Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton are lucky to have an owner like Duchatelet

Comments

• Options
    Bower has to have as good as relationship with the owner. Read his autobiography to find out what he really thinks/thought!
  • Options
    Might be saying it because he wants to sign the new rb
  • Options
    We all have to "play the game" at times. 

Football is no different..to be fair its probably worse!

All Bowyer has said is what an owner, good or bad, should be doing. Pointing out the obvious.

• Options
    Sounds like a precursor to taking the Huddersfield job ;)
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Bowyer has said he needs to focus on what he can control, the football. There would be no benefit to him doing anything than keep the owner onside. That isn't game playing, it is common sense in his position. It is the same as any of us walking into the bosses office and telling him everything he/she is doing wrong. There is no advantage in doing so.
  • Options
    Bower has to have as good as relationship with the owner. Read his autobiography to find out what he really thinks/thought!
    Agree.
    Bowyer must've a good working relationship with Duchatelet while he is the Custodian of OUR football club. The same goes for the genius that is Steve Gallen. I imagine that Steve speaks to Roland more than Lee. 

Despite being stung by  Bowyer's comments "I don't know what more the fans want"  well an owner like Mike Garlick at Burnley who is worth about 50 million and watches the team every week and gives a decent amount of the TV money to Sean Dyche. He runs a tight ship but is one with the fans.

A few years ago at Sparrows lane when Johnny Jackson was the conduit between the management and the fans, I asked Johnny when he would write his autobiography about his time at Cafc under the various managers and owners and especially Duchatelet. JJ replied "after I  leave the Club. Not for at least 10 years then came my reply ! 
    As Russell Slade was boss then, I didn't realize how prescient my comments were, or may become ?
  • Options
    Bowyer has said he needs to focus on what he can control, the football. There would be no benefit to him doing anything than keep the owner onside. That isn't game playing, it is common sense in his position. It is the same as any of us walking into the bosses office and telling him everything he/she is doing wrong. There is no advantage in doing so.
    He can keep onside by keeping the magic going on the pitch and being suitably polite with RD when they interact. There is no need at all for the public brown-nosing and preaching to fans who’ve endured Duchatelet’s bollocks for a lot longer than Bowyer. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought Dale was supposed to be selling Bury.
  • Options
    If he is playing ingenious mind-games then it comes at the expense of CARD and those of us who support them. Very easy now for the apologists and anti-CARD meatheads to say everything is fine. 
  • Options
    This is a big red herring.

It's like arguing the toss over whether Ian Brady was worse than Peter Sutcliffe or the other way round.

• Options
    Bollocks to Duchatalet, he hasnt changed, he doesnt care and comparison to Bury or shouting 'better the devil you know' does not change anything. 100% Roland Out! 

This year I am going to do my best to ignore him (when not protesting in a way that doesnt impact on the team), and have fun following Lee Bowyers Addicks with my son and mates inspite of him, not because of him.

I hope it costs him shed loads, the bell end wouldnt know a good day out at football if it cost him a billion.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    This is a big red herring.

It's like arguing the toss over whether Ian Brady was worse than Peter Sutcliffe or the other way round.

Shouldn't you be on the Sale of Charlton thread Len ?
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    He can keep onside by keeping the magic going on the pitch and being suitably polite with RD when they interact. There is no need at all for the public brown-nosing and preaching to fans who’ve endured Duchatelet’s bollocks for a lot longer than Bowyer. 
    True, but he needs Duchatelet's support too. 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    RD has done the bare minumum that should be expected of a football club owner, on top of slagging off Bow when it looked like he wouldnt be signing a new contract. He deserves no praise of any kind. 

The fact that we are doing well is all because of Lee and Steve Gallen. Its an accident that RD has had both of them land in his lap, he would never have appointed them himself if he had the opportunity. 
  • Options
    Imo
    He's just showing any prospective new employer he knows where his loyalties lie.
  • Options
    If he openly criticised Roland, what would it achieve?
  • Options

Davo55 said:
    The fact he said "I don't know what more people want" shows he doesn't share the fan's perspective on RD.

So what, he's the manager - not a fan - and didn't experience what we experienced.  I can accept he doesn't care about the past that he can't control.

What's more, I would guess that with LB's baggage he would be criticised as a hypocrite if he damned people doing the right thing today for transgressions committed in the past.

It can only make the club even more attractive package to a prospective owner knowing the manager can handle relations with a man it's impossible to have normal relationship with. In no way dims my opposition to RD's continuing role as an owner just because the manager isn't siding with the fans.  

Not sure that approach has helped Spurs or Newcastle or the manager's standing with Pochettino and Benitez publicly undermining the owner, however justified from a fan's perspective.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    as far as I'm concerned Bowyer can say what he likes about how he feels about Roland but he shouldn't bring the fans into it and he shouldn't presume to say what we should think or do.
  • Options
    I wonder if the excesses of Peter Ridsdale had any bearing on some of those comments under David O'Leary by Lee.

Didn't the tea lady ask for a rise and the happy to please Ridsdale said will 100% do !
    That may just be an apocryphal story but I heard it from a professional Journalist on Radio 5 back in the day.
  • Options

No one has requested him or expects him to criticise RD but also it is not necessary of him to sing RD's praises in public.  If he wants, or is supposed to be blowing smoke up RD's backside to keep RD onside it can be done in private surely.  
  • Options
    Also remember the players will hear/read his comments.

What can he say "the owners rubbish, look at the crap I have to put out, they are either has beens, kids or shit.  I had to have then because they were cheap" 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Cafc43v3r said:

What can he say "the owners rubbish, look at the crap I have to put out, they are either has beens, kids or shit.  I had to have then because they were cheap" 
    Then again he wouldn't say that about the players because they're not any of those things.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Chizz said:

Other clubs aren’t as lucky and Bury is one of them, it is sad, for the fans: it’s their life. Fans go to work every day to earn their money to go and watch them on Saturday and support their team. We’ve got an owner, love him or hate him, he pays the bills every week. He pays the players, he pays the staff, all the other bills that come in.

He backed us in the summer, we’ve got a healthy squad, so for me he’s doing what an owner should do. I don’t know what more the fans want, he’s done and doing the right thing.

Maybe we’d like our budget to be bigger, but it is what it is. The man’s trying to sell a football club, I respect what he’s given us as we know the situation.

He’s done everything an owner should be doing. 

http://ow.ly/2P5T50vO2dK 

Nearly as bad as your cricket posts.  And I know you didn't write it.

Let's see where LB is next year when he earna himself a better job.....

• Options
    edited August 2019
    I don’t think anybody is asking him to do that. But it’s not a straight choice between praising him and slating him, he can do neither. 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    It is. With what we know about Roland - if Bowyer needs a bit of backing in January. Having a positive relationship with the owner is going to help that. We all know what a cnut the owner is, but he is unpredictable and if Bowyer wants to try to work him, let him I say. 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Cafc43v3r said:

Then again he wouldn't say that about the players because they're not any of those things.
    No I don't think they are either but a lot of people say that's what Bowyer has "been forced to sign" as a criticism of RD.