Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton are lucky to have an owner like Duchatelet

Comments

• edited August 2019
    Davo55 said:
    Duchatelet is a prick.

I love what Bowyer is doing on the pitch but he should keep his fucking gob shut about what fans should think of the owner.
    This 100%. Also I think Bowyer would prefer to have kept the team together & build on that rather than starting from scratch every season. 
  • Bowyer is a professional and he knows who pays his wages. He told Lyle as such when he ‘went out line’ last year. Doesn’t mean he loves the owner, he just knows when asked about the owner he needs to give a positive answer. He’s said exactly what he can say when asked the question in a press conference. Bowyer wants to keep the owner on side and all pushing in a positive direction.
  • We know bowyer well enough.

Long as Roland just reads that and it settles him....instead of Jim White exploding with a "Lee bowyer blasts Charlton fans for their lack of respect for superb owner, Roland"

Still, it is quite unnecessary. 

2 wrongs don't make a right.

wrong = wrong.

Roland is a rich bastard and his ownership of Charlton has been disgraceful and very neglegant.

He's incredibly lucky that bowyer happened to be a more then competent manager. He didn't choose Bowyer.

Bowyer is playing both sides quite well....it is still an unnecessary thing to go on about though.

Of course we would rather have Roland as an owner....instead of our club dying out and disappearing.

We want an owner that actually likes his business though. We want an owner that actually wants what is best for the football club.

Roland hates us....so he wants everything he does to be really appreciated , otherwise he can't handle it or accept it.

Maybe sell us then. Have you thought about that?
  • Firstly  Chizz you are a very naughty boy.

Secondly  Roland 
    Just sell the club and FUCK OFF. 
  • edited August 2019
    Is this like catching Herpes for the first time as at least then you know you can’t get it again?
  • Bowyer speaks as he finds,he was not here at the start,so did not endure the worst of the RD era.The Powell sacking,KM,crap network players,team interferance,totally un qualified managers.Lee has been his own man in his time as manager,and to be fare,if you had judged RD on the last two years or so with Bowyer at the club,there is not an awful lot to complain about.Yes,the tight budgets have been a problem,but Bowyer appears to be a master of putting together loans and free transfers ,and getting a winning fornula.The plight of Bury,Bolton and I am sure others in the near future should not be forgotten,these clubs massively overspent and are now paying the price.
  • Is it payday?
  • Addickted said:
    Is it payday?
    Best one yet. Well done.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yeah I'm.sure he'll say that at the end of the season if he sticks around and has to rebuild again 
  • It's a bit like saying be thankful that your partner only verbally abuses you because it could be worse......Doris down the road gets beaten up once a week by her partner...!!!

Yeah, 'my fella spent the last decade slapping me about, but last month we went on a lovely holiday'.
  • That Bowyer is pretty damn good when it comes to mind games and management of ones employer, he obviously wants a better player budget and the dosh to secure Lyle Taylor for another 18 months, going public and slating the owner aint gonna make that happen. Fair play to Lee, a shrewd geezer & we are very fortunate to have him along with JJ and Gallen.  
  • edited August 2019
    "I don't know what more the fans want"

A competent CEO capable of driving a Target 20k campaign and some ambition to attempt to reach The Premier League even if it only matched the kind of figures RD was happy to band about in the first 2 years such as spending £2.5m on Vetokele and sanctioning decent contracts for JBG and Cousins. 

Give Bowyer and Taylor new contracts whatever it takes to keep them, give Bowyer some cash to play with in January if we're still in with a shout of the play offs. RD always said for the first three years I think it was if we were in contention for the play offs then he'd allow some money to be spent. 

In essence a plan forward for the club is what else we would like. There's no doubt we're in the best place yet under RD but we were also only a Wembley backpass away from the whole thing falling apart and us hovering around the League One relegation zone as could well have been had we lost to Sunderland.

I appreciate Bowyer's words do contain a lot of truths but certainly there is plenty more RD could be doing too even if trying to sell the club he should be running it as best as he possibly can until the day he sells.
  • NugNug
    edited August 2019
    Bowyer about to ask for a pay rise after Huddersfield’s interest I take it. Good move kissing his arse first.
  • According to a spokesman on Sky, many clubs, (not saying what leagues), are struggling to pay wages and some are missed, surely something has to be done and EFL committee should start earning their wages. What happens if a new ruling about minor clubs not being able to claim funds from bigger clubs when they take their young players, comes in
  • edited August 2019
    Try telling that to the fans chasing him around the valley in my dream!
  • I'm going to find you. One day, when you least expect it.

• Sponsored links:

• "It is what it is," Bowyer says of the lowest playing budget in the division.

Reassuring to hear such sharp insight again.  We hadn't heard that nugget of wisdom for a month or more.
  • ross1 said:
    According to a spokesman on Sky, many clubs, (not saying what leagues), are struggling to pay wages and some are missed, surely something has to be done and EFL committee should start earning their wages. What happens if a new ruling about minor clubs not being able to claim funds from bigger clubs when they take their young players, comes in
    Bolton, Oldham, Macclesfield.
  • edited August 2019
    He has been a disaster since day one and the club is now back to where it was when he bought it, but he has done in millions on poor decisions - starting with the dreadful KM. 

She sold the Frenchman for a poxy 400k. I will never forget or forgive. 
    Not back where it was - then we were about £15M in debt. Now it is well over £60M.
  • I think Chizz might have a point.
    I have spoken to Roland a few times and i find him to be a nice guy. He even bought me a bottle of champagne once .

• edited August 2019
    Too much water has gone under the bridge. Douchatelet could have been a great owner if he had harnessed the support of the fans, instead of alienating them with his crazy mind, actions and piss poor communications.

Even upto recently he could have apologised, engaged with fans by attending a forum or like most owners attended a few games (without fearing for his life). He could have paid for free away travel for the fans for the season like Stoke. He could given out free vouchers for food and drink like Leicester or even heavily discounted season ticket like Bradford. At least this would have been small step forward spending some of his loose change.

But no, he has missed numerous opportunities and made no attempt to engage with the 'customers' 'soft terrorists' etc. So do I feel  lucky he is our owner.... NO I cannot wait to see the back of him!!
  • Well said Bows, I agree whole heartedly and may i add he has not put a foot wrong?
    Gaffer tape is stuck to the floor in fairness...
  • If you sell the club I won’t look for you
    but if you don’t, I will look for you
    and I will find you
    and I’ll kill you
  • I think that Bowyer is blowing the proverbial wotsit up Rolandos back door...

• I think Bowyer has played everyone, the owner, the fans, the press, the players and even other clubs. 

If he has put this squad together on the pennies that is claimed he is a genius.  This squad is brilliant, assuming the right back comes in, balanced as well.  I would like another center back and center forward, but everyone always wants 1 or 2 more.

If we are in the championship next season it would be a case of quality, not quantity in the summer and if the worse happens we already have a half decent league 1 team for next season (on a much smaller wage bill than last season). 

If Roland keeps his hands off we are on to something special. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I think Bowyer has played everyone, the owner, the fans, the press, the players and even other clubs. 

If he has put this squad together on the pennies that is claimed he is a genius.  This squad is brilliant, assuming the right back comes in, balanced as well.  I would like another center back and center forward, but everyone always wants 1 or 2 more.

If we are in the championship next season it would be a case of quality, not quantity in the summer and if the worse happens we already have a half decent league 1 team for next season (on a much smaller wage bill than last season). 

If Roland keeps his hands off we are on to something special. 
    It could be quantity again, 12 of the first team squad have contracts or loans that end next summer. That could be 13 if Matthews comes in, and Morgan’s contract length is unknown.