Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reading v Charlton | Sat 31 Aug 2019 | 3pm KO | Official Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Today's ideal scenario for me

Be leading 3-0 come 60-mins; take Solly off for Lapslie... Give the latter a chance to see if he can be our backup Right-Back and have similar versitality to Bielik last year - If forget giving Adam Matthews a contract, instead add what we were going to pay him to Lyle Taylor (on top of what he's already being paid)
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Right now it’s Pratley in games where we know we’re going to be on the back foot and Field in games where we can assert ourselves. 

Pratley is also 35, I think he’s been very good but we can’t expect a 7/10 from
    him every week.
    He has done well for a 36 year old
    You can’t forget he will be 40 in 3 years - no mean achievement to be performing at this level 
  • Options
    Anyone know why Kayal yet to feature as a starter or on bench ?
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Not fit yet is the obvious assumption - he was injured when he joined and has only just had his first 75 mins in the behind closed doors game.

Also you would have to drop Pratley from the bench to fit him in today as Lapslie is for rb cover and Oztumer is a different sort of player
  • Options
    Imagine he's not quite fit yet, his 75mins in the BCD game midweek was probably his first for a while

Not to mention, who do you remove from that bench for him - Would be harsh on any of them
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Right now it’s Pratley in games where we know we’re going to be on the back foot and Field in games where we can assert ourselves. 

Pratley is also 35, I think he’s been very good but we can’t expect a 7/10 from
    him every week.
    He has done well for a 36 year old
    You can’t forget he will be 40 in 3 years - no mean achievement to be performing at this level 
    Didn't realise he was actually 41
  • Options
    Good starting line up with a decent bench, couple of injuries who are starters but overall we have a very competitive youthful with a backbone of experience playing squad + of course a pretty decent coaching team and manager. 
  • Options
    Imagine he's not quite fit yet, his 75mins in the BCD game midweek was probably his first for a while

Not to mention, who do you remove from that bench for him - Would be harsh on any of them
    I wasn't suggesting changing bench, just wondered why he hadn't featured yet
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Southbank said:
    Midfield may lack a bit of bite without Pratley.
    He'll probably be used in the last 20 minutes to steady the ship.

Dont think field minds getting stuck in tbf
  • Options
    They've got Pele & Puscas....wow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
     Bowyer is fantastic. 
    Pearce is a proper defender
    Pratley is the Enforcer
    Solly is a legend
    Baby Beckham on the scoresheet
    Taylor is proper Charlton
    Love Jacko to bits. 

So so excited for this, had to get all my slogans out in one go !
    COYR. 
  • Options
     Bowyer is fantastic. 
    Pearce is a proper defender
    Pratley is the Enforcer
    Solly is a legend
    Baby Beckham on the scoresheet
    Taylor is proper Charlton
    Love Jacko to bits. 

So so excited for this, had to get all my slogans out in one go !
    COYR. 
    What's the tune? 
  • Options
    Great noise from the sold out away end already Let’s have it for 90 minutes today! #cafc

• Options
    Come on boys! First game I've actually been able to watch, buzzing for this!
  • Options
    COYRs!!
  • Options
    GAME TIME! #cafc

• Options
    West Brom one down
  • Options
    KICK-OFF | 1' We are off and under way at the Madejski Stadium... #rfc 0 #cafc 0
  • Options
    3' Corner Reading. #rfc 0 #cafc 0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    4' Reading win a second corner which is flicked on by a blue and white shirt, but comes to nothing. #rfc 0 #cafc 0
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Southbank said:
    Midfield may lack a bit of bite without Pratley.
    That midfield four are better known for other attributes ahead of tackling and aggression, but it’s definitely not a lightweight or soft midfield.
    It's also a very quick and mobile midfield 4.

• Options
    Leko tackles Gallagher...
  • Options
    5' SO SO CLOSE! Leko is slipped in, his shot is well saved by Cabral at his near post, Taylor tries to squeeze in the rebound but it's somehow scrambled away! #rfc 0 #cafc 0
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Leko tackles Gallagher...
     :# 
  • Options
    limeygent said:
    Aggravation of trying to log on to Valley Pass makes it not worthwhile, will follow on this thread. Thanks in advance to all who contribute.
    Good to know it's no better than when I gave up in perpetual frustration a few years ago. It's not rocket science but they make it look like it.
  • Options
    Taylor should’ve squared Gallagher 
  • Options
    4' The Addicks test @RAFAELCABRAL90 with a shot through the crowded box, #Royals keeper gets down well to parry away #REAvCHA | 0-0
  • Options
    edited August 2019

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!