Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Birmingham fill the away end

Comments

• Options
    Way to endear yourself to the locals mate!
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Oggy Red said:
    Birmingham supporters still among the top bunch of wankers I've ever met.
    The Millwall of the Midlands.

Will never forget going there on the last day of the 97-98 season. We could've gone up automatically that day and they needed a win to get into the play offs. Finished 0-0 and they were not happy.
    What got me was that they were taunting us of the fact that the draw meant we didn't get 2nd place......totally forgetting the fact that we were at least in the play-offs & they weren't. 
  • Options
    Just seen Birmingham have sold out their full allocation of 3,000 already. Should be a good atmosphere

Proper stadium that
  • Options
    Who is Yun?
  • Options
    I think their fearsome reputation is a bit overdone these days, St Andrews looks about 99% empty according to the highlights shows each weekend. Obviously if you went up there and got your head kicked in during the 1980s you’ll be a bit wary but in reality we’ll be fine.
  • Options
    Birmingham were always nailed-on to sell out, as are Leeds, obviously. 
  • Options
    Quite a line up. Amazed we won!
  • Options
    Looked at our lineup for our last game v Birmingham, Fanni and Yun, lethal duo of Igor and Harriott upfront.

I genuinely forgot that 4 of that squad actually played for us.
    Motta
    Fanni
    Yun
    Bergdich
    Correct. 
    Can’t forget Fanni...
    Who the bloody hell was Yun?  Where did he come from and how many games did he play?
    Yun Suk Young

Was on loan from QPR if I remember correctly
  • Options
    How good is this league ... Love it !!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Birmingham were always nailed-on to sell out, as are Leeds, obviously. 
    Well it totally shocked and surprised me what with the match a fortnight away.
  • Options
    Previous attendances and Brum followings:

Apr 16 - 15,742 (3073)
    Oct 14 - 16,369 (1,500)
    Feb 14 - 15,878 (2001)
    Feb 13 - 17,269 (?)
  • Options
    Lots of Brummies in London (well, you would wouldn't you if you grew up in Sparkbrook...) :D
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Birmingham supporters still among the top bunch of wankers I've ever met.
    The Millwall of the Midlands.

Will never forget going there on the last day of the 97-98 season. We could've gone up automatically that day and they needed a win to get into the play offs. Finished 0-0 and they were not happy.
    Been said before but worth saying again....Sasa was awesome that day.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r. I think I was on that coach. I was sitting down stairs, when this huge skinhead got on . I didn’t take much notice thinking he was one of ours . As he went upstairs I noticed he had a window stay in his hand . 3 seconds later he ran down stairs and off the bus. I assume he cracked you over the nut with it ? 
  • Options
    Can you buy tickets on the day when the away allocation has been sold out?
  • Options
    LMHR said:
    Cafc43v3r. I think I was on that coach. I was sitting down stairs, when this huge skinhead got on . I didn’t take much notice thinking he was one of ours . As he went upstairs I noticed he had a window stay in his hand . 3 seconds later he ran down stairs and off the bus. I assume he cracked you over the nut with it ? 
    Yup, almost knocked me out. 
  • Options
    Will be one of the loudest set of visiting supporters we have at The Valley this season. Let's hope we send them home disappointed.
  • Options
    Keep Right On in full voice is definitely one of my favourites from other clubs 
    I like all the proper, unique songs, beats everyone being on their way, allez allez and having dreams. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I like all the proper, unique songs, beats everyone being on their way, allez allez and having dreams. 
    Except Sad all over.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Except Sad all over.
    Not unique though, sung by at least 3 clubs.
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/DTOpN8ib4To

Last minute winner at 12.40
  • Options
    ?????
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Think there are quite a lot of Birmingham fans who have missed out on their tickets getting tickets within the home areas.

Just looked at the seats around me where I sit and there are a lot of seats already bought which doesn't happen often, especially this early.

I hope the club are on top of this and can try to minimise it happening further. Especially due to the type of fans they are.
    To be fair they usually are on the ball quite quick

Am surprised they didnt put home tickets on restricted sale the moment the away ones sold out
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Think there are quite a lot of Birmingham fans who have missed out on their tickets getting tickets within the home areas.

Just looked at the seats around me where I sit and there are a lot of seats already bought which doesn't happen often, especially this early.

I hope the club are on top of this and can try to minimise it happening further. Especially due to the type of fans they are.

Am surprised they didnt put home tickets on restricted sale the moment the away ones sold out
    Do you have to be a member (have a red card/con number) to buy on line then?
  • Options
    Sage said:

I imagine they'll be putting some restrictions on now, but not before some tickets will already be sold in home areas.
  • Options
    Yes, but I believe you need to be a member or have a purchase history.
  • Options
    Yes, but I believe you need to be a member or have a purchase history.
    Cheers not a problem then...I'm a member with loyalty points.
  • Options
    Looked at our lineup for our last game v Birmingham, Fanni and Yun, lethal duo of Igor and Harriott upfront.

I genuinely forgot that 4 of that squad actually played for us.
    Motta
    Fanni
    Yun
    Bergdich
    Correct. 
    Can’t forget Fanni...
    Who the bloody hell was Yun?  Where did he come from and how many games did he play?
    Yun Suk Young

Was on loan from QPR if I remember correctly
    Was gonna ask exactly the same thing.

Obviously this was back in the day when our loan players were all shit.