 'available'
  • Options
    Did the Central Contractors get the option to opt out of this tournament ?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    MrOneLung said:

what ! and miss the chance of a right good earner ?
  • Options
    Just waiting for Canters to come in with his reasoned opinions !!
  • Options
    I pretty much agree with all of Canters posts on this subject.

• Options
    so Eoin, are you saying you will not play the too long format of the T20 BLAST next season

Speaking earlier in the summer, Morgan said: "The Hundred, yes, I do think we need it. We need one franchise-based tournament, with fewer teams, in order to consistently sell the game to the country.

"Anybody I speak to who loves sport but doesn't necessarily love cricket is crying out for a tournament that he or she understands, because 18 teams going for a long period of time just doesn't make sense to anybody.

• Options
    When he does I will probably agree with him.
    He knows his stuff does young canters 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When he does I will probably agree with him.
    He knows his stuff does young canters 
    Granted he does B72, but he does go OTT with the negative stuff. Embrace it, its here to stay, at least in the short term, ....you never know you might enjoy it !
  • Options
    The hundred is up there with the Stanford super series. I could probably be tempted with a freebie to the oval on a Friday for a drink up, but I won't care about the cricket
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    The hundred is up there with the Stanford super series. I could probably be tempted with a freebie to the oval on a Friday for a drink up, but I won't care about the cricket
    Ouch, If you are not interested in the cricket, then why not give it to someone who is ?!
    Its a bit selfish  tbh. (and maybe a tad childish too).
  • Options
    English (and don't forget the Taffs) pro cricket is well due an overhaul and re-assessment if it wants to remain relevant to contemporary society. It's just a pity that the 100 looks to be the first step along the readjustment path
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    Ouch, If you are not interested in the cricket, then why not give it to someone who is ?!
    "...for a drink up..."  
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    Most of the people who go to the Oval for 20 20 aren't interested in the cricket. Why do you think 100 will be any different? 
  • Options
    Tell you what, i'll ignore the views of Root and Vaughan and Giles and Morgs and listen to Canters and McB,
    Or i'll stand outside the gate at the Oval pick up my free ticket from McB as he would prefer to go to Canterbury to watch Stevens bowl to Cobb, whilst i watch Rabada bowling to Ben Stokes. 
     Thanks McB
  • Options
    redman said:
    McBobbin said:
    Most of the people who go to the Oval for 20 20 aren't interested in the cricket. Why do you think 100 will be any different? 
    Very true, Drives me crazy - worse when Kent are playing.

Dont you think that might change if Rabada is bowling to Stokes , and not Stevens to Rikki Clarke?
  • Options
    pretty much the full SP in this article .. no English coaches/managers, just disgraceful

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/49716478
  • Options
    pretty much the full SP in this article .. no English coaches/managers, just disgraceful

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/49716478
    Pretty similar to IPL. (im not saying its right btw).
    I suppose its a case of these being new teams and all the 'elite' English coaches are already employed by the counties.