Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reading v Charlton | Sat 31 Aug 2019 | 3pm KO | Official Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Amos should be starting
    Phillips is number one until he loses form. 
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    We are so short on pace. Top sides will exploit that.
    Ehh??
    Leko aside, we haven’t really got anyone quick on that pitch. Reading have a lot of strong, athletic players and have skipped pass us a few times to counter 

I don’t think we’ve played badly, but a better side would’ve killed us off already.
  • Options
    This ref is absolutely fucking useless. Why is your first game in charge in England in the Championship? He looks Sunday league level.

Taylor's movement up top seems to be lacking, but that could be said for everyone. As Ladaddick has said, our lack of pace will be exploited.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Amos should be starting
    What after that save that Dillon has just made!!!

Amos was bloody horrific against Aston Villa
  • Options
    Started with the makings of a good game, but Reading looking the more threatening. We’ve grown into the game but it’s been getting increasingly scrappy. Bit too much sideways passing from us but Taylor has been well marked and we’re not getting support to him
    quickly enough to make our usual sudden transition from slow to quick passing in the final third. Game could go either way, but 0-0 also looks a real possibility right now. 
  • Options
    We didn't do too badly against Brentford last weekend ..... they are already 3-0 up at HalfTime v Derby.
  • Options
    Saw a comment or two about getting Pratley on but I think Field has done alright. Been in the right place for some clearances. Did look a bit leggy trying to get back at the end but I doubt Pratley would've been any quicker there. 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    We didn't do too badly against Brentford last weekend ..... they are already 3-0 up at HalfTime v Derby.
    Top 6 side, potentially top 2

Going to struggle to get a better 3 points than that this season.
  • Options
    Confirming ref is appalling.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Passed the ball well at times... Defence has been impressive and typically solid from Pearce again today

Midfield we've been a bit naive today - We've allowed Reading to fool the ref far too many times today

Game is definitely 50/50 at the moment and could go either way - Been a lot more impressed with Leko today compared with the Brentford game... Taylor on the other hand is being wisely marked by their centre backs so he's having less impact

Wouldnt be surprised if it ends 0-0 but then we can easily steal a goal and have the experience on the bench to complete the win for us
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Oggy Red said:
    tbh, i was very impressed with Brentford last week. Arent they in top 6 with bookies to go up?
  • Options
    Whats the bets Leko,Jonny and Field are subb'ed in 2 nd half.
  • Options
    Whats the bets Leko,Jonny and Field are subb'ed in 2 nd half.
    Yeah wouldnt be surprised

Hemed / Oztumer / Pratley their replacements
  • Options
    Hemed to come on and get his first CAFC goal. FT 0-1. You heard it here first.
  • Options
    Would definitely go Pratley for Field, just to add a bit more defensive strength.

Be tempted with Oztumer too, Williams hasn’t been at his best, but does still look dangerous around the box. 
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    He just Rugby tackled Pearce and got nothing. This ref is a joke, potentially the worst I’ve see
    I have watched Australian football on TV. Rugby tacking is permitted.
  • Options
    2nd half about to start  We need more attempts at goal.......midfield need to SHOOT.
  • Options
    When our official twitter and Mendez are tweeting about the ref that tells you everything you need to know.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    After the talk the Reading fans and that journo on the Charlton Live podcast gave, you would have been forgiven for thinking we were going to be going up against a Pep team in their pomp.

I think Reading look like one of the weaker sides we played this season, they have had some decent passages of play and probably could be a goal up, but I always feel like we are in the game.
  • Options
    We've just been shown a replay of the incident just before half-time which left Jonny Williams needing treatment. The Addicks can count themselves EXTREMELY unlucky not to have been awarded a penalty. #cafc
  • Options
    Here come the Addicks for the second half. 45 minutes to go... COME ON YOUUU REDDSSSS! #cafc
  • Options
    46' The second half is under way... #rfc 0 #cafc 0
  • Options
    Come on you reds!
  • Options
    45' Early foray forward for Charlton. Taylor tries to nod the ball into the path of Williams on the edge of the box, but it's just behind him. #rfc 0 #cafc 0
  • Options
    2nd half about to start  We need more attempts at goal.......midfield need to SHOOT.
    Ehrun good for that  sub on for William's after 75?
  • Options
    Posted at46'

Conor Gallagher (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

Posted at46'

Foul by John Swift (Reading).

• Options
    Posted at46'

Lyle Taylor (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick on the left wing.

Posted at46'

Foul by Liam Moore (Reading).

• Options
    Posted at47'

Chris Solly (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick on the right wing.

Posted at47'

Foul by Omar Richards (Reading).

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!