Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So, can we keep it up?

2»

Comments

• Options
    I think we will really know our true situation once we see the Leeds result.
  • Options
    On paper I didnt think we had a tough start. Forest and brentford have been nothing more than middle table sides for the last few years. Saying that the team we've put together and the way we are playing we look very good. If we can maintain it then who knows where we will end up.

Loanees wise. I dont believe we have anything to worry about. If west ham are struggling come January they strike me as a club to spend 20mil on someone from the French league than recall Cullen. Gallagher is too young and will be better served going through a full season in a mans league. West brom duo,  again I cant see it. No reason why but i feel they've set there stall out by loaning them in the first place.

Either way this is the best Charlton side I've seen in years, long may it continue and long may we enjoy it.
  • Options
    The risk in January is West ham selling Cullen to a Derby type club and WBA recalling Field. 

The Taylor situation is out of Bowyer's hands now.

If/when the go I hope its in the 1st 2 weeks of January not rushing round at the 11th hour to find replacements. 
  • Options
    No, I was always happy if we avoided relegation.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    The risk in January is West ham selling Cullen to a Derby type club and WBA recalling Field. 

The Taylor situation is out of Bowyer's hands now.

If/when the go I hope its in the 1st 2 weeks of January not rushing round at the 11th hour to find replacements. 
    Will only be worried about this is if Bowyer / Gallen dont have a replacement lined up ready in case it happens

Herbie Kane would probably be the ideal replacement for Josh Cullen

West Ham can only recall him until the 15th January, worst case is we'll be without his replacement for the Swansea / FA Cup / West Brom games in January - Ideal scenario is that West Ham will give us plenty of warning so we can get Kane lined up and signed the moment that Cullen goes off to join his new club (as we all know he's not going to be recalled to play for West Ham)

Do wonder in a way if we'll sell Lyle Taylor in January yet come the end of the window be in almost a better position (like the Dijksteel money)

i.e. If we can replace Taylor's goals (especially with someone younger) and at least sign Cullen on a permanent basis then its another good piece of business
  • Options
    On paper I didnt think we had a tough start. Forest and brentford have been nothing more than middle table sides for the last few years. Saying that the team we've put together and the way we are playing we look very good. If we can maintain it then who knows where we will end up.

Loanees wise. I dont believe we have anything to worry about. If west ham are struggling come January they strike me as a club to spend 20mil on someone from the French league than recall Cullen. Gallagher is too young and will be better served going through a full season in a mans league. West brom duo,  again I cant see it. No reason why but i feel they've set there stall out by loaning them in the first place.

Either way this is the best Charlton side I've seen in years, long may it continue and long may we enjoy it.

The point with Cullen is that West Ham can recall and sell him for a few £m's rather than let him walk for free in the summer. From their perspective it's the logical move. 
  • Options

The point with Cullen is that West Ham can recall and sell him for a few £m's rather than let him walk for free in the summer. From their perspective it's the logical move. 
    If that happens, it won't be a 31st January recall. They'll bring him back at the start of January to maximise the time they have to sell him

Maybe we'll loan out Morgan and JFC until January (or for the season with a recall notice), and after a good L1 spell one of them can indirectly replace Cullen? It's possible that in January we'll want to use the loan space elsewhere, as we're bound to pick up a key injury between now and then and may need a different position filling.

• Options
    Maybe we will be sold and will buy him. Lots of things can happen. In the meantime, lets keep on winning.
  • Options
    All the talk about loanee’s , more worried about our Manager - if there is a time for him to go and prove himself at a higher level - right now is the perfect storm for us.

Lets hope Steve Bruce wins a couple of games....