Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Stay Out Number 20, Your Time Is Not Up.

Comments

• It is a monitoring thing. There will be times when he can play two games in a week, clearly. And also times when he needs a rest.
    That’s it. I think Bowyer has managed him well - Robinson overplayed him and he had some average performances and then missed the last 8-10 games
  • Never could understand the criticism he got,Same as Jacko,people wrote him off at 32-33,but,like Solly,we always seem to be a better side with them in the team.
  • Yes,very good today.
  • Love Sols. Proper Charlton
  • He was great, so good to see. 
  • He was mustard today... 
  • Excellent game today. Good leadership too when he dragged Lockyer away from Bamford
  • Sponsored links:

• Fabulous today. Several key block, headers at the back post etc. Absolutely brilliant.

no frills
    no fuss
    just very very good at what he does
  • Has better players around him this time too so he can just concentrate on his own game and not bailing his not up to scratch team mates out.
  • There's still no better RB at the club than Solly and until there is then Solly deservedly stays in the team, at which he is also certainly there on performances this season.
  • Solly has played very well this season , today and at Reading especially.  Just a shame he can only manage one game a week . Fantastic servant of the club  , who deserved a better turnout for his testimonial  .
  • Excellent today, but then I thought he was good against Birmingham and was surprised he was dropped for Wigan
  • Solly remains an excellent player.
    That's what his PE teacher said. Have you been reading his old school report?

• Sponsored links:

• One absolutely crunching, knee testing tackle in the second half over a 50/50.  He never wavered, not in his make up.  
    Was that the one in front of the East Stand about half way line ish ....
    might even be the one when there was the mystery spin on the ball (some said it went out of play ) everyone froze,  I think it was Bonne who carried on and burst forward and the attack fizzled out 
  • One absolutely crunching, knee testing tackle in the second half over a 50/50.  He never wavered, not in his make up.  
    Was that the one in front of the East Stand about half way line ish ....
    might even be the one when there was the mystery spin on the ball (some said it went out of play ) everyone froze,  I think it was Bonne who carried on and burst forward and the attack fizzled out 
    Yeah ... not sure what happened next, think I'd closed my eyes  :|  
  • edited September 2019
    Just watched the 15 mins highlights show on Sky, commentator kept calling him Lolly.
  • There are plenty of us who have never "written him off" but only worry that his knee problems might haunt him in later life if he keeps on playing. Immense today and a captain's performance too, kept Lockyer from talking himself to an early bath.
    Interesting article with Micah Richards here who has just retired through injury

Says that Sherwood knew exactly how to manage him and his knee whilst Remi Garde fucked him over because he forced him to over work it

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49845993

Reckon Solly will have similar for the rest of his career, if his Managers have the sense to manage him properly he'll get plenty more appearances

If a twat comes in then there will be the risk of his career ending sooner rather than later
  • He had an immense game yesterday and it wasn't his first of the season.
  • Macronate said:
    Just watched the 15 mins highlights show on Sky, commentator kept calling him Lolly.
    I hope they say Solly
  • Delighted for him,loves playing for the club,good for few more seasons yet,but yes,has to be looked after.
  • Charlton through and through was such a good performance yesterday.