Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer to Huddersfield?!

Comments

• Options
    The one thing that worries me about this being true? The rumours are 7 hours old and neither Lee nor anyone at the club have denied it. 
    You can't go putting out denial statements to rumours on social media.
    Someone PLEEEEASE tell that to our President.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    If we all go on Skybet and put £1 on Hughton he’ll be odds on by nine o’clock. 
  • Options
    If we all go on Skybet and put £1 on Hughton he’ll be odds on by nine o’clock. 
    Pardew is 40/1 with Paddy Power.

Get a few bob on him and the player's wives will be delighted.
  • Options
    He will be odds on for any job. 

This happens 20 times a season  just cause someone's odds on for a job doesn't mean he's spoken to the other club. 
    It's only a discussion mate, I thought that's what CharltonLife was for when I registered.
    Someone probably has put a tenner on him. I guarantee someone puts £10 on one of the others and they will be the new odds on favorite. 
    put £10 on Mark Hudson and see how you get on.
    Odds?
  • Options
    Next manager odds swing all over the place.  He is a very wealthy man and is lucky he does not need to chase the wage so only reason to go would be their budget and chance of success.  They would certainly be better than us in that regards but the issue with Huddersfield is it is in Huddersfield and therefore shit.  Lee is way likely to wait for a better club before he leaves us IMO.
    100%
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Ferryman said:
    Sevenoaks or Huddersfield?!
    How many players went to Middlesbrough under Bryan Robson?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    rikofold said:
    I trust that if Bowyer does consider a move to Huddersfield, we get on his back, call him disloyal, abuse him on social media, turn up at his house, etc.  That is what we do when our football people consider leaving, right? 
    Squirrel face was not disloyal.
  • Options
    I really hate to put this out there, but my work colleague was in London yesterday and he sent me a text last night from Euston station and I quote "Just at Euston and just seen Lee Bowyer with a travel bag, must be watching a game somewhere tonight, not sure where he was going he was looking at the screen" end of text.
    I responded that perhaps off to Plymouth as Reading were playing there and we are playing them Saturday. A few minutes later I texted him again saying it cant be Plymouth and he had seen LB at 4:15 at Euston on the concourse and trains to Plymouth take 4 hours.
    I didn't think anymore of it, but after seeing this thread could he have been off to Terrier country? Just letting you know nothing else to add.

He'd be going from Kings Cross.

Might have bought a cheap advance purchase for the scenic route mind....
  • Options
    uhhhhh....help?

This is rubbish.

If a deal was done why would they wait till Friday to announce it.

Also if it was done no way would Bookies still be doing odds on it, the information would be passed to them and they would close the betting, so no chance has a deal been agreed yet
  • Options
    Why is it Harris from down the road is never in the betting for vacancies?
    Done a reasonable but not outstanding job. Not a "big name" either, and I suspect he's seen who'll do a good job at a smaller club with fewer resources, rather than someone to take on a club with money. Phil Parkinson seems to have a similar role in football.

Also, he plays "functional" rather than exciting football and most owners and fans seem to want the latter, after all that was a major reason why Ipswich replaced Big Mick.
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    I really hate to put this out there, but my work colleague was in London yesterday and he sent me a text last night from Euston station and I quote "Just at Euston and just seen Lee Bowyer with a travel bag, must be watching a game somewhere tonight, not sure where he was going he was looking at the screen" end of text.
    I responded that perhaps off to Plymouth as Reading were playing there and we are playing them Saturday. A few minutes later I texted him again saying it cant be Plymouth and he had seen LB at 4:15 at Euston on the concourse and trains to Plymouth take 4 hours.
    I didn't think anymore of it, but after seeing this thread could he have been off to Terrier country? Just letting you know nothing else to add.

If he was going to Yorkshire, it would have been from Kings Cross, I think. Euston heads up to the North West
    Euston to Manchester.
    Manchester to Hudds.
    The cheaper option possibly, the Belgian's expenses allowance did not permit the Kings Cross route.
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

If he was going to Yorkshire, it would have been from Kings Cross, I think. Euston heads up to the North West
    Euston to Manchester.
    Manchester to Hudds.
    The cheaper option possibly, the Belgian's expenses allowance did not permit the Kings Cross route.
    Bloody hope not. That would mean changing at Leeds and they might kidnap him.
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

Euston to Manchester.
    Manchester to Hudds.
    Bloody hope not. That would mean changing at Leeds and they might kidnap him.
    Get off at Wakefield Westgate instead.
  • Options
    The one thing that worries me about this being true? The rumours are 7 hours old and neither Lee nor anyone at the club have denied it. 
    Rumours? Roland made an official statement about Bowyer leaving and Bow didn’t even know about it, how do you think he will find out about a rumour?
  • Options
    Usually wouldn't give bookies managers odds the time of day.. but to add fuel to the fire I saw Lee at New Eltham train station in rush hour. Maybe spent the day in Huddersfield interviewing....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A friend of mine on the train says Lee has signed as player-coach for Birmingham. He said he took this picture of him on the training ground today. I will miss him. Good luck, Lee!

Was it the fans fault?
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    A friend of mine on the train says Lee has signed as player-coach for Birmingham. He said he took this picture of him on the training ground today. I will miss him. Good luck, Lee!

Was it the fans fault?
    No, just yours. :p
  • Options
    Not a chance of this. 
  • Options
    If the bookies were always right, Dennis Wise became our manager in January 2011
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    If the bookies were always right, Dennis Wise became our manager in January 2011
    He was.

It's just Meire forgot to sort the visa out.
  • Options
    Wise up mate
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Roland, the footballing genius we all know he is, would be very glad to get LB off of his hands...

He's probably paid them to take him off our hands...
  • Options
    Thing is Hudds have two more years of parachute money so if they stabilise this season then they could have the resources to have a crack at promotion next season. That said of they fuxk it up Bury times could be around the corner. I have no fear of Bowyer going there. He will go when it suites him. Hudds aren't the one. 
  • Options
    He will get much better offers this season than Huddersfield, and that's the worrying thing.